Home: Behavioral Problems: Barking & Growling Problems:
Barking in e midnite.

simweiken
Novice

Apr 27, 2008, 9:39 AM

Post #1 of 18 (17791 views)
Shortcut
Barking in e midnite. Can't Post

I've read a few post over here..But still cant clear my doubt..My dog(9 mth male husky) likes to bark in the middle of the night when he is chained up outdoor..However when i let him go loose around the garden in my hus..he won't bark anymore..The thing is that he know where he's suppose to pee and poo..But when let loose..he will pee anywhere around the garden, killing the grasses and plant in the end. And my mum does not want it to stay indoor(we live in a cornered house) so i hook him outside the main door there..and he bark and bark and bark and bark..My dog has seperation anxiety..When i leave the house..he shut up..but when i came back..he'll bark and bark to either let me get him loose or bring him into my room..(he just wan someone to be around him...)

I've tried wif the food tatic whereby i leave the food in a toy and he play to eat it..But afterward..he bark and bark again after finishing the food..waking up the neighbour..I DON'T WANT IT...=(( sometimes i try to hit him wif something soft...But after i get into the house again..he WOAH WOAH WOAH non-stop..what can i do? WALK HIM until he's tired? let him loose? i dun tink its possible..let him bark until he's tired? (he's quite a long breadth dog)..i bring him to pee and poo and he did it..so there's no point in barking telling me to take him to pee..ANyone can help me out in this matter? i'm really freaking out...I love my dog..But getting noisy in the middle of the night really makes one furious..PLEASE...HELP ME OUT....

However..This is not always the case..sometimes when he's really tired..he will just slp out there..without making a single noise...

(This post was edited by simweiken on Apr 27, 2008, 9:45 AM)

vckloong
Novice

Apr 27, 2008, 8:49 PM

Post #2 of 18 (17781 views)
Shortcut
Re: [simweiken] Barking in e midnite. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Dog behavioural problems are sometimes worrisome.

If you guys need an expert or consultant's advice from the United States you can visit www.dogtrainster.com.

They have pretty good information there as well as certified consultants there to help you out.

Vincent
www.dogtrainster.com - Ultimate Resource and Tips for Dog Training

simweiken
Novice

Apr 28, 2008, 1:15 AM

Post #3 of 18 (17768 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vckloong] Barking in e midnite. [In reply to] Can't Post

yea...thx dude..i'll go and take a look over ther...Cool

vckloong
Novice

Apr 28, 2008, 3:01 AM

Post #4 of 18 (17760 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Dont forget to ask by email through the website.

They are professionals in dog behavioural and positive approach training.

See you there!

mum2jude
Enthusiast

May 6, 2008, 7:47 PM

Post #5 of 18 (17212 views)
Shortcut

I think more than 90% of dogs, if you chain them up alone in the garden, they will bark to get your attention. Especially if when he barks and you come out to shush him. Even if you whack him, he'll be happy to see you for those few minutes he's got you with him.
~~~~~~~~~~~
mum2jude
Chewy
Daisy
Ell
Fluffy

myzanordin
ALPHA

May 6, 2008, 9:07 PM

Post #6 of 18 (17177 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mum2jude] Barking in e midnite. [In reply to] Can't Post

Until now, I still dont understand y some owners chain their dog...Is it because, they are afarid that the dogs will run-away or wat?....please enlighten me...I think by having space (garden or watsoever), dogs shld be let free to roam....

I do chain my doggies too. But when the Indonesian cleaner comes on weekends...cos, they will be disturbing her and will be walking in and out with dirt..apart from that, they can do watever they like, except bark their heads off...Tongue

mum2jude
Enthusiast

May 6, 2008, 10:30 PM

Post #7 of 18 (17156 views)
Shortcut
Re: [myzanordin] Barking in e midnite. [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, I chain Chewy my Rottie everytime I open the front gate to drive in and out. Don't want her to go give any old neighbours walking outside a heartattack. Apart from that, I chain her when I have visitors coming into the house.

I put all dogs in back garden when maid comes but once she's inside house, I transfer them to front garden so she can wash the back. When she's done and ready to leave, I transfer them back to the back garden. Kesian if have to tie them for such a long time.

Sometimes after mandi, I will chain them on a short leash with their heads unable to lick body. This is when I use the tickcide solution and don't want them to lick it all off their bodies.
~~~~~~~~~~~
mum2jude
Chewy
Daisy
Ell
Fluffy

myzanordin
ALPHA

May 6, 2008, 10:48 PM

Post #8 of 18 (17143 views)
Shortcut

That's what I am saying...furkids shld be chained for a reason..not because of the convenience of the owner. Want a dog, but dont want to take the trouble.

Kesian lah....some I saw chained 24 hours, 365 days on short leash somemre. Owner only want the dog to bark and alert them on intruder...go and get an alarm system lah..y want to deprive the poor dog from freedom ......urrghhh....Mad

Before I own any dogs, use to see rottie caged and never taken out for walk,ever. Imagine..that size of a dog, no exercise. I am sure the bone and kaki all weak ....all he does is sit, stand and bark...no wonder the dog look koo koo..Put the owner caged that way, he will turn koo koo too...cruel ppl.

Still wonder, what is in the mind of this kind of owner...

mum2jude
Enthusiast

May 6, 2008, 11:02 PM

Post #9 of 18 (17139 views)
Shortcut
Re: [myzanordin] Barking in e midnite. [In reply to] Can't Post

My present foster girl lived with such a cruel family. She was kept in a cage and two other bigger dogs are kept as watchdogs - one is chained and one has a limited space to run. Previously before the rescuer went to nag the family, the dogs didnt have shelter most times!

This well-to-do family has refused to give up the two larger dogs coz they are useful as watchdogs. Seems that area a lot of break-ins. This one, small medium sized dog, the lady said can take away. The dogs are not allowed to run in the big garden coz will spoil garden, it seems. Mad people to place more importance on grass and flowers than the dogs they depend on to protect them.

This poor girl is so timid. She's such a beautiful girl, and so sweet and gentle, too. I hope a couple of weeks with my rough&tumble girls will bring her out of her shell. Hoping to find a good home for her soon. Will post a pix of her on the adoption thread soon.

Sorry to hijack post... Frown
~~~~~~~~~~~
mum2jude
Chewy
Daisy
Ell
Fluffy

myzanordin
ALPHA

May 6, 2008, 11:23 PM

Post #10 of 18 (17130 views)
Shortcut

yeah..yeah ..soli, soli for hijacking ...Blush

aiyoh..kesiannyer. Hope she will be find a good home and find true deserving owner....just pray that she will be emotionally heal and learn to know that there are nicer ppl out there.....

Pity..the 2 bigger dogs. They will never experience love. But ironically, how bad they are treated pun...they will still love the owner unconditionally...

And yes, they are lots of ppl who thinks 'harta benda' is more importance than their pet. One of my cousins, abandon her 'pet cat' in a pasar cos she was always sleeping on her new car...so, the car calar. So what ?? I ask her its only a car!

She thinks i am insane. Told her not that the car cannot jalan or what, its only scratches. Dnt knw what they are thinking.....

Where I stay. Most are middle-class chinese family. THough we live a small terrace houses. Most of my neighbours have dogs, all free to roam in their porch area. Sad to say, rich ppl, big house, big compound...small heart, brainless....

Veanne
K9 Maniac

May 7, 2008, 1:26 PM

Post #11 of 18 (17045 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
My dog(9 mth male husky) likes to bark in the middle of the night when he is chained up outdoor..However when i let him go loose around the garden in my hus..he won't bark anymore..The thing is that he know where he's suppose to pee and poo..But when let loose..he will pee anywhere around the garden, killing the grasses and plant in the end.

hmm... the only way... dun chain your puppy... no living animals nor human likes to be chain... u chain them... they bark, reasonable ma... if not, you would have to train your dog for being used to the chain... and that also need time...

hmm... killing grasses...??? i tot faeces is actually act as a fertiliser...??? my uncle next door, always ask for my dog's poo...Crazy

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

May 8, 2008, 5:51 PM

Post #12 of 18 (16755 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Veanne] Barking in e midnite. [In reply to] Can't Post

waaa he wan more poo or not.. i got more than 10 dog's poo everyday in my house each one poo 2 times minimum 20 pieces a day.. i am willing to give for free..Laugh

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

Veanne
K9 Maniac

May 9, 2008, 2:40 AM

Post #13 of 18 (16652 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] Barking in e midnite. [In reply to] Can't Post

haha... i ask him tonight whether he want or not... if he want... this saturday, i go to your house take poo... going back to my hometown this saturday...Sly haha... omg... my car would be really smelly...Shocked 3 hours trip..Pirate

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

simweiken
Novice

May 9, 2008, 5:45 AM

Post #14 of 18 (16627 views)
Shortcut

I dun like to chain him too..i love my husky alot..my mum dun wan him to roam abt cos his poo actually KILL the grasses..I DUNNO WHY..Gosh..and his pee too..he knows where to pee and poo..but when let off leash...he anyhow pee or poo..Now i got him a nice caged place of about 10 metre behind my house..QUite cool..solve the problem for the mean time...hehex..Smile Thx guys for all the comments and you guys enlightened me..=))

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

May 9, 2008, 6:26 PM

Post #15 of 18 (16535 views)
Shortcut

i wrap nicely and spray perfume for u ok?

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

Veanne
K9 Maniac

May 10, 2008, 8:04 AM

Post #16 of 18 (16406 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] Barking in e midnite. [In reply to] Can't Post

haha... nice.... ck perfume not bad... hahaha... give me the perfume too... hehe...

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

Veanne
K9 Maniac

May 10, 2008, 8:06 AM

Post #17 of 18 (16404 views)
Shortcut

its good to hear that the problem already settle....

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

zephyros
Canine Addict

Jan 5, 2009, 6:01 PM

Post #18 of 18 (13238 views)
Shortcut

hi, unfortunately, u made one big mistake. letting your husky go when it made noise. now it knows that if it wants to be released, it'll make even more noise.

so now u got two ways, start retraining your dog, or keep an eye on it till it learns where to go business when unsupervised.

also yours is a husky...have u read up the temperament of these dogs? if u haven't it's high time u do. you'll find it easier to handle them if u know how they work. in short, husky are hard headed dogs. they won't do stuff if it doesn't bring any advantages to them. if it can't find a good reason to stay chained, hell they'll tear your wall down if needed be. you have to give them a reason to be chained.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my