Some general Q & A help needed

Hezra
New User

Mar 28, 2008, 8:43 PM

Post #1 of 3 (3034 views)
Shortcut
Some general Q & A help needed Can't Post

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum and also a proud new owner to a 3 month old Golden Retriever. "He" arrived at my house for only the first week. Here are some questions which I sincerely request for help/answers:

Q1: I was wondering at this age is it too young to bring him out for walks? Knowing that they will get tired quickly?

Q2: Also, I'm planning to bring him out to the park to play. It's just a normal park with greeneries, plants and etc but was adviced by my friend not to do so as he will easily attract bugs and also tick/fleas problem.

Q3: Should I spray some anti tick/fleas medicine before bringing him to the park? Will that help?

Q4: How much time spend together with your dog/puppy is consider as sufficient? I'm working during the day time but my mom take cares of the puppy. I play and spend time with it for 1 1/2 hours in the morning and 3 hours at night. I'm afraid I am not giving him enough attention. Please advice.

THANK YOU EVERYONE!

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 28, 2008, 10:19 PM

Post #2 of 3 (3025 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hezra] Some general Q & A help needed [In reply to] Can't Post

Best to take your dog out after he has completed his vaccination. Can walk but dun mingle with other dogs. Would be a good idea for the anti tick stuff but if walk on tar rd shud be fine. You are already spending quite a lot of time with your pup. MAke sure it's quality time not just playing. Can do stuff like teaching some commands or feeding her.

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

chrislimyy
K9 Kaki

Mar 29, 2008, 12:37 AM

Post #3 of 3 (3015 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hezra] Some general Q & A help needed [In reply to] Can't Post

ya...i agree with yen if it's only walking on tar surfaces then the anti tick spray is not needed unless if you are bringing him to the playground with grass all around...it is advisable for you to walk him around...and when he grows can start to jog with him...he will enjoy running with you...i have a golden retriever a month older than yours...so i know how it feels...haha...the amount of time you spent is very sufficient, it's more than me already...haha...i am just able to spend half an hour jogging with him in the morning, feeding and playing with him for another half an hour while spending around 2 hours with him in the evening...so keep up the good work and enjoy your time with your pup...Smile

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my