IN

Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Leaking Urine- Potential Ectopic Ureter- URGENT HELP NEEDED

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

shapeshifter

May 25, 2008, 2:56 AM

Post #26 of 38 (17922 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] Leaking Urine- Potential Ectopic Ureter- URGENT HELP NEEDED [In reply to] Can't Post

yen- yea i knw, but when the other 2 went for spaying @ the normal vet we go to, they came back with nothing.

But nvm la, just have to clean it up, and since it's in early stages it shld be ok.

ai_ney- yea she's her same naughty self, like as if nothing happened, lol. Dr said when she was awaiting surgery she was depressed coz she didnt understand why no one wld feed her. So funny.

My parents bought a rubber ball for her, and now aiyoh, she's not letting me sit alone, keeps bringing it to me to play fetch with her!

Yea, i got the Frontline solution, have applied for her, hope this works well, if not she won't be happy as she cannot play with Sprite (sprite is black somemore, die la if get ticks!)
~ A dog is the only one who will love you more than you love yourself~

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

May 26, 2008, 6:56 PM

Post #27 of 38 (17900 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shapeshifter] Leaking Urine- Potential Ectopic Ureter- URGENT HELP NEEDED [In reply to] Can't Post

so happy to know that Sophie is all well n happy again! abt the ticks, try to check her body daily, n if got ticks, catch n kill them... when u r happy no more ticks then no need to check so frequently liao... hahah ya, i always scared when a black dog has ticks!

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

shapeshifter

May 27, 2008, 7:01 AM

Post #28 of 38 (17892 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] Leaking Urine- Potential Ectopic Ureter- URGENT HELP NEEDED [In reply to] Can't Post

I checked today, and still tick free.

She'll be admitted again next Mon for follow up evaluation or smthg, so since now FRontline has been applied I hope when she comes back no problems.

I just hate hate tick issues.

My sister's Spitz died frm a tick-borne disease, but the funny thing is she was tick free.

I still shocked & sad. But she had a gd life when she came to us, we cleared her ticks 9stupid ex owner dunno wtf they did- nvr look aft her properly.)

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

May 27, 2008, 10:26 PM

Post #29 of 38 (17871 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shapeshifter] Leaking Urine- Potential Ectopic Ureter- URGENT HELP NEEDED [In reply to] Can't Post

good la no more ticks... fleas lagi susah, cannot catch so they are so fast! i hate both too!

oh wish Sophie all the best this coming monday... hope she'll be all right! Smile

Sookie's Photo Gallery

ultramandyna
New User

May 29, 2008, 1:35 AM

Post #30 of 38 (17841 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

My 6 mths old GR is leaking urine also and I would like to bring her to Dr. Yeoh coz it's nearer. One question, if my dog is diagnosed with ectopic ureter, do I need to bring her to UPM to get it fixed? Does Dr. Yeoh perform the surgery?

In Reply To

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

May 29, 2008, 1:57 AM

Post #31 of 38 (17838 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ultramandyna] Leaking Urine- Potential Ectopic Ureter- URGENT HELP NEEDED [In reply to] Can't Post

dr yeoh refered the case to upm, upm vets performed the surgery...

Sookie's Photo Gallery

ultramandyna
New User

May 29, 2008, 3:09 AM

Post #32 of 38 (17836 views)
Shortcut

thanks. let's all hope my puppy does not require surgery.

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

May 29, 2008, 3:17 AM

Post #33 of 38 (17834 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ultramandyna] Leaking Urine- Potential Ectopic Ureter- URGENT HELP NEEDED [In reply to] Can't Post

do take ur puppy to the vet to check, if serious, they will refer the case to upm... hope ur doggy is all well... keep us posted...

Sookie's Photo Gallery

shapeshifter

May 29, 2008, 5:26 AM

Post #34 of 38 (17831 views)
Shortcut

Sorry to say, if it is ectopic ureter, only surgery will solve it, but even taht it takes time for the urine to completely stop leaking.

But yes, u better take her (I assume the pup is female coz mostly females have this problem) to the vet and check.

Sometimes it might just be a weak bladder.

ultramandyna
New User

Jul 16, 2008, 11:04 PM

Post #35 of 38 (17589 views)
Shortcut

How's sophie? no more leaking urine? my retriever is all well now. She didn't have ectopic ureter. Just some infection, put on a course of antibiotics and all is well now.

shapeshifter

Jul 17, 2008, 1:17 AM

Post #36 of 38 (17577 views)
Shortcut

She's ok, thanks for asking.

Still slightly leaking urine but much less and sometimes not at all(depends on how full her bladder is- most of time leaks when she's a sleep).

Doctor said it's normal to leak a bit coz bladder is still adjusting, so it'll take a few months.

Good to hear your pu is doing alright:)

andrew13
New User

Sep 12, 2012, 5:25 AM

Post #37 of 38 (16418 views)
Shortcut

Can I be in touch with you Shapeshifter....my dog coincidently also named Sophie has the same problem. She is also a GR. I need you to share your experience with me

shapeshifter

Dec 3, 2013, 5:34 AM

Post #38 of 38 (9145 views)
Shortcut
Re: [andrew13] Leaking Urine- Potential Ectopic Ureter- URGENT HELP NEEDED [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Andrew, sorry for my VERY late reply.

I have found your other thread & have responded there. If you'd like to get in touch via email, do PM me.

Sophie is 6 now. She is starting to show signs of what I suspect is hip dyslapsia. Will be taking her to UPM this week to confirm (I pray it's not, but looks like it could very well be).

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my