Home: Breed Specific: Toy Group:
Pomeranian with no undercoat?

DreamL6
Novice

Apr 10, 2008, 2:49 AM

Post #1 of 4 (2060 views)
Shortcut
Pomeranian with no undercoat? Can't Post

I found my baby Rukia when she was 6 months old at the pet shop, when i saw her, she looked so kesian cause her fur were sort of patchy n messy. The people there said she passed her "cute" fur ball period already and is a bit hard to sell n were willing to throw in extra stuff if i wanted her. She melted my heart with her big big eyes so i took her home. my bf n i love her so much but yesterday, when i took her out to buy supplies, a lady from another pet shop told me its wierd that my pom has no undercoat and commented that its unlikely she will grow more hair and another customer who said she also has a 12 yr old pom said my pom looked like a furry chihuahua....... what does that mean? how to tell what is undercoat? her fur is nice n soft now, and she's not a fur ball yet, but i thought its cause she is still young? pls advise.... TQ

tonychang
Dog Kichi

Apr 10, 2008, 11:17 PM

Post #2 of 4 (2015 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DreamL6] Pomeranian with no undercoat? [In reply to] Can't Post

Please post photo for your puppy to share ... Very difficult to tell without photos.

BTW there are different grade of pomeranian ( for show / for breeding or for pet) and the price are a lot different too ..

For more info about POM i think you can find some photo here or surf the net ... cheers have a nice day .

DreamL6
Novice

Apr 11, 2008, 2:31 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1993 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tonychang] Pomeranian with no undercoat? [In reply to] Can't Post

She is pet quality, not show quality and attached her pics. pls advise
Attachments: blur.jpg (19.1 KB)
  Smile.jpg (20.5 KB)
  on bed.jpg (20.8 KB)

tonychang
Dog Kichi

Apr 11, 2008, 8:30 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1984 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DreamL6] Pomeranian with no undercoat? [In reply to] Can't Post

do you have a side view standing photo ?

some "pomeranian" do look like "german spitz" or "long coat chihuahua".

inner coat normally soft and very high density. you can just goto google search for the dog image.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my