Searching for a Home Breeder name Sally who lives in Puchong

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

janthk
Canine Addict

Apr 2, 2008, 12:41 AM

Post #1 of 51 (2960 views)
Shortcut
Searching for a Home Breeder name Sally who lives in Puchong Can't Post

Hi! I am searching for a home breeder. Her name is Sally (If I remember correctly) and she stays somewhere in Puchong. I bought my Scruffy (Cocker Spaniel mix Min. Schnauzer) from her. I have lost her telephone number and cant remember exactly where her house is anymore. Aside from min schnauzer and cockers, I think she has a bulldog as well.

I am searching for this lady as I would like to share Scruffy's progress with her. I would like to show her what a beautiful intelligent boy Scruffy has grown to be. She was very interested in how Scruffy looks and turned out at first as this is the first cocker schnauzer mix she had. Scruffy is now 3 and has progressed far from when I first got him. He is very good with tricks and is both proficient in agility and OB. Scruffy is all black with macho white spot on his chest. Wink The day I took Scruffy home, there was another black male puppy who was Scruffy's brother left. I would also like to see how Scruffy's brother has progressed if it was not sold.

So Sally or anyone who knows Sally who might be reading this message, please email me at janthkat .com.

Thanks.

bakamono
Enthusiast

Apr 2, 2008, 12:52 AM

Post #2 of 51 (2954 views)
Shortcut
Re: [janthk] Searching for a Home Breeder name Sally who lives in Puchong [In reply to] Can't Post

Got my Lab n ECS from a Mrs Chua frm Puchong. She was also trying to sell me her bulldog (bitch) when I first met her. Nice lady wz some nice dogs. Her no. is 016-2177218 not sure if she's the same person or not but u can try calling her up and see.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 2, 2008, 1:20 AM

Post #3 of 51 (2949 views)
Shortcut
Re: [janthk] Searching for a Home Breeder name Sally who lives in Puchong [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes i agree that Scruffy has really grown a lot, He is so smart now. Congratulations to you and Scruffy for winning the champion price in the Novice category. Scruffy performed real well.

Anyways have no news on this lady will ask around and see..

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

janthk
Canine Addict

Apr 2, 2008, 2:19 AM

Post #4 of 51 (2940 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bakamono] Searching for a Home Breeder name Sally who lives in Puchong [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Babakamono,

Thanks for the update. I shall try to call and see if she is the one.

By the way, my email address got butchered there. It is janthkatg.m.a.i.l.c.o.m. Thanks.

Dear Yean,

Thanks for the compliment. Scruffy still has a long way to go actually. I was just lucky that he was in a good mood the other day at MidValley, that's why he performed well. I cant wait till the day he can do open class for OB. Wink

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Apr 2, 2008, 10:15 AM

Post #5 of 51 (2904 views)
Shortcut

Scruffy did super well & was so impressed by his heeling exercises especially! From a grouchy sad dog to a happy dog who's willing to please you that day... When will Amber stop acting stupid in the ring? She really made people laugh that day.

Don't know this Sally lady wor... Thinking of starting a new breed called Cockzer? Hehehehe! Maybe you should coz Scruffy proved to everyone that his breed has the potential to do many things no matter what they are. And Scruff Scruff's looks is quite cute eventhough he's all black. Does Scruffy Tan Ah Fee's brother look exactly like him too?

(This post was edited by Amber.Faith on Apr 2, 2008, 10:18 AM)

myzanordin
ALPHA

Apr 2, 2008, 5:26 PM

Post #6 of 51 (2863 views)
Shortcut

Hei Janice,

Congrats again ! Forgot to tel u, I saw a Cockzer a few weeks back at the Training Ground. Exactly like Scruffy...but still a puppy. Owner -Mat Salleh lady...I think SauFan did say hello to that lady (if nt mistaken lar)....

janthk
Canine Addict

Apr 2, 2008, 6:01 PM

Post #7 of 51 (2853 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amber.Faith] Searching for a Home Breeder name Sally who lives in Puchong [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Mel,

Thanks for the compliment. Scruffy was never sad though. He is just dominant and has a mind of his own. He is just more controlled now. Chanelling his energy the right way I would say. Wink But he has always been a good boy and I love him loads.

Amber was good in most of the exercised. I love the distance control. She is really good. I think you only have problems with the jump exercises. Could it be that her hips is giving her problems? Maybe she is in pain? Dont know just an observation.

Yeah I would love to start a new breed. :P:P Scruffy's brother is all black as well. But I dont know what he looks like now. That's what I wanna find out and that's why I am looking for the breeder again.

janthk
Canine Addict

Apr 2, 2008, 6:03 PM

Post #8 of 51 (2852 views)
Shortcut
Re: [myzanordin] Searching for a Home Breeder name Sally who lives in Puchong [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Myza,

Yeah I know the dog you are talking about. But that is not a cockzer. It is a giant Schnauzer. The dog's name is Candy. She will grow up to be like 5 times Scruffy's size!! LOL!!

Thanks for the congratulatory message. :)

myzanordin
ALPHA

Apr 2, 2008, 6:23 PM

Post #9 of 51 (2848 views)
Shortcut

Phewww...lousy me..he he he

Amanda85
Doggyman

Apr 2, 2008, 7:51 PM

Post #10 of 51 (2832 views)
Shortcut

oh, u guys can talking about candy, isn't it? i thought dorothy stop bringing her dogs to training already...

yeah...candy looks like scruffy, didn't she? should get a pic of them together b4 the girl grows big...

janice, u shld give urself a pat for all your hardwork, dedication and commitment too.... we know ginger will achieve what scruffy manage to do very soon...

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

janthk
Canine Addict

Apr 2, 2008, 9:33 PM

Post #11 of 51 (2811 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Searching for a Home Breeder name Sally who lives in Puchong [In reply to] Can't Post

I tried to take a picture of Scruffy and Candy a few weeks ago when we go Jungle trackking. But unfortunately Rocky's camera ran out of batteries. Sigh! He tried with his phone camera but the two of them too black. Hehehe!!! So the picture came out with just a blur. Will try again may this Sunday. I will bring camera.

Hmmm.... Ginger still has a long way to go. She cant even stand properly without fidgeting yet. Sigh! During the Pre-novice OB trials, she lost alot of points for heeling cause she sat instead of standing. End up with 94 points only. But I am not giving up on her lah. Will continue training her and hopefully someday she will be able to do it.

Pacco has also improved alot. Congratulations on winning the basic jumper. Pacco really showed her stuff that day. She was damn fast like lighting man. You have done a fantastic job with Pacco too. Hopefully she performs just as well in Penang. Wink

Amanda85
Doggyman

Apr 2, 2008, 9:57 PM

Post #12 of 51 (2797 views)
Shortcut

LoL...she's fidgeting becoz she's too excited with the ball u r holding...is good for her to be so enthusiastic...

wow! pre-novice is so competitive....94 points!! i wonder did the 1st place dog get 99%

recently pacco did that auto-sit when i halt too....difficult to cue her stand before her bum hit the ground... now we are drilling for 'stay', hopefully we can join the upcoming ob trial....

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

janthk
Canine Addict

Apr 2, 2008, 10:50 PM

Post #13 of 51 (2783 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Searching for a Home Breeder name Sally who lives in Puchong [In reply to] Can't Post

I wasn't holding a ball in the OB ring what. I was talking about stand for OB not agility. Smile

The first place winner got 97 points.

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Apr 2, 2008, 11:23 PM

Post #14 of 51 (2768 views)
Shortcut

Ooops! I mean he's sad when he's with "someone" who always handle him, hahaha! You know who I'm talking about right?

Neh lah! Her distance control like rubbish. Had to repeat her sit & down commands twice. She was looking at something on the right of her. But luckily she stand with just one command but she still moved forward when she was not supposed to. Both front feet must be firmly planted to the ground. Just like Dar the Border Collie did. He did very well but can you believe it, he got zero for his heeling exercise for Open class! Wow, how did he manage to get zero???

Thanks for the compliment too. I need a very good trainer to help me to get Amber to do her OB well again like before. She's taking advantage of me becoz I've been very nice to her. Nope, it's not her hips. The reason why she didn't jump over the hurdle to retrieve was becoz she has never jumped over that hurdle before. The whole part is covered & she doesn't know what's on the other side. When I train her using the normal Agility hurdle no matter how high I put it, she will jump over it & retrieve her dumbbell with perfection.

For the broad jump, she has never jumped over that jump before. I've been training her to jump over the Agility hurdle all this while which is the wrong one. So, that's why she walked through it lor...Hahahaha! Very funny lah. Already saw the video of her acting like a clown in her blog already? Too funny.

To start a new breed, I think you need about a few years to keep breeding & maintaining the Cockzer breed before it can be named a new breed & be put in the dog breed list. I think so lah...

janthk
Canine Addict

Apr 3, 2008, 12:52 AM

Post #15 of 51 (2750 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amber.Faith] Searching for a Home Breeder name Sally who lives in Puchong [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah lah. I know the process to register a breed. But I dont have another cockzer to breed with. Tongue

For the broad jump, you can go to a carpenter and get him to do it for you lah. Need to practice with the real thing or else kenot wor.

I saw the video. Not so funny lah. Pity the poor girl cause she does not know what to do leh. Get the equipment and train and I am sure she will be perfect. Her heeling is also very good. Faith's heeling is good too.

Amanda85
Doggyman

Apr 3, 2008, 6:17 PM

Post #16 of 51 (2692 views)
Shortcut

hahah.... if we want to practise everything with the real thing, then our house will be full of equipment....like garage...

luckily now only got mka, pet-n-you and paapp that offer ob trial....if got a few more body, then even more different equipment...

juz get something similar then is good enough...

i think puppy.com agility equipment had the same broad jump that was being use last week...

Pacco de Mongrel

janthk
Canine Addict

Apr 3, 2008, 8:54 PM

Post #17 of 51 (2657 views)
Shortcut

Actually I think you need to have something close to the real equipment or the real equipment to practice. Amber was having problems with the jumps because she has never done a high jump which is covered. Mellisa has been practicing with her using the PVC pipe jumps.

Maybe it is not so critical in agility. In OB precision is everything. So practicing with something close to the real equipment is important. Even the environment is important. Venus vered to her left the other day (During the retrieve dumbell on flat exercise) and sat crooked because the crowd cheered on her right.

I read from some OB book the other day. It says it is also important to practice the down and sit in all kind of different surface like grass, cement, tiles, carpet etc. Sometimes, if a dog is not used to or does not like a particular surface, it might not want to down or sit. Then points will be deducted.

Also important to proof all exercises. Like what Scruffy did the other day during pre-novice. Haiyoh! I wanna pengsan dee. He anticipated my finish during the recall exercise. I lost 4 points because of that and lost the placing. Sigh! Now learnt my lesson dee. Gonna proof him. I was so surprised because he has never anticipated my finished before but he did it just as well during the trials.

Amanda85
Doggyman

Apr 3, 2008, 10:39 PM

Post #18 of 51 (2643 views)
Shortcut

yeah, i alwiz ask pacco to 'down' on wet grass, cause previously kinki will never ever 'sit' on wet surface....so i used to to spray the floor and grass to wet it juz for the purpose of practising it, she hates getting wet..... atleast now she can do it, if she know reward is there..be it toy or treats..

talking about crowd, u shld have seen wat happen to her during the petster launch...she walk with her leg lowered down and tailed tucked under.... and she can't even recognize her own name when i call her...

n last week, when the starting line was so near the crowd, i'm so scare she decide to zoom off....fortunately luck was on my side that day and she's really fascinated with her toy...

anticipating finish got 4 pts deduction?! wow...that's alot...how 2 proof that?... wanna get someone shout 'finish' and see whether will he move?

Pacco de Mongrel

(This post was edited by Amanda85 on Apr 3, 2008, 10:41 PM)

janthk
Canine Addict

Apr 3, 2008, 10:53 PM

Post #19 of 51 (2637 views)
Shortcut

There are a few ways to proof the finish.

1) To get someone else to say finish. THe dog should recognise our voice and not move if someone else says it.

2) Handler should be able to move hands and body around freely without the dog anticipating the finish. So if the dog anticipate, correct it.

3) Have someone tempt the dog with food or toy when you say finish and see if your dog will still do it.

4) Break the come exercise and finish exercise into two. Practice asking the dog to come first then wait 1 min before doing the finish. Soon the dog will get the idea that it is to come first and sit till you give the finish command.

5) Stand close to an obsticle or wall then ask your dog to finish. No matter what, he should still be able to come and end up finish by your side.

Hope this helps. Happy training! ;)

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Apr 7, 2008, 11:07 AM

Post #20 of 51 (2432 views)
Shortcut

Nice seeing you again today! Hope to see you in Ampang next week...Nice place, secured but small dogs like Chihuahuas can squeeze out the gap of the fenced gate lah, haha! The Agility equipment has been spread out & Amber did the whole course (with correct height hurdles for her height) very well! I'm running so much more & so is Amber when the course is spread out. Very nice feeling! You should try...

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Apr 7, 2008, 1:58 PM

Post #21 of 51 (2419 views)
Shortcut

Hi guys...sorry to hijack this thread....but...

Amanda,
When is the auto-sit not allowed? Is this during heeling?
So if you halt, the dog is supposed to stand..and then on your command only sit?

Sorry for so many questions... Blush I'm not very familiar with the OB routines.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

Amanda85
Doggyman

Apr 7, 2008, 6:06 PM

Post #22 of 51 (2389 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Searching for a Home Breeder name Sally who lives in Puchong [In reply to] Can't Post

during the heeling routine, there will be 2 command...one is 'halt', which means your dog stop and sit, another is 'stand your dog', your dog stop and stand....

the dog can do auto-sit when 'halt'..... and that shld be encourage...

but during 'stand your dog' exercise, pacco already 'sit' before i ask her to 'stand'..... so that's a fault

Pacco de Mongrel

(This post was edited by Amanda85 on Apr 7, 2008, 6:09 PM)

janthk
Canine Addict

Apr 7, 2008, 6:12 PM

Post #23 of 51 (2386 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Searching for a Home Breeder name Sally who lives in Puchong [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there,

The autosit is actually what the trainers train towards. In trials, the handler is not allowed to say sit. The dog must automatically sit. So in answer to your question, strive towards an auto sit with your dog. Not there is also the stand and down exercise during heeling. The dog follows your left leg. So when you want your dog to sit, when you pull your left leg parallel to your right, your dog should automatically sit. However, when doing the stand or down, you should issue the command when your right leg hits the floor, so by the time you pull your left leg parallel with your right leg, your dog would either stand or down depending on your command. Hope my description is clear.

Happy Training.

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Apr 7, 2008, 6:28 PM

Post #24 of 51 (2381 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85,janthk] Searching for a Home Breeder name Sally who lives in Puchong [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for clearing up my confusion Smile

That's what I had thought originally...till Amanda made that post...so it confused me abit.Tongue

The description's nice and clear...thank you Smile

Would it be a fault if I'm to give no command for the halt exercise? I just stop walking/heeling and the dog just auto-sits w/o command?
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

Amanda85
Doggyman

Apr 7, 2008, 6:32 PM

Post #25 of 51 (2376 views)
Shortcut

i think janice had help to explain on this....

yeah, auto-sit is the way to do the heelwork...but not 'auto-sit' when the dog suppose to be 'stand' or 'down'....

Pacco de Mongrel

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my