Home: Members' Area: Members' Introduction:
Hi

ViviCheng
Novice

Apr 8, 2008, 11:49 PM

Post #1 of 20 (2102 views)
Shortcut
Hi Can't Post

Just want to say hello to every one, I a new one in this forum. hope can share all of yours experience to take care about the dog.

Thanks.........Smile

mum2jude
Enthusiast

Apr 9, 2008, 12:47 AM

Post #2 of 20 (2097 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ViviCheng] Hi [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, Vivi... what dog(s) do u have? Smile
~~~~~~~~~~~
mum2jude
Chewy
Daisy
Ell
Fluffy

ViviCheng
Novice

Apr 9, 2008, 1:48 AM

Post #3 of 20 (2095 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mum2jude] Hi [In reply to] Can't Post

I have one sze tzu. and you?
Where you live?

mum2jude
Enthusiast

Apr 9, 2008, 4:09 PM

Post #4 of 20 (2081 views)
Shortcut

I have two mongrels, one Dalmatian-tramp mixed breed and one Rottweiler.

I live in PJ. Where do you live? Smile
~~~~~~~~~~~
mum2jude
Chewy
Daisy
Ell
Fluffy

ViviCheng
Novice

Apr 10, 2008, 12:18 AM

Post #5 of 20 (2064 views)
Shortcut

I live in Ipoh. My doggies is so naughty and normaly Its don listen on me, just listen on my mum. May be my mum companion it more than me......

Veanne
K9 Maniac

Apr 10, 2008, 1:20 AM

Post #6 of 20 (2057 views)
Shortcut

hihi vivi... welcome to puppy.com... nice to have you here...

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

mum2jude
Enthusiast

Apr 10, 2008, 6:30 PM

Post #7 of 20 (2013 views)
Shortcut

haa haa... to them, your mum is the alpha. You're just their friend... dogs very smart. Wink
~~~~~~~~~~~
mum2jude
Chewy
Daisy
Ell
Fluffy

ViviCheng
Novice

Apr 10, 2008, 10:50 PM

Post #8 of 20 (1999 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Veanne] Hi [In reply to] Can't Post

nice to meet you too........
where you live?

ViviCheng
Novice

Apr 10, 2008, 10:52 PM

Post #9 of 20 (1997 views)
Shortcut

Yup! Because I'm not whole day at home, so Its like my mum more than me............Frown

Veanne
K9 Maniac

Apr 11, 2008, 12:34 AM

Post #10 of 20 (1982 views)
Shortcut

hihi... im from sitiawan,perak... but currently in kl for my studies... which part of ipoh are you staying now...?

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

chrislimyy
K9 Kaki

Apr 13, 2008, 1:59 AM

Post #11 of 20 (1875 views)
Shortcut

hi there...please do let us know if u need any advice on how to handle your doggie ya...Smile

ViviCheng
Novice

Apr 13, 2008, 7:45 PM

Post #12 of 20 (1846 views)
Shortcut

actually I live at kampar, which part are very nearly the Ipoh. you know where is kampar?

Veanne
K9 Maniac

Apr 13, 2008, 8:44 PM

Post #13 of 20 (1843 views)
Shortcut

omg... you're from kampar...??? i stay in kampar for 2 years already... haha... i grad my diploma level in kampar... tunku abdul rahman college... haha...

where you live...??? bandar baru...? or in town...?

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

ViviCheng
Novice

Apr 22, 2008, 7:31 AM

Post #14 of 20 (1717 views)
Shortcut

I live at taman sentosa. u work at kl now?

Veanne
K9 Maniac

Apr 22, 2008, 8:29 AM

Post #15 of 20 (1714 views)
Shortcut

oh... i see... yeap, im in kl now... but not working... still studying for my adv dip... hehe...

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

Pommymom
Novice

Apr 23, 2008, 2:34 AM

Post #16 of 20 (1695 views)
Shortcut

Hi Vivi,

Nice to meet you too. I have 2 Pomeranians...they are very spoilt and naughty too. Small dogs is very smart when come to house rules and boundary, they know very well the person who will pamper them and also the one who have stricter control over them. For example, my Poms will only go to my aunty's lap to beg for food...and not mine. After food is eaten, they will betray her and follow me...Laugh

kitten_penang

Apr 23, 2008, 2:58 AM

Post #17 of 20 (1694 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Pommymom] Hi [In reply to] Can't Post

hey u have poms ah i love the breed always wanted to have 1 but the pricing very high 3k plus for 1 pup plus I'm afraid i get 1 thats from thailand.they said that the vaccination we had here will be useless against the strains of viruses the have in thailand.do tell me if ur doggies have babbies.if the pricing is ok and u consider selling them to me do let me know when the time comes.this is a picture of the 1st two poms that were from thailand the male cost 3k the female cost 3.2k coz the size was smaller .hmm.. can't upload the phothos here.sory

Pommymom
Novice

Apr 23, 2008, 8:46 PM

Post #18 of 20 (1671 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitten_penang] Hi [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Kitten,

I never heard about Thailand puppy strain different from our vaccination here...is that true?Shocked If the puppy really have special strains on parvovirus or distemper etc, then our veterinary department would have ban the import of these puppies right? I suggest you check with a knowlegeable vet to confirm if it is true or not. My Pomeranians are from US. I brought them back together when I return to Malaysia in 2004. The vaccinations were the same as in Malaysia, even with the same brand. They are also rabies and kennel cough vaccinated which is required over there...but in Msia, we save the trouble as it is not compulsory here. Previously I have been helping my friend selling Poms puppies in the States for few years as a hobby, this is my website http://www.geocities.com/honeybearpomeranians

Unfortunately, since I return I never restart the business. Both my Pom pets are males. Sly One of them is 2 KG and another one 7 KG. Both of them is orange in color. I suggest you dont get it from Thailand if you are unclear about the parentage of the pup unless he/she is a reputable breeder, then you can pay that much of money for a Pom pup. Poms are susceptible to a few genetic defects which will only show when they are 1 yr old or earlier and its quite common. For example, collapsing trachea, patelar luxation and alopecia. My 7 KG Pom has collapsing trachea which is a genetic defect and occur when he was 2, now at 7 yrs, the problem gradual to asthmatic symtoms, he is on medications to help avoid attacks. Thankfully, my smaller Pom who is 11 yrs old now, have no problem after complete blood test.

If you really want to get a nice pet Pom, try to get it locally in Malaysia unless you are very sure with the oversea breeders, this way you can easily contact them if there is any problems. Try look for those who offer 1 year guarantee on genetic defects. I see some of the breeders do offer it. I think you might be able to get a nice, healthy Pom with less than 3K from my experience when i was browsing at pet shops. They run from 1600- 5000 depending on quality and color.However, you wont be able to see the parents of the puppy if you buy at pet shop, the seller will show you the certification though. If you are lucky, they will be able to show you their photos. Similarly you can also visit breeders and see their breeding stocks and kennel but i never been to one here yet, I think if you inform them what quality you looking for, they will be able to price reasonably. For size, you can have a better assumption by looking at the parents' size.

kitten_penang

Apr 23, 2008, 10:18 PM

Post #19 of 20 (1665 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Pommymom] Hi [In reply to] Can't Post

actually i don't particulaly trust kennels as i've had a bad experience with 1 before it's in ipoh.bought a aust.silky sky blue colour for my mom waited for a cert that couldn't come due to problems with the parents MKA certs.a lot of bogus cert around plus the puppy suffered kidney failure nearly died and treatment cost thoudsand plus or more.until now still on kidnney meds.rm 100 plus for 20 tablets.i prefer to find dogs from family homes of people i know or i think can be trusted it's better for me and the dog.

Pommymom
Novice

Apr 23, 2008, 10:41 PM

Post #20 of 20 (1660 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitten_penang] Hi [In reply to] Can't Post

HI Kitten,

I have also gone thru same experience with you.Pirate I bought a GSD puppy from a breeder and it is not a healthy one. It has Giardia infection and loose stool the first day I got her. And now she's gone due to parvovirus as well.

Well, I just guess we have to take some risk ,otherwise, visit the kennel a few times before buying.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my