Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
Toy Poodle

May
Old Hand

Apr 12, 2002, 11:04 PM

Post #1 of 8 (5924 views)
Shortcut
Toy Poodle Can't Post

Anyone can tell me how much a toy poodle will cost, registered or not registered. Is a white toy poodles cost more than a black/ brown toy poodle?

Derrickok
Novice

Apr 13, 2002, 12:31 AM

Post #2 of 8 (5916 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May] Toy Poodle [In reply to] Can't Post

Be prepared to fork out RM 2,000+ for a toy. There are only 3 to 4 breeders throughout Malaysia who are showing toy poodles. And all the toy are MKA registered. Colour-wise, you don't have really a wide gene pool to select. It is a matter of what is available from the breeders. If the breeder has a pure snow white puppy, he will know how to sell it by weight, most probably RM250/100gm.
If you are thinking of a pedigree toy dog similar in character, size and vitality, why not consider a miniture schnauzer, JRT or even a Foxie. Puppies of these with pedigree is around RM 1,200 to Rm 1,500.

May
Old Hand

Apr 13, 2002, 12:42 AM

Post #3 of 8 (5915 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Derrickok] Toy Poodle [In reply to] Can't Post

This afternoon I went to the pet shop at Petaling St. They sell the toy poodle with brown coat at RM980. Sadly to say they poor pup has some injury (I guess) on the body. The wounds (quite big) even 'bernanah'. They just bathed the pup and didn't notice the wound until I told them.

(This post was edited by May on Apr 13, 2002, 12:54 AM)

Derrickok
Novice

Apr 13, 2002, 12:51 AM

Post #4 of 8 (5914 views)
Shortcut

I think I know which pet shop. There is only one in Petaling Street. called Zoological Suppli............
something something.......... All puppies are placed in glass cages in one shop and the next have birds and what not. Am I correct?
As a friend I advise you stay clear.
That's all I am willing to comment.

May
Old Hand

Apr 13, 2002, 12:58 AM

Post #5 of 8 (5911 views)
Shortcut

I know. Since the shop is near to my office, normally I'll go there to buy toys and treats for my pup. Business quite good cos each time I'm there a puppy deal is closed.

Derrickok
Novice

Apr 13, 2002, 1:05 AM

Post #6 of 8 (5909 views)
Shortcut

suckers are born every second in Malaysia, didn't you know? and there are actually shop owners hiring buyers to buy pups. They wait until there is a crowd then this someone will want to buy a pup. Paid for it and leave, 1/2 hour later, return with the pup and start all over again with the same trick.

May
Old Hand

Apr 13, 2002, 1:10 AM

Post #7 of 8 (5907 views)
Shortcut

I think they are a real buyers. They look so innocent, know nothing about puppy and pay via plastic card. Pity.... A mongrel can even get a buyer to pay at RM350.

josemari
Novice

Apr 13, 2002, 8:26 AM

Post #8 of 8 (5900 views)
Shortcut

my college is quite near 2 that stupid shop, n i always stop n have a look 2 all those poor puppies everytime i have classes.

1 thing 4 sure :
every pup stay more than 1 week in that shop 100% suffer from illness, n the dalmation, bullmastiff n german shepherd suffering some kind of skin problems. although i'm not a vet, but a can see the same infection amongst those pups so i think it's cause by the shop's bad condition.
so never ever get a pup from these irresponsible businessman !!!!!Mad

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my