Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog's Rights and Protection:
Help! doberman puppy advice!

kopking10
Novice

Mar 25, 2008, 6:51 PM

Post #1 of 3 (4209 views)
Shortcut
Help! doberman puppy advice! Can't Post

Guys, i am currently facing dilemma with my doberman puppy.

My dog, Evo went for ear cropping and the breeder has promised to take care of him till the wound is fully recovered. After 3 weeks, the wound have not yet recover and seems like there is an inflammation. Now the breeder asked me to bring home to take care myself because she said she have not time to take care Evo and asked for full payment to be made.

Before bringing home, i bring Evo to the vet with the breeder as i noticed Evo is not as active as before which i afraid something is wrong with him. The vet said that Evo's ears will recover within 2-3months for worst condition and Evo is suffering from fungal infection and might be suffering from tick fever, and there is a defect with its front right leg (not align with the left leg). The bad condition of Evo is due to the lack of care from the breeder. The vet advise us not to bring home as breeder has more experience because dressing need to be changed daily.

After long discussion with the breeder [at a point where her partner said to refund us our deposit and the dog could be even sell w/out any problem but has later said no to refund], letting her know we do not have the capability to take care Evo, she agreed at last to take care for us and her/partner immediate action is to restitch the wound and align the front leg with stick or string (i am not sure how she going to do that). She then confirmed that Evo's wound will "dry up" within 3 days and we would be able to bring it back home. She also said that Evo is a special case so it takes longer for the wound to recover.

I then consulted an associate of mine, he suggested me to ask for a refund or at least an exchange of puppy if the breeder is reputable enough. So i called the breeder but she said she can't exchange a puppy for me and asked me to wait for 3 days.

The question is what if after 3 days the wound have not recover? What should i do? Frown FYI, the deposit made to the breeder is on FEB 26. I have yet to get my Evo till now.

Thanks in advance!

supermutts
K9 Senior

Apr 30, 2008, 8:09 PM

Post #2 of 3 (2931 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kopking10] Help! doberman puppy advice! [In reply to] Can't Post

so did u get ur dog now?

dog has been treated like goods...
not healthy, want to refund, choose a good one,
sell to another one... dump the poor ones...

sickening.....

No Buying! No Selling! No Breeding!

Don't Lost your dogs!!
Please make sure they are safe at home!

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 30, 2008, 8:16 PM

Post #3 of 3 (2930 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kopking10] Help! doberman puppy advice! [In reply to] Can't Post

wonder what would happen to your new puppy if in future it fall sick again? Since you cannot take care of it when it is sick so in future when it is sick you'll be selling it off to someone else?

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my