Home: General: Chit Chat:
Tibetan Mastiff

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Apr 30, 2008, 6:35 PM

Post #1 of 23 (10255 views)
Shortcut
Tibetan Mastiff Can't Post

(檳城)為讓寵物店別具一格,海納寵物行東主陳囊清以一輛豪華房車的價格,即12萬令吉從國外購進被喻為世界級珍稀品種的西藏獒犬,作為“鎮店之寶”。這也是首隻入境我國的西藏獒犬。

藏獒是世界級珍稀品種的犬類,更被為為中國二級保護動物,身價不斷增值。由於牠對主人非常忠心,在國外,目前已越來越多人把牠視為“良朋益友”。

耐寒耐熱吃不多

陳囊清不惜砸下鉅款購得這隻寵物,主要是希望提高寵物店的名望。他說,純種的藏獒難求,國際犬聯(FCI)公認藏獒品種更屬罕有,因此再貴也值得。

他說,他11歲便視狗為寵物,因為狗是人類最忠實的朋友。當年他勤力幫助父親打理商店,獲得150令吉獎賞,便買了第一隻德國狼狗。他過後持續飼養多個品種的狗,如蘇聯高加索犬種、名種德國狼狗等。

因為興趣,他15年前開始經營寵物店,並從世界各地引進高質量的狗種。目前,他是我國唯一受到中國、台灣多家高級藏獒繁殖地授權,作為代理銷售高級藏獒的大馬商人。

他說,藏獒容易飼養、環境適應性極強、耐寒耐熱、食量不多、抗病力強。它強壯有力,體型巨大、骨骼和肌肉發育良,威嚴肅穆, 表情平靜,對陌生人有強烈敵意,但對主人極為親熱, 是看家護院的得力助手。

他補充,純種藏獒一年只發情一次,每次生產4至5隻,多產的母狗甚至可一次生產7至8隻,壽命為10至16年。

又稱東方神犬
可鬥3隻惡狼

陳囊清說,藏獒又名蕃狗、多啟、大狗等,產於中國西藏和青海。一隻成年藏獒可以鬥敗3條惡狼,兩隻藏獒可敵獵豹,故此藏獒也被喻為“天狗”。

“西方人知道藏獒的神奇及勇猛後,把牠稱為‘東方神犬’ 。它也是世界上唯一敢與猛獸搏鬥的犬類。”

他指出,藏獒形體壯實,頸粗有力,聽覺敏捷,視覺銳利,前肢五趾尖利,後肢四趾鉤利,犬牙鋒利無比。

“藏獒毛長而密,身毛長10至50釐米,毛色以黑色為多,其次是黃色、白色、青色和灰色等。一隻純種成年藏獒重60公斤左右,長約四尺,肩高2尺半餘。”

陳囊清說,藏獒可分為獅型藏獒(也稱獅子頭藏獒)和虎型藏獒(又稱虎頭藏獒、短毛藏獒)兩種。“獅型藏獒
的脖頸上鬃毛豎立,抬眼望時如雄師般威武。至於虎型藏獒犬頭大,脖頸鬃毛短,嘴短而寬,形狀如虎。”

他聲稱,高級藏獒品種可分為鐵包金、金絲獒及雪獒等。鐵包金藏獒又稱四眼,黑背黃腿,兩眼眉框上方有兩點銅錢般黃斑。金絲藏獒可稱為黃色毛藏獒,雪藏獒可稱白色毛藏獒,價格由8 000令吉起跳。

優秀的純種藏獒已經少之又少, 就連西藏純種的藏獒也只能在偏遠的民家才能找到。這一次把藏獒引入大馬,也為大馬寵物界增添風彩。

mike9my
Enthusiast

May 1, 2008, 2:32 AM

Post #2 of 23 (10230 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JS Lew] Tibetan Mastiff [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there, new language ke? cannot read your post??? or is it my computer can't decipher it? anyone can help

superkian

May 1, 2008, 10:41 PM

Post #3 of 23 (10201 views)
Shortcut

wow,impresive.long time dint read the newpaper.great to hear tibetan mastiff come at malaysia.got chance to see this breed in future.

Ignore&avoid The begger begging for something purebreed and irresposible breeder.Respect the resposible&ethical breeder and truely loving&caring thier dog.Piss off begger,they will not appreciate something come with free.Thank you.
www.dogster.com/dogs/742926

Veanne
K9 Maniac

May 2, 2008, 4:01 AM

Post #4 of 23 (10180 views)
Shortcut

hmm.... wonder what language is this...??? i wanted to try to translate it... but i dunno the origin word of your thread.... cause my computer couldn't read your thread....

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

mickey123
Enthusiast

May 2, 2008, 7:15 AM

Post #5 of 23 (10169 views)
Shortcut

em.. but, I had watched a documentary from discovery channel about tibetan mastiff a few months ago.. claiming that there's not much pure breed in this world.. even you can hardly find any pure breed tibetan mastiff in tibet.. most of them mix with other breed already..

mickey123
Enthusiast

May 2, 2008, 7:16 AM

Post #6 of 23 (10166 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Veanne] Tibetan Mastiff [In reply to] Can't Post

need to change the encoding to Chinese simplified to read that article..

JS Lew
Enthusiast

May 2, 2008, 8:03 AM

Post #7 of 23 (10159 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Veanne] Tibetan Mastiff [In reply to] Can't Post

It's in simplified Chinese. Guess your computer couldn't read it.

Summary - A pet shop in Penang imported the first Tibetan Mastiff to Malaysia which costs RM 120k.

Then it talks about different types and the nature of Tibetan Mastiff which is quite interesting to know.

1 Tibetan Mastiff can fight 2 wolves. 2 Tibetan Mastiff can kill a leopard.

Veanne
K9 Maniac

May 2, 2008, 2:07 PM

Post #8 of 23 (10136 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JS Lew & mickey123] Tibetan Mastiff [In reply to] Can't Post

haha... my com cannot read simplified chinese... if my com knows how to read, i also dunno how to read... hahaha...

isn't it tibetan mastiff have been banned in malaysia...??? how come they can import these breeds...???

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

musashi
ALPHA

May 2, 2008, 6:04 PM

Post #9 of 23 (10124 views)
Shortcut

wa...so expensive ? can buy a car already...Pirate

Pet safari is selling at RM26888 only lei..how come he paid RM120K ?

Blush I am the man with dog's name

khengteik
ALPHA

May 2, 2008, 10:37 PM

Post #10 of 23 (10106 views)
Shortcut
Re: [musashi] Tibetan Mastiff [In reply to] Can't Post

120K.... can by me a Toyota Supra and extreme modify it already lor......

A dog is a man's most loyal friend.

myzanordin
ALPHA

May 3, 2008, 12:40 AM

Post #11 of 23 (10098 views)
Shortcut
Re: [khengteik] Tibetan Mastiff [In reply to] Can't Post

Can buy a car? Can buy a house also ler......

khengteik
ALPHA

May 3, 2008, 1:04 AM

Post #12 of 23 (10095 views)
Shortcut
Re: [myzanordin] Tibetan Mastiff [In reply to] Can't Post

well technically that car is a street legal race car.... even before modifications.... and the production has been discontinued therefore making it a quite a rare item in Malaysia...

120k can oni buy house in ulu ulu places ler myza... :p

Veanne
K9 Maniac

May 3, 2008, 1:22 AM

Post #13 of 23 (10090 views)
Shortcut

haha... erm... 120k can buy a condo in setapak area... haha...

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

myzanordin
ALPHA

May 3, 2008, 1:30 AM

Post #14 of 23 (10089 views)
Shortcut

yar lah...ulu place. But I think can get at least a condo/apartment unit in Klang, Bandar Puteri. The place is booming also...at least can stay there or sewa and make some money....

Nowaday, prices are becoming more ridiculous..I have heard of a champion line/show line that cost RM 30 - RM 40 K ler..but RM 120 K...adoi...I think one of our forum members have a tibetan mastiff name Shangkar. He is from Penang , Tony his name. he has few giant breed

khengteik
ALPHA

May 3, 2008, 1:53 AM

Post #15 of 23 (10081 views)
Shortcut
Re: [myzanordin] Tibetan Mastiff [In reply to] Can't Post

hahaha... true oso..... 120k very nice to use... can eat and eat and eat and eat and eat and eat... nice......

eh eh... i oso got 1 giant leh.... think everyone sked of his size liao.... no ppl dare to take.... poor thing...

mike9my
Enthusiast

May 3, 2008, 5:43 AM

Post #16 of 23 (10071 views)
Shortcut

KT, fei lo still with u meh? who fed him when u were in thailand, may b now slimmer aredi

too bad i stay in condo otherwise might consider him

khengteik
ALPHA

May 3, 2008, 8:54 AM

Post #17 of 23 (10051 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mike9my] Tibetan Mastiff [In reply to] Can't Post

haha... that fatso was not with me to begin with.... he's being fostered by my aunt's friend.....

nikemax
Novice

May 4, 2008, 8:32 AM

Post #18 of 23 (10009 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mickey123] Tibetan Mastiff [In reply to] Can't Post

tibetan mastiff..a real rare breed.

the 1st i saw in ikano pet safari.it was like a rotteiler marking with alsatian furcoat.

but spend tht thousand ks jus for a no diff dog?aiyo..better use tht amount to set up shelter for abandoned dogs

Kevin Chuan
ALPHA

May 4, 2008, 6:55 PM

Post #19 of 23 (9995 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
hahaha... true oso..... 120k very nice to use... can eat and eat and eat and eat and eat and eat... nice......

eh eh... i oso got 1 giant leh.... think everyone sked of his size liao.... no ppl dare to take.... poor thing...

Hi Myza and all members,

TM comes in 2 different range... 1 is the original TM from Tibet / China, and the other line are from American line, smaller in size and the temperament are much more tamer than the original breed.

RM120K for a original TM is still cheap, as even the TM breeding farm in China also claimed that it is very hard to get a pure TM. Certain TM fans in China even bought a pure TM with RMP500K... I only seen once the pure TM in Taiwan... damm huge in size.

Most of the TM in Malaysia comes from north, the owner of the petshop at Ikano also from Penang... I went to Thailand 2 weeks ago, I saw a litter of TM in Sadao Thailand owned by a Siamese. He is selling the pup at only RM15000. There will be discount if buy more than a pup, the pups are all in black and tan color with 2 tan spot at the fore head... like Rotty.

The guy that advertise in the Chinese paper selling TM at RM120K also from north... assume that the cost is only RM15K, then the profit is 900% huh... hahahaha...

Anybody interested to follow me to Thailand...? Wink... I will be going again in June, by then you should be able to see those active n healthy pups like TM, Dogo Argentino, American Bulldog, Tosa Inu, Borboel, and some really rare breeds...

khengteik
ALPHA

May 5, 2008, 6:50 AM

Post #20 of 23 (9978 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kevin Chuan] Tibetan Mastiff [In reply to] Can't Post

yo bro.... i oso just back from thailand.... but didnt have chance to go n c those rare breeds ler... the place where i'm staying got a few GR's that are let run loose.... very friendly and playful too.... was such a sight to see them jumping and playing with water during the sonkran festival.....

btw... any news from oldman??? will be going to thailand again next week or so.... :p

Kevin Chuan
ALPHA

May 5, 2008, 7:27 AM

Post #21 of 23 (9969 views)
Shortcut

Hi Brother,

I don't have any news from Oldman... I totaly have no idea who is Oldman... I did ask my friends in Thai whether they know anyone from Pg owns 20 over pits in Thailand... given a few names but not oldman...

khengteik
ALPHA

May 5, 2008, 7:32 AM

Post #22 of 23 (9967 views)
Shortcut

long long time no news from him already..... i also got ask my friends around... but they in ayuthaya.... so they dont really know.... went round a few places with pits but mostly only one or two oni.... mayb if this time go thailand got time will go round asking again... my thai no good... so abit difficult.... oni know nam bao... nam ken.... kau tom... kau bat..... n dunhill... Frown the first thing i learn there is nam ken... its so hot there... no nam ken kenot la..... hahahahaha

(This post was edited by khengteik on May 5, 2008, 7:34 AM)

myzanordin
ALPHA

May 5, 2008, 5:02 PM

Post #23 of 23 (9918 views)
Shortcut

Hai Kevin,

Long time no hear. How r u? Thanks for the info. But I still wonder...y ppl still want to buy when the dog is a price of a house...gosh! plus the original breed is feracious and can kill even wolf...dont think they shld be domesticated.....

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my