First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

mackmack
Doggyman

Aug 2, 2003, 1:16 PM

Post #51 of 59 (976 views)
Shortcut
Re: [houyee] MANGE!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hou Yee,

Sorry that I missed your msg.... then here i read the problem of Rowena.. Poor gal... and poor daddy nagging here and there. But no wolli la... Rowena gal shall be fine after the vet-visition. But agree with u lo... spay her might be a relief for yourself too. eh. u used ur office's equipment to snap that mite?? it's really "something"!Shocked yala~ listen to ah-cek, DON'T PANIC.

CHEERs~

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 9, 2003, 7:20 AM

Post #52 of 59 (957 views)
Shortcut

hi houyee,

i was reading up the internet about Mange too.....I suspect my puppy has it. He's showing all the classic symptoms. Thinning fur, loss of fur around eye and dewclaw areas, inflammed dewclaws, pimples (with pus) on the stomach and red patches that forms crusts.

Gosh, I've been to the vet TWICE already to check on his condition. He was given a jab and some antibiotics and was put on the e-collar. It's been two weeks and I see no improvement. I will take him there again tomorrow and insist on a skin scrape.

*sigh* really heartache when I see his condition now. He looks so thin since he started shedding and his dewclas doesn't loook good. Overall if not because I live with him, I wouldn't recognise him compared to how he looked like 5 weeks ago. And his skin.....goodness.......poor little baby

btw, how do u pronounce mange? Izzit 'man gee' or "menge"???!

houyee
Novice

Aug 13, 2003, 3:47 AM

Post #53 of 59 (948 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] MANGE!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi cshellz,

i think it's pronounced "mainge" (mange - noun) and main-gee (mangy - verb). anyway i had a bit of a scare after dipping the 2nd time with amitraz/mitaban she got so sedated and vomited 2 days in a row and not touching any food. it was my fault really cuss i wasn't that careful and the stupid girl go and drank some insecticide. since it was still drinking water and pissing i left it alone. now okay all hyperactive again. the ipoh vet said it was really toxicity and wasn't that serious. i took it to a vet to bukit mertajam who almost poked her with 1mg atropine and wanted to prescribe syrup ampicillin???! (that's so not the treatment - to all you crook-vets out there : antibiotics isn't the answer to every ailment and not all insecticides are organophosphates).

not much improvement with the fur though. and it still scratches periodically. this will be one long battle. sobs.

zippy 'rowena' kojak

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 13, 2003, 7:47 AM

Post #54 of 59 (939 views)
Shortcut

Hello cshellz ...

The symptoms you are describing sound a heck like dermodectic mange ... its a peculiar strain of mange that can be quite stubborn & difficult to treat ...

How is your dog now, after the last visit to the vet?

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 13, 2003, 7:56 AM

Post #55 of 59 (938 views)
Shortcut

oops ... sorry ... the comment about dermodectic mange was meant for houyee's posting ... apologies ...

mackmack
Doggyman

Aug 13, 2003, 12:56 PM

Post #56 of 59 (936 views)
Shortcut

houyee...

long battle for you huh~ don't bring rowena back to your work place la... feel a bit of too "chemical" for her.

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 13, 2003, 4:47 PM

Post #57 of 59 (932 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ALL] MANGE!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi guys,

let's move our discussion about Mange to:
www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=53683#53683

This way, more can notice this discussion and let's not digress from the original topic of this thread which should be a discussion for the health of puggies! Cool

mackmack
Doggyman

Aug 13, 2003, 4:53 PM

Post #58 of 59 (931 views)
Shortcut

But Rowena is a PUG, and she's having the health problem. Crazy

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 13, 2003, 5:05 PM

Post #59 of 59 (929 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] MANGE!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes I understand that. I'm just saying we're moving into a very informative discussion and I think with a new thread specifically on Mange (as it also affect other dogs other than a pug), more members can benefit from it as it's easier to spot the discussion.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my