Hi Everyone!!

skyes89
New User

Apr 11, 2008, 11:11 PM

Post #1 of 9 (1082 views)
Shortcut
Hi Everyone!! Can't Post

Hi everyone!

Am quite new to this puppy.com.my site. Was looking through forums before i bought my furbaby. Bought her from a pet store. She's a toy poodle and am about 7+months old.

Owner / Name of Dog/ Breed/ D.O.B./Colour/Gender/Location

Christina/ Cookie/ Toy Poodle/ 28.08.07/ Cream/ Baby Girl/ KL

Am so excited to be able to start posting about my furbaby. SHe's very mischievious and definitely very Hyperactive! Please give me some time and I will post her picture up. She is so hyper that it's difficult to be able to take a still and good picture! My camera has to be set at Burst Mode ( pictures are taken continuously while pressing on the button ) and the best is picked out! Sigh..

So far, she has not been out often as there is not much restaurants and cafes that is furkid friendly. Me and DreamL6 are BFFs and her Rukia (her Pom) have been to Boathouse and we managed to stumble upon this really cool restaurant in Plaza Damas called Fogal Meat Market Deli and Café. Just search that in the posts and you’ll find some comments about it from DreamL6. We did find some places which are dog-friendly through the forums here so we thought we could contribute too. =)

But I do need some advice on Cookie’s fur. Cookie's fur is in between being straight and curly, wavy I guess. A petshop has advised me to shave her bald so that her poodle curls will show in the new growth as she still has her puppy fur now. My bf and i are skeptical to do so as we love her fur as it is now. Question is, there would be no harm if we do not shave off her puppy fur right? I'm afraid that by not shaving her fur will not be as healthy.. Hope you guys can advise..

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

Apr 11, 2008, 11:22 PM

Post #2 of 9 (1078 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skyes89] Hi Everyone!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there, welcome to the forum,

I have a poodle too, she is 16 mths old already and i think we have shaved her bald twice..groomers will tell u that the more times u shaved ur poodle, the hair will get curlier so it's totally up to u whether u want to shave her or not..dont worry about the hair..their hair will grow back one mar..they will look funny after shaving bald so try not to laugh at them lor..some dogs can get mad at their owners for laughing at their new looks one..

Shaving bald has nothing to do with healthy or not..unless ur puppy hair gets too tangled to even comb then no choice have to shave all botak lor.. Tongue

skyes89
New User

Apr 12, 2008, 2:09 AM

Post #3 of 9 (1063 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessyca_loh] Hi Everyone!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Jessyca

Am just worried about her "bald" stage. Truthfully, if we do decide to shave her bald, i'd find it pretty pitiful. Like so naked.. And i think we kinda like her fur now. It's not very easily tangled and we do brush for her once a day everyday. Wait till i post her pics and then you can see! Smile Am just worried that it might be better to shave her that's all.

I noticed your furkid also similar to mine. She's got like this permanent smile on her face due to the colored fur around mouth. Find it so adorably cute! Even when she's sleeping, it looks like she's smiling all the way..

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

Apr 14, 2008, 7:18 PM

Post #4 of 9 (978 views)
Shortcut

This avatar pic is quite old liao..these days we keep her mouth area there sharp cos it's quite messy and brownish there one..we dare not let her hair grow long around mouth and eyes area..oh she has tear stains too..

u shouldnt worry about her baldness and look pitiful on her lor..u should think as after u shave her she would look more pretty when her hair grows..just like baby..some ppl shave their head bald at least once one..

skyes89
New User

Apr 19, 2008, 9:02 AM

Post #5 of 9 (915 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessyca_loh] Hi Everyone!! [In reply to] Can't Post

FINALLY got a pretty good picture of Ms "Cant-sit-down-even-for-half-a-minute" Cookie dog..Unsure She's actually creamy colored and brownish on the ears and a bit on the head. Groomer said that her new fur might not have the brown spots anymore. Anyways, we thought we'd wait it out a bit before we do shave her. It's just a bit weird when ppl asks what breed she is and when we tell them she's a poodle, no one seems to believe us. Hahahahaha.. Seems her hair is not curly enough. Poor bugger..

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

Apr 19, 2008, 6:46 PM

Post #6 of 9 (895 views)
Shortcut

From ur avatar pic, she looks really white..she does have a bit of Maltese looks in her but dun care la what other ppl think or say as long as u love ur furkid.

Veanne
K9 Maniac

Apr 20, 2008, 12:09 AM

Post #7 of 9 (883 views)
Shortcut

hihi... nice to have you here with us... welcome to our big family... hmm... she does actually look a bit like maltese... anyway... she looks pretty...

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

skyes89
New User

Apr 20, 2008, 7:20 PM

Post #8 of 9 (843 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Veanne] Hi Everyone!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ya!! Thank you for your kind welcome and compliment. SHe's just pretty cuz picture was taken after a trip to the groomers. Any given day, she'll just not let me tie up her fur that way. hahahhahahahha.. She is kinda hyper and thus the ms cant-sit-down for too long. So most days, she's just got this shaggy-look going on. With her semi-curly-wavy-not-so-straight fur and yeah, the tear stains too. She refuses to sit still for us to wipe or even wash it off. SOmehow i draw the line at giving her the stuff to eat to reduce the tears as i dont wanna mess with her system like that. The remover i'm using now, GoldMedal, requires washing out after applying the remover. So, i dont use it too often. I dont know what products they use at the groomers ( which they refuse to let us know! ) but Cookie comes back free of tear stains after her grooming sessions. Can i just ask what you guys use for the tear stains?

Veanne
K9 Maniac

Apr 22, 2008, 2:54 AM

Post #9 of 9 (801 views)
Shortcut

my dog will sit when i command him to sit... but then when i want to wipe his tear stain... he will keep on moving his head to left and right... haih... next time have to train him "don move"... haha...

about the tear stain you can go to the eye care and condition threat under the dog and puppy health sections... you can find the product recommendation from the members which i find not bad also....

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my