First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

mcmercedez
Dog Kichi

Apr 3, 2008, 10:59 PM

Post #1 of 45 (4216 views)
Shortcut
Food for Furkid Can't Post

Hi all,

Would like to check with you all on the food for your furkid.. Planning to get a Golden but dunno which brand of food is good for the dog.. Hehe.. Would like to get some recommendation from you all here.. Kinna confuse coz there are so many brands on the rack and each one is claiming their's the best one.. hehe..

How about titbits? Any brand can recommend? Cool

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 3, 2008, 11:05 PM

Post #2 of 45 (4208 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mcmercedez] Food for Furkid [In reply to] Can't Post

hi, a lot abt doggie food have been discussed under 'Nutrition and Diet'... try to search there for some info... Smile

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

mcmercedez
Dog Kichi

Apr 3, 2008, 11:06 PM

Post #3 of 45 (4206 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] Food for Furkid [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there ai_ney.. Thanks for the information.. will check it out at the thread..

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Apr 3, 2008, 11:50 PM

Post #4 of 45 (4188 views)
Shortcut

Bro,

Long time didn't catch up.........Have you moved in to your new house?

I'm about to get my house key, probably another two weeks. Then maybe another month for renovation before I can bring the GD - Scooby to a bigger compound. He has been very active and playful now. Bigger area will be good for him.

Have you got your GR puppy?

Cheers!

mcmercedez
Dog Kichi

Apr 4, 2008, 12:50 AM

Post #5 of 45 (4178 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JS Lew] Food for Furkid [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there mate... How have you been?

Sorry that did not log in often... Been quite busy for the past 2 months.. Travel a lot to other states for work.. hehe..Cool

No ler.. I'm still waiting for the VP to the house.. Been visiting to the site.. Everything looks ok but still no sign of VP yet.. hehe.. Anyway, I have not gotten the puppy yet.. Now need to find out more info on the food for the dog.. Make early preparations.. hehe.. Very excited..

Good to hear that you're about to get the keys to the house ler.. Congrats to you.. True ler.. GD need a lot of space to exercise.. Heheh.. Puppy mah.. sure playful one.. but i think you need to train him when he overdo certain things that annoy you though.. If not when they grow up already then hard to teach liao.. hehe..

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Apr 4, 2008, 10:32 PM

Post #6 of 45 (4114 views)
Shortcut

Hi Bro,

I also long time never log on - same reason, have been busy. My traveling schedule is bad - went to S. Africa, Sweden, Bangkok, Shanghai......next week Seoul, then China again, then India............ Life is tough I guess Frown

I mentioned before that the GD I adopted is an adult - now coming to 4 years. GD always behave like a small child. They think themself is very small (in terms of age and even size!!). They like to play with small dogs and cats, don't like medium or large dogs.......Very manja as well. Scooby also like to squeeze himself in a small sofa when there are big sofas around..........really cannot tahan him sometimes Crazy

Scooby is ok most of the time but not ok when he sees small dogs or cats. He will run with his whole body strength to the object. We will be pulled and dragged by him for he is so big and strong. He has gained few kgs and became much stronger since he's with us........... It's hard for us to control him when he gets excited........ We have tried few methods but none seems work on him.

I have ordered pinch collar from US company and I'm going to try on him (just got it today). Hopefully it works. It's for Scooby's sake..........we couldn't bring him out for long walk/jog now as he ran off few times and scared people off....... Until we find a way to make sure he listen and behave, or else we can only walk him nearby and for a very short period before things go out of control.

Just cross my fingers......

mcmercedez
Dog Kichi

Apr 8, 2008, 8:13 PM

Post #7 of 45 (4033 views)
Shortcut

I saw on the Oprah show last 2 weeks about dog training though.. It's all about the behaviour of the dog ler.. Maybe you would want to get the book by Tanya something.. Can't remember her name though.. hehe.. Her book is about how to control dog's behaviour.. hehe.. Cool

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Apr 8, 2008, 9:55 PM

Post #8 of 45 (4022 views)
Shortcut

Thanks.

I have posted some Scooby's photos under "working group"

mcmercedez
Dog Kichi

Apr 8, 2008, 11:21 PM

Post #9 of 45 (4015 views)
Shortcut

Cool.. Will check it out..

musashi
ALPHA

Apr 10, 2008, 2:01 AM

Post #10 of 45 (3961 views)
Shortcut

Hithere,

are you ready to take your GDto join us at Bukit Gasing trekking ?

we will let out furkids run freely at the stream insied the jungle.

Hope to you soon !

Blush I am the man with dog's name

mum2jude
Enthusiast

Apr 11, 2008, 12:23 AM

Post #11 of 45 (3933 views)
Shortcut
Re: [musashi] Food for Furkid [In reply to] Can't Post

Can just imagine Scooby pulling JS up and down the trails...!!

Hope Scooby just stick to the trails and not decide to go 'off-road'! Tongue
~~~~~~~~~~~
mum2jude
Chewy
Daisy
Ell
Fluffy

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 11, 2008, 1:34 AM

Post #12 of 45 (3923 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mum2jude] Food for Furkid [In reply to] Can't Post

maybe he will take his future beagle go..hahha.. anyway he will take his future beagle home this weekend to try out..

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

mum2jude
Enthusiast

Apr 11, 2008, 1:41 AM

Post #13 of 45 (3920 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] Food for Furkid [In reply to] Can't Post

YAY!!!!!!! Frown

Manny found a home... I hope! He'll be so so so happy... I'll go home and tell him the good news!!! SmileSmileSmile
~~~~~~~~~~~
mum2jude
Chewy
Daisy
Ell
Fluffy

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Apr 14, 2008, 7:56 PM

Post #14 of 45 (3846 views)
Shortcut

Wanted to take him but a bit hesitate lah........He likes small dogs......don't know what he's going to do to your furkids leh. He won't hurt small dogs but he likes play with them. With his giant size, you can imagine how these small dogs will react Pirate

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Apr 14, 2008, 8:03 PM

Post #15 of 45 (3844 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mum2jude] Food for Furkid [In reply to] Can't Post

Frown So sorry to disappoint you & Yen......... I like Manny a lot but my cousin (who will be the actual person taking care of the dogs as I'm traveling most of the time) thinks he couldn't handle 3 dogs well............Scooby is already handy, and Manny is so so active.........both together can drive him nuts Pirate

But heard from Yen that someone brought him back to try out yesterday. Sincerely hope that he finds a good home.

mum2jude
Enthusiast

Apr 14, 2008, 8:43 PM

Post #16 of 45 (3834 views)
Shortcut

Yeah, heard from Yen yesterday that u decided not to adopt Manny. I do also hope that he's found a good home now. He was actually not much of a handful at my home. Just that I already have 4 dogs of my own and I've a personal preference for female dogs. My alpha Daisy kept him in place very nicely for me... Tongue

Thanks for giving him a chance, anyhoo!
~~~~~~~~~~~
mum2jude
Chewy
Daisy
Ell
Fluffy

musashi
ALPHA

Apr 14, 2008, 8:53 PM

Post #17 of 45 (3832 views)
Shortcut

Well, you won't know unless you try out.

We used to have 2 beautiful GD for trekkng and they have been absent for long time already.

They might get excited in the first round, once get to knwo each other, they will calm doen and play as usual.

Dont' under estiamte small dog, they might be the alpha and bully your BIG GD

Blush I am the man with dog's name

mum2jude
Enthusiast

Apr 14, 2008, 11:43 PM

Post #18 of 45 (3821 views)
Shortcut

yeah, my Daisy is so much bigger than Jiro and she's petrified of him... Frown
~~~~~~~~~~~
mum2jude
Chewy
Daisy
Ell
Fluffy

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Apr 15, 2008, 1:55 AM

Post #19 of 45 (3807 views)
Shortcut

Sounds like you know GD real well. Yes, Scooby gets excited first few times he sees small dogs. Once he's get used to it, he bo chap liao Laugh

In fact he's very timid and corward......if a small dog is aggressive, he will be frightened and panic Pirate

Unlike the shih tzu I have, she can challenge any big dogs any time. And she really bites other dogs. Big dogs also have to "give face" to her....

Maybe I will bring the shih tzu to protect the GD lah

mcmercedez
Dog Kichi

Apr 22, 2008, 12:17 AM

Post #20 of 45 (3658 views)
Shortcut

Brother,

Have seen scooby's picture.. He's a nice kiddo.. hehe.. Hm.. Wonder will it make me change my choice to GD now.. haha..

Anyway, woulld like to check with you whether do you happens to know any disti for dog food like Bil-Jac and Eagle Pack? Heard they are quite a good brand of food ler..

labradorfan

May 5, 2008, 11:00 PM

Post #21 of 45 (3470 views)
Shortcut

hi there.my ben is on bil-jac puppy food.my breeder fed him with that.he's now 3 months old and when i'll be collecting him this end of the month,i would be switching his food to something else but still wondering what is the best choice.bil-jac is good but it contained by-products which is not good for dogs and has BHA preservative which is known to have caused cancer.thus,i would wanna change to a food that doesn't contain BHA,synthetic vitamins,corn,corn gluten meal,by products etc. so far,canidae ALS is the best choice but there's none selling in BM,Penang.only in PG island.sob sob...
here is the link that ingredients that should be avoided.
www.dogfoodproject.com/index.php?page=badingredients

hope it helps.

mcmercedez
Dog Kichi

May 6, 2008, 11:59 PM

Post #22 of 45 (3283 views)
Shortcut
Re: [labradorfan] Food for Furkid [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there mate.. Another option that you can look into is Blackwood or Regal.. Both of these does not contain by-product and corn.. I heard there's a brand called Natural Balance and read about their ingredients.. Its a good food.. maybe you want to consider that..

labradorfan

May 7, 2008, 7:27 AM

Post #23 of 45 (3258 views)
Shortcut

thank u for the suggestion.i'll try and see.i found Innova online too...ingredients also ok...i need check out the price first though

mcmercedez
Dog Kichi

May 7, 2008, 5:26 PM

Post #24 of 45 (3196 views)
Shortcut
Re: [labradorfan] Food for Furkid [In reply to] Can't Post

No problem.. Anytime.. hehe.. Cool

mcmercedez
Dog Kichi

May 21, 2008, 6:14 PM

Post #25 of 45 (2819 views)
Shortcut

Dude.. How have you been doing? I've seen that you have a new picture on the icon.. New doggy?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my