Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: General: Chit Chat:
What u say dressed up them n take them out !

moselle
New User

Apr 17, 2008, 7:15 PM

Post #1 of 22 (2102 views)
Shortcut
What u say dressed up them n take them out ! Can't Post

What do think about dressing up ur doggie with trendy clothing while go shopping with you ?Like any other country Japan , Taiwan , Hong Kong

etc . walk their doggie in da mall by dreesing them up in trendy clothing ... I wish I can too Unimpressed Do you feel the same ? Unfortunately in Malaysia we can't bring our goggie into da mall Frown What a shame! Weeks ago I toke my Moselle along with me to coffee bean PG for lunch .After odering the food waiter came up to me telling me dogs are not allow to enter even i was sitting outside . Sigh end up I hav to take away my food and had my lunch in the car with Moselle... but we can change the mentality of ppl here ... Everyone here lets bring up the crowd ! Lets dressing up our doggie and take them to out more often ... to let ppl to accept and get used to the doggie ard us .Wink

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Apr 17, 2008, 9:12 PM

Post #2 of 22 (2082 views)
Shortcut
Re: [moselle] What u say dressed up them n take them out ! [In reply to] Can't Post

I was in Rome & Stockholm last year, dogs are allowed in most of the public areas, e.g. mall, street, stations, restaurants, etc. It's very common there, dogs are part of their daily life.

In Malaysia, even parks don't allow to bring dogs..........What a shame!!

Maybe we should start a park which allows dogs & other pets. We can bring our dogs there for jogging and to meet other dogs and dog lovers... Of course the park should be contrusted to be a heaven for dogs with lots of dog ammenities, game facilities, pool, etc...

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 17, 2008, 9:24 PM

Post #3 of 22 (2076 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JS Lew] What u say dressed up them n take them out ! [In reply to] Can't Post

even in taiwan, was there earlier this yr, people with dogs out everywhere! from poodles to huskys! made me wanted to move to taiwan!

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Apr 17, 2008, 9:45 PM

Post #4 of 22 (2074 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] What u say dressed up them n take them out ! [In reply to] Can't Post

You move to Taiwan and leave us behind?

Should start something here so everyone can come together.

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 17, 2008, 10:27 PM

Post #5 of 22 (2073 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JS Lew] What u say dressed up them n take them out ! [In reply to] Can't Post

my mandarin sucks, so cannot actually move to taiwan... Tongue

we r in bolehland, a muslim country... it'll be a tough fight to create something for our 4-legged frens... Unsure

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

boco

Apr 17, 2008, 10:51 PM

Post #6 of 22 (2067 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ALL] What u say dressed up them n take them out ! [In reply to] Can't Post

no use to compare with other countries as we're in a muslim-majority country...sad is basically there's nothing we can do to get dogs run freely in public...except migrate to overseas.

if you want to bring your dog out, just check upfront whether that place is dog-friendly...places like ikano, friendster cafe (damansara perdana) allow dogs.

(This post was edited by boco on Apr 17, 2008, 11:09 PM)

mum2jude
Enthusiast

Apr 18, 2008, 12:11 AM

Post #7 of 22 (2053 views)
Shortcut

If only, if only we can divide all parks and have a section where dogs are allowed.

Yeah, two pains of living in a Muslim country... no dogs allowed in most places and no pork ribs at Tony Roma's. Tongue
~~~~~~~~~~~
mum2jude
Chewy
Daisy
Ell
Fluffy

charleswong29
Enthusiast

Apr 18, 2008, 1:19 AM

Post #8 of 22 (2042 views)
Shortcut

dun talk abt public areas, even we hide our dogs in our own property, some one also will do whatever they can to kick the dog away. totally agree with JS Lew......WHAT A SHAME

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Apr 18, 2008, 1:34 AM

Post #9 of 22 (2034 views)
Shortcut
Re: [charleswong29] What u say dressed up them n take them out ! [In reply to] Can't Post

should one of us start a private park that open to dogs?

We know our government is not doing any good things for dog so we have to really depend on our own.

Veanne
K9 Maniac

Apr 18, 2008, 8:48 AM

Post #10 of 22 (2018 views)
Shortcut
Re: [all] What u say dressed up them n take them out ! [In reply to] Can't Post

haih... complaint is useless wan... we're in a muslim country... what to do... want to bring my dog go out for a walk also very pening oo... have to see got malay ppl coming out or not... if got, then have to wait until they go back... then only can bring my dog to the park... if not they all shouting at there... haih...

yesterday i saw 2 malay girls when i bring my dog for a walk... and their reaction is... "aaa...!!!! ya allah...!!!" then followed by the quran words which i dun understand... haih... seems like my shiro is scarier than the ghost... haih...

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

Veanne
K9 Maniac

Apr 18, 2008, 8:59 AM

Post #11 of 22 (2016 views)
Shortcut

mw_pon have suggest a Dog Friendly Park in Subang Jaya in a threat in the dog friendly places... you can voice up your suggestion there...

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

bakamono
Enthusiast

Apr 18, 2008, 4:26 PM

Post #12 of 22 (1990 views)
Shortcut

sometimes it has to do wz those who do not leash thier dogs on walks n not picking up the poo after their furkids when they r on the road. Am sure majority of us do that here in this forum but how many more do not know of it out there in M'sia? As a dog lover, I do not enjoy having to step on pee poo and having strange dog near me smelling my butts. It has nothing to do wz being a muslim country or not as many in the middle east are having dogs as family pets. V can see attitude is changing recently wz many malays having dogs as pets. All v can do now is to do our part n try to educate those lacking on this issue. Attitude will change eventually maybe slowly. V r lucky to have a forum like this where v can share our views n many are voluntary rehomer for strays and it'll b better for us to find out more why ppl hate dogs in majority. Personally feel that a dog park or parks in m'sia is a not a dream.

JSLew, can imagine u taking yr GD out for a CALM walk (minus all the fancy dresses) and all the leng lui will definately turn their heads on you.

boco

Apr 18, 2008, 7:22 PM

Post #13 of 22 (1966 views)
Shortcut

actually it depends on where you live...if your area is chinese-majority, then there shouldn't be any problem.

i see many people taking their dogs out for a walk in my area...my dad brings our dog out for morning walk and to nearby field to play fetch.

of coz, owner needs to leash the dog, pick up the dog's poo and don't let the dog simply pee on people's premises...most importantly, the dog needs to be trained on how to behave in public.

it really depends on individual's mindset about having dogs in public, whether they accept it or not.

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Apr 18, 2008, 7:25 PM

Post #14 of 22 (1964 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bakamono] What u say dressed up them n take them out ! [In reply to] Can't Post

Agree with you, we have to do our part also as responsible dog owner......... The place I live in Singapore, people let their dogs pee inside the lift (in all 3 lifts) almost every morning..........Gosh, I can imagine how bad the impression can be formed for other people.......... The management has put up many notice reminding people not to let their dogs pee inside the lift but I haven't seen any changes yet...........Like that ah, how to gain support from public for dogs' welfare?

Hi Jeannie, don't think GD will look good in any dresses....Sly Now I still receive a lot of attention from people whenever I walk my GD. Cars and motors will slow down and take a closer look..........some even stop and ask "wah, so big, what dog is this? Never see before".......Pedetrians will usually walk to the other side of the road to avoid "direct" encounter with Scobby............

Unfortunately, so far attract no leng lui...........only auntie & unlce plus some kids.............Frown Your area got a lot of leng lui? Maybe I can bring Scobby there...

delonhinms
Dog Kichi

Apr 21, 2008, 5:27 AM

Post #15 of 22 (1910 views)
Shortcut

I got a friend who stay in kuantan. My friend just moved into a house and unfortunatly her neighbours are malay. my friend dog is a small breed and seldom barks. But the neightbour being a muslim told my friend to get rid of the dog because the area is malay area. sad case.

I think the modern malays are more open to dogs. i have a few friends who is muslim touches my dog. as long as they have no contact with their saliver then should be ok. if you bring to those kampung area maybe your dog might get shot and you might see sticks and wood flying towards you and your dog.

The other day i read an article in the papers about a muslim professor in overseas who own 2 dogs. and the professor is a proffessor who studies islamic religion.

julieleau
Novice

Apr 21, 2008, 7:04 PM

Post #16 of 22 (1886 views)
Shortcut
Re: [delonhinms] What u say dressed up them n take them out ! [In reply to] Can't Post

My husband and i always like to dressed up my two poodles and bring them out jalan-jalan... makan...around my place, we went shopping to look for cloths for their new dress at "kamdar"&"ngoya'' in kl..even the malay workers also like my furkids very much.. they always like to praise my furkids " macam anak patung, mayak cantik.." and this will make us so happy!

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Apr 21, 2008, 7:15 PM

Post #17 of 22 (1885 views)
Shortcut
Re: [delonhinms] What u say dressed up them n take them out ! [In reply to] Can't Post

I think only Malaysia Muslims are against dogs..........but not other countries' muslim.

I have a colleague who is from Pakistan. She told me it's absolutely ok for Muslim to rear dogs in her country. Just that they need to be careful with dogs' saliva....

If you go to hotels in Indonesia, you will notice they serve pork in hotel. Muslims won't touch any dishes with pork but it's not an offense to them seeing pork dishes. Unlike in Malaysia, not only they cannot eat pork, they cannot see, cannot touch, cannot seeing other people eating pork..................etc

I guess it depends on their intepretation and understanding on religious teaching.

But I guess now people change slowly.........You can find some Malays who love dogs in this forum.

delonhinms
Dog Kichi

Apr 21, 2008, 11:20 PM

Post #18 of 22 (1857 views)
Shortcut

lebih lebih, cannot see cannot smell cannot see ppl eat cannot see ppl smell.... my god. Maybe its only our country is abit extream.

musashi
ALPHA

Apr 22, 2008, 3:18 AM

Post #19 of 22 (1845 views)
Shortcut

Thsoe ppl may be still studyng the old bible...following old ruels. it's time to change. So those who are open minded are ok with dogs. They knew the dog will not simply attack them. But some will scream for help like the've see monster or alien.

I often bring my dog to my office to educate my muslim staff. to let them know how loyal is the dog and how cute they are. So sometimes they touch my dog with a glove..it's ok as long as they are not afraid of dogs.

I told them that Dogs usually can sense if the person are frighten or dislike them. becasuse a human being will have chemical reaction when they are worry or frighten. ( Human heart beat faster nad sweating when tension that the dog can easily feel )

So I did my part of education...

You can bring your dog to my office too. you are alwyas welcome !

Blush I am the man with dog's name

bakamono
Enthusiast

Apr 22, 2008, 4:18 PM

Post #20 of 22 (1831 views)
Shortcut
Re: [musashi] What u say dressed up them n take them out ! [In reply to] Can't Post

Tks Musashi for giving us a tip on how to educate. Just wondering ah.... does Jiro like to lick ppl all over or is it just me kah? Did u notice that Ayako never even like to come near me but Jiro will usually charge to me everytime as if he has seen an ice cream. Have notice this reaction from some of my friends' Pekinese, they jump all over me n start licking but not to those around me. I don't mind it at all and in fact I love it. Just wondering if he goes to your office, does he do it to your muslim staffs as well and what will be their reaction? Sometimes it'll be useful to find out as well.

bakamono
Enthusiast

Apr 22, 2008, 4:37 PM

Post #21 of 22 (1829 views)
Shortcut

Soli lah, Leng Lui n Leng Chai only attracted to the opposite sex now and not to doggies anymore leh. Better keep your hands n mind to your GD n ST as they demand less than human being. Think u shud really train Scooby for obedience show n it will definately be an attraction. The image of having a huge dog obediently taking your command beside you will definately leave a very good image to the crowd and it'll give more confidence to the muslim that dogs no matter how huge they are, are not frightening at all. Just my 2 cents.

musashi
ALPHA

Apr 22, 2008, 7:25 PM

Post #22 of 22 (1817 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bakamono] What u say dressed up them n take them out ! [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, Jiro only do it to those he likes...especially those with many daughters

He is selective and he knew who will mind and who will not mind, I salute his sense

In Ayako's eyes, Jiro is her whole world, I am 2nd..she respect Jiro and never cross the line. She is

such a sweetie to Jiro.But Jiro is always looking for others to kiss.

Blush I am the man with dog's name

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my