Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Friendly Places:
BoatHouse Restaurant Allows Dogs

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Mar 28, 2008, 10:13 PM

Post #1 of 8 (3707 views)
Shortcut
BoatHouse Restaurant Allows Dogs Can't Post

Just discovered about BoatHouse restaurant which is very near to Bandar Utama. Went there last night to celebrate Chloe's 2nd Birthday. Here are some pictures I took that night...

The dogs had meatloaf cake. The cake was made by me not by BoatHouse.

But they do serve some steamed frankfurt sausages for dogs. We only ordered three. One each ofcourse...

They also served some free dog biscuits & filtered water for our dogs. How very nice of them...

BoatHouse usually allows small to medium sized dogs only. But since our dogs are very quiet & well behaved, they allowed us to bring them along & sit inside some more. They will only allow dogs who do not bark. Smaller dogs will be allowed to sit on the couch but be careful as there are some customers there who hate dogs. Like the one last night. He was a Mat Saleh & he hated our dogs & someone else's JRT. Our dogs didn't even come close to him. So, make sure your dogs are very quiet & always keep them leashed & close to you.

The food was quite nice. This place got alot of good reviews particularly about their food. But it ain't cheap I tell ya. My mom spent more than RM200+ last night.

Here's the direction to BoatHouse:

From LDP highway, there is a traffic light right in front of 1utama. If on LDP, 1Utama is on your left then at the traffic light junction take a right turn. Go all the way straight and you will see shoplots on your left. Keep to your left and turn left once you see maybank which is situated at a corner. Follow the road up you will see row of shoplots on your left and right is an apartment building. Boathouse is in the middle of those shoplots. Signboard is not prominent so instead look for neon "Pasta" signboard *sorry cant recall the full name of the pasta restaurant!* they are side by side though

Telephone No.: 03-7727 4426 (call incase you're lost)
Opening Hours:
Mon to Fri - 11am to 3pm, 6pm to 12am
Sat - 12pm to 4pm, 6pm to 1am
(closed on Sundays) NO PORK SERVED

Please call them up 1st to make reservations

If there's any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me.

Veanne
K9 Maniac

Apr 1, 2008, 7:47 AM

Post #2 of 8 (3669 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amber.Faith] BoatHouse Restaurant Allows Dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

wow... thats great... never actaully heard that there is any retaurant allow pets... would want to go there one day... erm... the meatloaf cake look delicious... haha... how u prepared it...?? can tell me the recipe...?? hehe... want to cook for my shiro as well... hehe

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Apr 1, 2008, 10:14 AM

Post #3 of 8 (3660 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Veanne] BoatHouse Restaurant Allows Dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh, there are a few actually. Have you been to Plaza Damas yet? It's an outdoor shopping complex & you can walk your dogs there & even some of the non-halal cafes there allow dogs but must sit outside lor... There's even the House of Groomers there & even a pet shop which sells unusual stuff we've not seen selling in other pet shops before.

Sure, I can share the recipe with you. It's very simple to make. Infact, it's like a big fat juicy burger meat! You can even make it into meatballs if you want to...

Thaw minced beef/chicken/turkey & mix it well together with three large tablespoons of raw oats, raw egg, pieces of oatmeal bread & half a cup of milk. Once done mixing, just pour the whole mixture into a porcelain bowl & then put it in the oven to bake for about an hour. Put it to 280 degrees celcius. That's it!

Veanne
K9 Maniac

Apr 1, 2008, 9:58 PM

Post #4 of 8 (3604 views)
Shortcut

Nope... never been to plaza damas before... just went to a shopping complex before and end up being chased out by the guard... so i never try to go to another shoping complex... scare later the guard said i challange the muslims again...Pirate i cannot leave my shiro alone... he'll bark till he's staying beside me... he scare to be alone... so, i actually looking for a restaurant that allow my pet to go in... im looking forward to go to boathouse reataurant... hehe.. but still worried of something...... shiro is very active... cannot sit still... scare later he run here and there in the restaurant...Pirate

haha... thanks for the recipe... will try... hope my shiro likes it...

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

(This post was edited by Veanne on Apr 1, 2008, 9:59 PM)

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Apr 1, 2008, 10:40 PM

Post #5 of 8 (3590 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Veanne] BoatHouse Restaurant Allows Dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

Don't worry, the guards at Plaza Damas shopping comples are so yused to dos already that they just ignore when you walk the around. Everybody there is used to dogs already. We sat outside the Starbucks cafe & amny people adored & sayang our dogs. Even the malays there adored but they didn't touch them lah... So it's okay. But try not to let your dog bark too much lor if he is the barky type. Same thing in BoatHouse. Dog must be very quiet. If he's not the calm type meaning, he likes to move around alot, then just let him sit on your lap or tie him under the table away from other customers.

Oh, your Shiro will definitely LOVE it! It's 90% pure meat!

Veanne
K9 Maniac

Apr 2, 2008, 12:37 AM

Post #6 of 8 (3571 views)
Shortcut

haha.. thanks for your info... will bring him to shopping this weekend... hope he's happy... haha...

thanks for the recipe... haha... i also felt that way... he'll love it... plan to cook for him tomorrow... haha... hope it come out with the way it looks like yours...

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

DreamL6
Novice

Apr 8, 2008, 5:43 PM

Post #7 of 8 (2712 views)
Shortcut

thanks so much for the advice....took my pom rukia out together with my best friend n her toy poodle for dinner on Sunday night, we had a blast! the staff were very very friendly n helpful, the food was good and all of us went back with sweet dreams.

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Apr 9, 2008, 12:10 AM

Post #8 of 8 (2691 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DreamL6] BoatHouse Restaurant Allows Dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

Glad to hear you had a great time there... Yeap, the food is exceptionally great! How were the other customers there? Yes the staff are very friendly except one or two of them are scared of the dogs.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my