Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Friendly Places:
Another makan place, this one has a mini zoo!

DreamL6
Novice

Apr 10, 2008, 6:19 PM

Post #1 of 22 (13752 views)
Shortcut
Another makan place, this one has a mini zoo! Can't Post

Took my baby pom to a steamboat place near Atria last night, its called Damansara Village (more info : www.damansaravillage.blogspot.com/)

and the place allows dogs! not too sure whats the maximum size dog allowed but the staff were very friendly towards Rukia. Two came up to play with her and even the malay lady who was selling Satay at a corner of the place kept looking and smiling at her! Make sure you book ahead cause it was crowded even last night. and very important, pls pls book a private area (just tell the staff you want a "pagoda") because if you are seated in the middle of everything, it will get dangerous for your kids cause of the hot water etc. The only criteria to get this pagoda is that min pax is above 7. There are about 7 or 8 pagodas available and its all lined on the outer rim of the seating area. its all open air and unfortunately quit a bit of mosquitoes, but worth it cause my rukia enjoyed their "mini zoo". they had a snake, a few iguanas, a few giant tortoises and a couple of pigeons and a few bunnies.

The seafood there was really fresh and Rukia was extremely amused when a prawn actually jumped back out from the soup...! we were just in shock cause we didn't expect the prawns to be that fresh! we had the herbal soup that had chinese rice wine mixed into it, they said its their speciality n it was pretty good. we ordered their set cause it was easier and also cheaper per head. I'm not sure if its halal or not but overall, lots of family activities that will keep kids n furkids entertained. if you need the map, pls refer to the link above ya!

oh ya, another thing, my friend asked me if i had a dog license and i said no, he said DBKL can take rukia away if they catch me taking her out and about.... is it true? where to get a license? how much it'll cost? how come petshop n vet never tell me?

Happy mum mum!

myzanordin
ALPHA

Apr 10, 2008, 6:34 PM

Post #2 of 22 (13746 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DreamL6] Another makan place, this one has a mini zoo! [In reply to] Can't Post

wah...yummy yummy dats nice. I love steamboat.Will pay a visit soon..

About the license. Yes, I heard bout it too..Apparently, it was mentioned in the chinese radio channel that if your car is stopped by the Police with a dog and with no license. Denda RM 300 ....I am not so sure whether it has been in practise or not lah...

Where do u live? Applying of license depending on the area also. So, far MBPJ and DBKL is the easiest and fastest. But make sure, address tu bukan apartment/condo address lah....MBPJ needs photo and vaccination list...and then pay RM 20 /per dog for a tag

DBKL dont need anything except money...no pic., no vaccination card....

mum2jude
Enthusiast

Apr 10, 2008, 10:10 PM

Post #3 of 22 (13719 views)
Shortcut
Re: [myzanordin] Another makan place, this one has a mini zoo! [In reply to] Can't Post

I havent gone to get my dogs' license this year yet... Really? MBPJ needs photo of dog? Like passport size studio pix? Tongue
~~~~~~~~~~~
mum2jude
Chewy
Daisy
Ell
Fluffy

myzanordin
ALPHA

Apr 11, 2008, 10:11 PM

Post #4 of 22 (13685 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mum2jude] Another makan place, this one has a mini zoo! [In reply to] Can't Post

I just gave the normal 4R size picture and they accepted it. I found out smething interesting about Majlis Perbandaran Selayang. My partner help to apply the dog license for the brother's dog - Bobby the Beagle.

Majlis Perbandaran Selayang charge RM 50 for annual license fees. Damn expensive man. Plus, they even do rounding and if they see your dog (in house compound, not on the street ya). They will give u summon RM 300 or penjara setahun, That's for not having the license. Hw I know? Cos the brother just gt the summon for keeping Bobby unlicensed...when Bobby stays in the house compound only...

But good news is. Selayang allows dog in town house/flat and condo under their jurisdiction....surprise !! My partner was shocked too ...but of course shiok jugak lah...den when dia tanya kenapa dekat Old Klang Road town house tak bleh (cos we had a fren yng dah kena amaran)..he said..oh tu DBKL. Selayang lain.....yahoooo ! for Selayang ppl ....

Hei could that be the new MP !!

mum2jude
Enthusiast

Apr 11, 2008, 10:38 PM

Post #5 of 22 (13679 views)
Shortcut
Re: [myzanordin] Another makan place, this one has a mini zoo! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow, that sure is expensive but good that they dun limit where u can keep the dog!! Yen showed me a copy of the MPSJ dog by-laws and it states that it's illegal to keep the dog above the ground floor.

So does that mean if MPSJ sees a dog looking at them from the upstairs window of a house, they will fine the owner?? haa haa Frown
~~~~~~~~~~~
mum2jude
Chewy
Daisy
Ell
Fluffy

myzanordin
ALPHA

Apr 11, 2008, 10:48 PM

Post #6 of 22 (13676 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mum2jude] Another makan place, this one has a mini zoo! [In reply to] Can't Post

ha ha...literally it sounded like that...but u knwlah M'sia gomen...very funny la...say lah properly kan .....like MBPJ it indicates in the application form not allowed in any high rise building of 4 floors and above..so does that mean town house can? Town house only 2 floors kan??

One more thing, MBPJ can saman RM 2K for keeping dogs in a condo/apt. But govt. only saman RM 200 for abusing/ killing an animal....so u see lah..u have to pay a very high price to be an animal lover, but if you are cruel ...no need to go jail.... RM 200 lepas dah !!

mum2jude
Enthusiast

Apr 11, 2008, 11:23 PM

Post #7 of 22 (13667 views)
Shortcut

No le... MBPJ by-laws state "tidak melebihi 2 tingkat", so if ur hse got 3 tingkat, dog banned from top floor... Frown

If u abuse/kill animal in condo, u get fined RM2k or just RM200?? Frown Or RM200 is for abusing/killing animals on the ground floor...
~~~~~~~~~~~
mum2jude
Chewy
Daisy
Ell
Fluffy

Veanne
K9 Maniac

Apr 12, 2008, 12:12 AM

Post #8 of 22 (13651 views)
Shortcut

why so funny got this kind of rule wan... if my house got 3 tingkat, then will be banned from top floor...??? then the bottom floor...?? then if my dog go to top floor the government also dunno la... cause its my house ma...??? right...??

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

myzanordin
ALPHA

Apr 12, 2008, 1:09 AM

Post #9 of 22 (13641 views)
Shortcut

Aiyo...pening lor. U shld do this, when u apply for the license. Sure, the officer tak tahan and approve your license without any question. 10 dogs also can, as long as he can get rid of u...

mum2jude
Enthusiast

Apr 12, 2008, 1:46 AM

Post #10 of 22 (13636 views)
Shortcut

This gomen ppl very slow wan... must FrownFrownFrown then only realise they kena Frown

Frown
~~~~~~~~~~~
mum2jude
Chewy
Daisy
Ell
Fluffy

musashi
ALPHA

Apr 14, 2008, 9:19 PM

Post #11 of 22 (13532 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
ha ha...literally it sounded like that...but u knwlah M'sia gomen...very funny la...say lah properly kan .....like MBPJ it indicates in the application form not allowed in any high rise building of 4 floors and above..so does that mean town house can? Town house only 2 floors kan??

One more thing, MBPJ can saman RM 2K for keeping dogs in a condo/apt. But govt. only saman RM 200 for abusing/ killing an animal....so u see lah..u have to pay a very high price to be an animal lover, but if you are cruel ...no need to go jail.... RM 200 lepas dah !!

wah...if like you said, instead of getting the RM2000 fine, I will abuse my dog for the RM200 is better lah...

My aparmtent still stick that big sign & MPPJ pink notice on the notice board to warn the residence..

But the secutiry guards did not say anything as I alwys mentioned of thier job spec is to ensure the safety of the residence and not catch if we have dogs or not..they wave and smile with my dogs so far..

I have yet to get my dogs any licence...will make a trip to DBKL as it is the easiest place.

Blush I am the man with dog's name

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Apr 15, 2008, 6:18 PM

Post #12 of 22 (13501 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DreamL6] Another makan place, this one has a mini zoo! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wah! his place sounds soo cool to go with our furkids... Oh my, poor prawn. It's not dead yet! But that shows how fresh it is...Is the place like a seafood place where you can choose live fishes, prawns, lobsters, etc in the aquariums to cook & eat? If yes, then I think my dogs will enjoy seeing those live creatures swimming about & jumping here & there in the aquariums.

Btw, I also heard from our friend that dogs without license when being brought out in the car & anywhere else, will get in trouble. Good thing my dogs' license are always on when brought out. Aiyah, these people just want excuse to kill dogs & get some free money from the dog's owners.

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 15, 2008, 6:28 PM

Post #13 of 22 (13494 views)
Shortcut

u hv a copy of the mpsj dog by-laws? cool! i sent it to yen for feedback coz a fren is trying to review the by-laws and need input from dog owners... besides the no dogs above grd level law, which i've highlighted myself, any other feedback tat u could provide me with? so as to not further hijack this thread Tongue, u can email me at ai_ney @ 'melpanas'.com... Cool

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

myzanordin
ALPHA

Apr 15, 2008, 10:18 PM

Post #14 of 22 (13479 views)
Shortcut
Re: [musashi] Another makan place, this one has a mini zoo! [In reply to] Can't Post

Musashi,

In our case, our dogs should be fine for abusing the owners .

My stupid apartment also the same lar..they tampal one big notice 'NO PETS ALLOWED RM 2k FINE OR ONE YEAR JAIL..but now, I couldnt care less lah. M moving out already....

But whenever, I drive in and out, Security Guard also dont care but can smile and play with the dogs somemre.....

U c, the Management very busy nak jaga my 'tepi kain', they forgot about the rest of the hazard. Noise pollution, residents screaming at the top of their lungs (most of them are students and in fact, my place is turning into a Hostel soon). Rubbish is thrown from the upper floors. If u are unlucky, in will go into your unit. Few nites ago, they throw cigarette butts. Went into my bedroom adn burnt my kids' bed. Yesterday, chocolate wrapper was threwn inside my hall...thank god, ngam ngam jatuh and I got hold of it..it has some chocolate stain on it...imagine if the kids' get hold of it 1st pengsan.......

Veanne
K9 Maniac

Apr 15, 2008, 11:32 PM

Post #15 of 22 (13469 views)
Shortcut

wa... your apartment so 'happening' oo.. ppl who got heart attack, cannot live there oo...

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

mum2jude
Enthusiast

Apr 16, 2008, 12:58 AM

Post #16 of 22 (13456 views)
Shortcut
Re: [musashi] Another makan place, this one has a mini zoo! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, hopefully DBKL is easier where dog licenses are concerned. I just got back from MBPJ. I should have known better than to trust their website... it's old, it's dated and it's not to be trusted!! So much for e-gomen.

For MBPJ, need to buy application form at RM2/form. Also need copies of vacc cards and a 3R-sized photo of your dog (full body, head and I suppose tail, to be safe!). I just brought smiley face passport sized photos... tak laku... haa haa Thot smiley face Rottie less threatening to them! Tongue

So I have to go back again another day... I cant wait to see all those friendly, helpful and INTELLIGENT faces behind the counters of MBPJ again! Frown Frown Frown
~~~~~~~~~~~
mum2jude
Chewy
Daisy
Ell
Fluffy

rkysoo
Dog Kichi

Jun 4, 2009, 2:53 AM

Post #17 of 22 (11709 views)
Shortcut

just notice ... mpaj by-laws

Tiada lesen dikeluarkan bagi anjing-anjing yang disimpan lebih tinggi daripada tingkat bawah mana-mana bangunan.

magic
Novice

Jun 5, 2009, 9:35 PM

Post #18 of 22 (11684 views)
Shortcut
MPSJ Issuing Dog License for Goodyear Court [In reply to] Can't Post

hey all

i have just seen a dog license for a resident at Goodyear Court 3 issued by mpsj. seems that she can get hers but i have yet to try.

now i am using mpsj license... friend's kampung house, so i apply for 2 dogs oso no problem ;-) its easy, no need photo and doctor card also... that was few years ago la. renew just pay and return the old license tag.

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Jun 6, 2009, 10:58 PM

Post #19 of 22 (11661 views)
Shortcut

nevermine one..i always bring my dog out in car..three times a week somemore..my dog ni license oso..when see police she barks at them..hahah..nevermine one..so far i dun hv any problem bringing her out..go kopitiam/pasar malam/pasar pagi oso i bring her..go malay but they dun care one...some even play with her..heheh

the_sandman
New User

Dec 18, 2009, 11:52 PM

Post #20 of 22 (10986 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
wif your car is stopped by the Police with a dog and with no license. Denda RM 300 ....I am not so sure whether it has been in practise or not lah...

Oh man.....now we cant even carry our own dogs in our own car? wth.....

james70
Novice

Dec 19, 2009, 11:22 PM

Post #21 of 22 (10953 views)
Shortcut
Re: [the_sandman] Another makan place, this one has a mini zoo! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,
Any one can advice n help me?
Where n how do i get the license in JB?
Thanks

Knotidoc
Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2009, 1:21 AM

Post #22 of 22 (10948 views)
Shortcut
Re: [james70] Another makan place, this one has a mini zoo! [In reply to] Can't Post

Opinion expressed may appear unorthodox & unconventional, sometimes even controversial but facts given are assured of their accuracy.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my