Home: Members' Area: Members' Introduction:
Hello

CutieJC
Novice

May 4, 2008, 6:09 PM

Post #1 of 9 (2817 views)
Shortcut
Hello Can't Post

Hello everybody . I'm Jessie, I have a 6 months old Miniature Poodle "Harry". I bought him from a pet shop when he was about 2 months old. This is the first time I owned a pet. Harry was really active and naughty. He likes running around and till now he still likes biting things and off course my parents and I. When I see others' dog, they don't seems having this weird character "Biting owner". Is it puppy always like that or can anyone teach me how to get him settle down? Thanks Tongue
Frown

kitten_penang

May 5, 2008, 2:58 PM

Post #2 of 9 (2785 views)
Shortcut
Re: [CutieJC] Hello [In reply to] Can't Post

hey ur puppy settle down yet ah?
it's kinda cute what ur puppy does.humans have hands they don't so they use their mouths.brush he's teeth so won't have any smell on ur hands :)

CutieJC
Novice

May 6, 2008, 3:34 PM

Post #3 of 9 (2701 views)
Shortcut
Problem! [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, Harry hasn't settle down yet.. still likes to bite bite bite.. and he is really choosy.. I have bought him few types of dog food but he doesn't like it but like humans' food.Frown
Frown

kitten_penang

May 6, 2008, 7:19 PM

Post #4 of 9 (2626 views)
Shortcut
Re: [CutieJC] Problem! [In reply to] Can't Post

hey if u wanna feed him human food make sure u keep it blend not salty or tasty that way he will prefer doggie food.tried it on my dog.it takes some time thou.

Veanne
K9 Maniac

May 7, 2008, 1:54 AM

Post #5 of 9 (2510 views)
Shortcut

erm... about the biting stuff... have to train from the start... if not, the behaviour will stick with him forever... and it will be hard for him to change later on... when he bite... look at him and say NO...!!! then ignore him... after a while, f he didn't bite... then give him treats... slowly your puppy will learn...

and about the food... erm... don't change his food so frequent... he will tends to be choosy... if he didn't eat his lunch, don't change another food for him... just ignore him if he didn't eat... let him starve... then for his dinner, serve to him the same food you serve to him in the afternoon... if he still didn't eat just ignore him again... let him starve... but you have to make sure you put a big bowl of water for him to drink... he will drink lots of water when he's starving... if he do not drink, make sure he drinks... dogs can actually starve for one week... my shiro break the record... he starve for 10 days... now he will eat anything i serve him... and remember NO TREATS when he's starving... he will learn that if he didn't eat he will starve... then he wouldn't be choosy anymore... a lot of owners have been using this method and does work...

please remember that don't serve him human food, where there is some ingredients that dogs cannot digest... about the food you can have a look at the nutrients thread...

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

khengteik
ALPHA

May 7, 2008, 7:05 PM

Post #6 of 9 (2317 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Veanne] Problem! [In reply to] Can't Post

yes.. you are very true... like the stray that we are keeping in our factory... at first she only wants human food... chuck anything at her and she'll eat... well all except chili.... if the food got chili, she'll sort them out and eat everything else but chili.... now... i think she got addicted to dog food liao... cos that day we gave her some leftover rice... she oso dowan d... Frown

A dog is a man's most loyal friend.

Veanne
K9 Maniac

May 7, 2008, 11:32 PM

Post #7 of 9 (2243 views)
Shortcut
Re: [khengteik] Problem! [In reply to] Can't Post

haha... those stray dog have no choice... they have to eat human food to survive... after eating dog food, sure will get addicted... haha... because the dog food is for dog... haha

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

CutieJC
Novice

May 8, 2008, 5:44 AM

Post #8 of 9 (2185 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Veanne] Problem! [In reply to] Can't Post

OIC... they can starve for so long.. haha... now I know how to handle him liao... previously if i see him still not eating after i've back from work then in the evening i'll quicky prepare him some food (other than his dog food)... does your dog vomit when he was starving himself? my Harry will always vomit in front of me or my parents and we will felt sad seeing him like that and... u know....
Frown

Veanne
K9 Maniac

May 8, 2008, 7:45 AM

Post #9 of 9 (2158 views)
Shortcut

Shocked vomit...??? my shiro never vomit ler... my dog will only vomit when they're sick... your harry just chew the food in the mouth and the just throw up...??? or swallow the food already then only vomit...??? its better to consult your vet about the vomit...

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my