First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Mar 25, 2008, 12:51 AM

Post #1 of 108 (4411 views)
Shortcut
Dogs & Ghosts Can't Post

Hi there everyone!

I've been wanting to post this topic some time ago but was distracted by something else. Anyway, many chinese believe that dogs have this thing where they can see ghosts. When they howl in the middle of the night, it means they can see something out there.

I'm not sure how true this is but let me tell you the experience my mom & I had about two years back & just recently.

My mom & I are dog enthusiasts & we always bring our three dogs everywhere. Every single piece of land or park or even construction sites that we can find that is not so very far from our place, we will bring our dogs there to play & run around. Our dogs are large & they need lots of exercise plus, we enjoy hanging out with them & just having a great time together. We all are very well bonded.

There's this very very big park here in Puncak Jalil & we used to bring Amber & Faith there everynight without fail. It's only 2 min away from our house. We often just walk there instead of driving. We usually go there around 9 or 10 pm where everybody is back home & the place is totally dark. This park only has one light working & only the top part of the park is lit.

Anyway, one night, we were at the top part of the park & our two dogs (We have not adopted Chloe yet that time) were just playing around, sniffing stuff & so on. My mom & I was just sitting on a stone bench just watching the two. We brought a can of coke to drink & we placed it down on the bench between us. Suddenly, we both heard a loud dog's breath sound like this, "Haa!" behind of us. It was like a dog exhaling. I turned around 1st to see & then just thought, "Neh, it's just one of our dogs." But I was still doubting myself becoz the dogs were in front of us at least 2 meters away when this sound happened just behind of us & it's like, very close & clear.

My mom then turned around too to see but found nothing there. I asked her, "What's that sound?" She replied, " I don't know." She said that I might have pushed the can of coke accidentally & then it made that sound. But I said I didn't. Then we both starred at each other, thinking what the heck was that that made that sound."

Our dogs saw & heard nothing! They still carried on doing their own thing while the episode happened. We both were kinda like freaking out already & my hairs were like standing. Again I turned around & checked but there's no dog anywhere. Sometimes, we see a stray dog roaming around but it's usually in the day. And even if there was a dog behind of us doing the "Haa" sound, it would have been just a foot behind of us. But, nothing there & our dogs saw nothing at all.

Anyway, we went back home. Everything was fine & we didn't go back to the park a few days later. But you wanna know the freakiest thing EVER? We actually brought the ghost or devil back home with us. Yes we did. It went for a car ride with us all the way back home.

A few days later after the episode happened, sdtrange things were happening in the house especially on the roof. Our ceiling is the asbestos type so it's movable. Anyway, everyday day or night, there'll be strange sounds up there. One time when I came back home at night & went upstairs to change my clothes, there were footsteps. And I'm talking about heavy ones. It was like a woman on high heels, walking above me & into my mom's room. Another time was when I was sleeping on my bunk bed in my room. More footsteps happened & then someone hammering on the walls. All night! And then one night something pushed my ceiling opened. I was not the only one hearing all these, my other family members too. I still remember the day after the freaky thing happened at the park, the alarm went off around 4am in the morning. Everybody was a sleep then. My mom got worried & thought someone broke into our house. She check everybody's room & found no one. The next day, we were all thinking what triggered the alarm. Maybe it could be a rat lah but this only happened one time & no more after that. Anyway these strange happenings went on for about a month until it got even worst!

The ghost was not harming any of us at all. It was just living on the roof & disturbing lah. My mother thought it was a dog ghost but I think it was some devil or something! I was very afraid of my home when these things were happening. Anyway, when it got worst, we had no choice but to call a monk from a temple to remove it & bless our whole house. He's our friend actually.

He removed a few pieces of the asbestos roof in all of our rooms including the family room upstairs, opened all the windows wide for a day & then he did his rituals. The next day, everything was over. No more sounds, I was no longer scared of my own home, we were all living in peace again. It has been more than a year now & nothing strange is happening in our home lately. We no longer go back to that park after what happened & anyway, a mosque has been build there already so, not a good idea to go there again.

Now, what about our dogs? They heard NOTHING!!! Throughout the 1 month that these strange occurrence happening in our home, they felt nothing or were just not bothered at all. Faith was sleeping in my mom's room with my mom one night. The footsteps were happening in the middle of the night & Faith was just happily sleeping away while my mom heard it.

Now the recent one which just happened last year. We were practicing some Agility outside our home. Amber was doing some weaving with her home-made agility weaving poles. It was around 11pm at night. It was dark. As Amber was weaving, I looked straight in front of me & saw something white walking across to the other side of the field. I told my mom to look at it & she saw it too BUT Amber saw nothing eventhough she was staring at the same direction we were looking at. I thought it was a man in white t-shirt walking but no, it had no figure. It was like a white cloth floating pass the houses. It moved quite fast & smoothly too...There was no head, no legs. It lasted about 10 seconds before it vanished into the dark. Too bad I didn't capture a video of it or even pictures. Coz I would love to show you guys!

But anyway, these are the two strange supernatural stuff we've seen so far but the dogs saw nothing at all even all three of these episodes. My neighbor dog didn't even see anything too! So hopeless.

So now the question is, can dogs really really really see ghosts? My answer is, NEH!!! Guess what, my cats saw nothing too nor heard anything in our house. And cats are supposed to be the ones who are really good at seeing ghosts. But it was we humans who saw them. My pets are so hopeless...They can never protect us from anything, honestly.

Have any of you experienced these weird phenomenons before & have your pets seen them too? I think this discussion is a lot of fun & very new & I would love to hear from you all & your experiences too.

(This post was edited by Amber.Faith on Mar 25, 2008, 1:09 AM)

Ginger1710

Mar 25, 2008, 5:57 AM

Post #2 of 108 (4376 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amber.Faith] Dogs & Ghosts [In reply to] Can't Post

All I can say is...... FREAKY!!

Yep, sometimes I still wonder whether dogs can really see those things! They say if you rub dog's tears onto your eyes, you can see those things!

Maybe, just maybe, your dogs are already used to those things? I mean, bringing dogs to parks near to midnight isn't good to your soul or to you yourself ( what if someone kidnapped you and dognapped your dogs???)Unimpressed

Well, that's all I can say...
Visit our website for dogs!
www.freewebs.com/bigpaws

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Mar 25, 2008, 7:20 AM

Post #3 of 108 (4366 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ginger1710] Dogs & Ghosts [In reply to] Can't Post

No choice leh... Have to play at night especially when all the malay kids have gone off & also people mustn't see us in the parks with our dogs or else we will get scolded. So the only time is close to midnight. Sometimes we do go around 6 or 7pm too. Anyway, my dogs are more active at night than day. Yes, we worry sometimes if our dogs will get dog napped too & that's why, we don't go to the same place often like a fixed timetable. Always, change places & then the dog napper (if there's one) won't be able to choose the correct day to dog nap our dogs. Heehee! But we're always there watching them...

lantiserette
Dog Kichi

Mar 25, 2008, 9:11 AM

Post #4 of 108 (4360 views)
Shortcut

The story is really spooky but u r scarier! Aren't u afraid of people with bad intentions? I always tell my friends I'm more afraid of human than ghosts. I don't know if u or ur dogs can protect one another if someone decided to dog or human nap u guys. Aiyoh!Shocked

Anyway, I heard that different breeds of dogs actually can c differently. Some r colour blind but some can c certain colours. Maybe ghosts appear in a spectrum n ur dogs can't c it.

When I was staying in Bandar Utama, I had this neighbour who only comes once a month to clean his house. Then one fine day, he decided to talk. He asked us if our dogs saw anything in his yard. Coz there is a tree there, n he says his sister came by one day n told him she saw a very angry spirit by the tree. I don't know if my dogs saw anything, coz they never barked. My toy is too short to look over n my mini, does look over sometimes but don't know if she saw anything. She is kinda cock-eyed anyway. Well u know what they say about black dogs. Then again my mini didn't even know what was a cat when she first saw one. Until the cat scratched her nose, from there on she knew dogs n cats can never be friends.

When I was younger my spitz used to bark at a banana tree at 3pm everyday. But stopped after my neighbour chopped it down. hhmmm...

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Mar 25, 2008, 10:51 AM

Post #5 of 108 (4356 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lantiserette] Dogs & Ghosts [In reply to] Can't Post

Me scary ah? Hehehe! Ofcourse we're scared of people with bad intentions but we don't feel anything like that when we're at the parks late at night. Many people are so afraid of our dogs eventhough they're gentle & friendly. It's just their size that scare them. I'm more afraid of humans too, anytime becoz they can hurt us & our dogs. Ghosts ofcourse, don't do anything to us except freak the daylight out of us. But some can purposely hurt us or make us sick if they want too. But only the devils do so not just some spirit on the streets...

There was one time when we were walking with our dogs at an abandoned construction site & apartments. We found this bag, something like a rice bag with something in there. Faith started barking at it non-stop. She was afraid of it. When we took a closer look at it, there' were flies flying all over it. You know, the dead body flies? I think there's something dead in there but can't tell for sure. faith did not stop barking at it until we walked away. We were just wondering if it was a baby's body in there or maybe just some animal carcass. We hoped that it was not a baby. You don't know what strange things people do...

Chloe also started barking once in Genting Highlands once. She barked at a dark jungle. My mom freaked out & moved her away from there. Maybe Chloe saw something. maybe our dogs can see ghosts but it's up to them if they want to communicate with it or not. Hehe!

bakamono
Enthusiast

Mar 25, 2008, 4:09 PM

Post #6 of 108 (4342 views)
Shortcut

There were 2 unsolved murder cases at my condo, a lady and a man and many ppl had seen the lady roaming on the corridors and some of them had felt them going into their houses and make those Haa noise at their ears when they were taking afternoon nap. It is still going on right now and it frighten the guards when they do their rounds at midnight. As for our unit, our furkids has never make any strange howling in the middle of the night before. They do bark normally to inform us of ppl on our corridors but no strange howling like what ppl said. Think will not believe ppl saying any more that doggies can see ghost bcoz I'm sure those spirits will not purposely avoid my entrance when they roam at night.

Since u need to take the doggies out at late nights, suggest u prepare some salt ( those packet one from McD ) and throw them over your shoulders b4 u get into the hse. That's what v Japs do whenever v visit a grave yard or after attending a funeral. This is to ward off any spirit trying to follow us or those looking for a place to stay in our home.

My mom used to see Tok Kong under the durian tree in our home when v were young, especially in the afternoon but our dogs then also never bark at all. Maybe they can felt that it's not evil that's why they kept quiet.

robros
K9 Maniac

Mar 25, 2008, 6:03 PM

Post #7 of 108 (4326 views)
Shortcut

When I was a kid, I used to see all sorts of "things" and when I was older, my mum took me to the temple and got the monk to bless me and next thing I know, I no longer see those things. The weird thing was I was never scared when I see those things. They never gave me the scary vibes. Nowadays, I can still feel (sometimes) but no longer see and that is worse as you start to imagine what those things look like and that makes it worse! Sometimes I imagine it look like Pontianak Harum Sundal and it scares me nuts!

Anyway, a word of advice. If you feel, hear or smell something which is not supposedly there or you can't find the source of it...JUST IGNORE IT. By acknowledging its presence (by commenting on it) can make the spirit stick to you and follow you home.

I used to owned Pomeranians many years ago and they can see those things. They alerted me to my late grandma's spirit. First I notice they look as if they were listening to someone and jumping happily at something as if to greet someone. Next thing I knew the spirit materialized and I realized it was my grandma. I was still scared because at that point, as far as I knew, my grandma was still ALIVE!

The spirit told me that she died suddenly and she was sad because she did not get to see her children and grandchildren before she went unexpectedly. I immediately went to tell my mom and she thought I was nuts but soon after, she got a call from my grandfather telling her the news.....

I am not sure of my current dogs which I recently adopted. They have not shown any signs of having been aware of any paranormal activities. Maybe dogs are like humans, some can see/feel and some can't.

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Mar 25, 2008, 8:40 PM

Post #8 of 108 (4296 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robros] Dogs & Ghosts [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, the right way is to actually ignore the ghost but when we heard that "Haa" sound, we just had to turn around & check whether it was a dog or not or maybe something else. We were scared that our dogs will go & chase after it which they always do but will stop when we shout at them. My mom used to see alot of things too becoz all the houses she used to stay in are haunted. That's becoz her mom invited them in... Yeah, I agree with you. Only some can see. Not all...

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Mar 25, 2008, 8:52 PM

Post #9 of 108 (4291 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bakamono] Dogs & Ghosts [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh gee, got two murder cases in your condo ah? That's really scary...But I think the ghost lady is just roaming up & down everywhere but is not harming anybody right? But still, very scary lah.

I remember one time so very clearly when we were living in Brunei for 5 years. We were staying in one of the most oldest apartment ever in Brunei, near the kampung area. This apartment was built on the war grounds & many little kids had died there long time ago. We were staying on the 1st floor. Very small apartment, old but quite clean. The kitchen & bathroom floor & walls were tiled. One night around maybe midnight, I was about to close the main door. We usually leave it a little bit open so that our cats can go in & out. Anyway, when I was closing it, someone called my name "MELISSA" so clearly right in front of my face. I looked in front & saw no one in the dark corridor. I was so scared that I couldn't move. My hairs were standing up & I was sweating. I closed the door & locked it & then asked my mom, whether she called me. She said no. She was in the kitchen talking to my brother so it couldn't possibly her calling my name so very sloe to my face. It's the same voice too...That episode really freaked me out but it never happened again after that.

There were many more incidents that happened over there on that floor before we moved up to the 5ht floor. Nothing happened on the 5th floor. I remember another one. Around 2 or 3 a in the morning, somebody was ringing & ringing & ringing the doorbell continuously for about a min. "ding dong ding dong ding!" Like it was emergency.

The moment my mom got up from bed to check, it stopped. She opened the door & found no one out there. Scary huh? We had no dogs then but our cats, were still sleeping on our beds like nothing happened.

myzanordin
ALPHA

Mar 25, 2008, 9:54 PM

Post #10 of 108 (4276 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robros] Dogs & Ghosts [In reply to] Can't Post

ha ha ..i can see sense 'things' till now. Not sure, whether its good or bad, cos I am definately categorised as 'big penakut'...Once a close fren of mine moved into an apartment unit in Tiara. So I always lepak with her. Having weird feeling that I am being watched whenever I sit at the Hall...plus I can feel the presence of someone.

So, my fren call a Malay bomoh...she found out that there are actually an invisible 'family' living there (since the house was vacant for quite sme time). They came from the 'jungle' opposite....and refuse to leave. Phewww...imagine that. After using the Malay bomoh, she being Catholic, sprinkle some holy water in the house also. After that, all ok lah...

My current condo pulak.Think I am sharing with a spirit too..maybe small kid. Love to main sorok-sorok...hide my stuffs so often. But I will find, same spot after few weeks...that's how I know it was only playing...Imagine, my favourite lipstick went missing from my handbag. Check same spot, over and over again....nt there. After few days.. ader balik wor...

My novel and picture frame...change places...every now and then...I guess my kids already gang with it...so far, no scary howl or meow lar....

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Mar 26, 2008, 8:20 AM

Post #11 of 108 (4196 views)
Shortcut
Re: [myzanordin] Dogs & Ghosts [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi myza!

Invisible family living there? How scary... And that little boy in your house now, I'm sure he's just playing around with you. I think it's nice to have some ghosts around,. It's like a companion especially those who are friendly & who just want to have fun with us live humans. Like the one that was on the roof in our house, it caused no harm to us. It was just living out there but it was still scary. After airing the roof, & the whole house, the spirit went free again. I guess the reason why it followed us back was becoz it just wanted to have a home, that's all. I mean, it was okay having it living in our roof for a short while but after a while, it got to our nerves & we've been having sleepless nights.

I think dogs will only howl & make noise when the ghost or some spirit is scary to them. If it's not, then they may not make any sound like there's nothing there.

myzanordin
ALPHA

Mar 26, 2008, 5:35 PM

Post #12 of 108 (4151 views)
Shortcut

yeah, u are right, dogs and cats only react on scary looking things but not the friendly one...

one weird thing though...my family in Ipoh lives in a Chinese+Malay neighbourhood....every morning (before solat Subuh) seconds before the 'azan' from the masjid is heard...all the dogs will be howling (from one corner to another) ........my mom told me, normally all the 'setan and jin' will lari bertempiaran when they hear the azan)...so, the dogs would have probably seen them lar....weird thing is that, this only happen at my mom's neighbourhood.....

As for my mom, she thank the dog for waking her up for her solat subuh...he he he ...Sly

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Mar 26, 2008, 9:53 PM

Post #13 of 108 (4121 views)
Shortcut

Wow, how strange... But I always wondered if the mosque actually attracted all the setan & jin? I always also thought that the temples & even church's are haunted becoz it's a spiritual place where prayers go on everyday, they invite god & so on. We're not religious people but we've been in Church's & Temples before. We don't feel anything scary though when we step into a temple but the moment I step into a church, I feel very icky... Like there's someone watching me especially when I walk in there alone. The place is also quite dark with lots of wooden benches. Maybe I watch too much of the horror movies that's why...

Well, those dogs sure are a good alarm clock for your mom. Hehehe!

lantiserette
Dog Kichi

Mar 26, 2008, 10:02 PM

Post #14 of 108 (4118 views)
Shortcut

I've heard that b4 when I was in my teens. A lot of dogs howling b4 the morning prayers. I was in Cameron Highlands. My group of friends n I rented an apartment upstairs a shop. The boys slept in 1 room while the girls another. So my 2 friends n I shared a bed. They both said that the ghost would normaly attack the one sleeping in the middle. So they both took the sides n I slept in the middle. Coz I don't believe in all this grandmother stories. Anyway, at about 3-4am. I heard dogs fight & howling from afar then through the building. So I turn to my left. My friend turned n she was talking in her sleep. I turned right. She too started to talk. Hhmmm. I couldn't sleep n decided to take a shower. Half way thru my shower some one kept banging on the door. But when I opened the door there was no one. ???

mickey123
Enthusiast

Mar 27, 2008, 1:59 AM

Post #15 of 108 (4095 views)
Shortcut

well, my brother said that last time when he stayed in gasing height condo.. every year around the ghost festival (14th of bulan tujuh in chinese calender).. 12am sharp, the stray dogs will start hawling for about 5-10 minutes.. it's pretty scary to hear that.. cause it's like those stray dogs did see something scary...

I don't know cause I didn't go to my brother's house during that time..

myzanordin
ALPHA

Mar 27, 2008, 2:05 AM

Post #16 of 108 (4091 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mickey123] Dogs & Ghosts [In reply to] Can't Post

Gasing Height? My uncle stayed there before...erkk..that place memang a bit eerie...in fact, I was told there's a woman from Block A who committed suicide and it was in the papers...

mickey123
Enthusiast

Mar 27, 2008, 2:22 AM

Post #17 of 108 (4089 views)
Shortcut

not block A.. but, block B... I was at my brother's house when that case happened.. all of us were shocked when that lady passed away there.. my sister-in-law even claimed that she saw that lady sitting at the swimming pool before she commit suicide..

by the way, that stray dogs hawling case was happened before that lady commit suicide..

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Mar 27, 2008, 9:35 AM

Post #18 of 108 (4070 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mickey123] Dogs & Ghosts [In reply to] Can't Post

My neighbor's dog named Poocha (The one I was mentioning in one of my posts) would bark & howl at the same time at the direction where we saw the floating white ghost last year. Every 2 to 3 am in the morning, she would make alot of noise. I always try to catch the host that she was barking at but didn't manage to. Someday, I'm gonna walk straight out there with my camera & then snap a shot where Poocha is barking at & maybe take a video too. Hey, heard that cameras can do wonders! Cameras have the ability to catch the ghosts figure or maybe an orb...I've always wanted to catch one but still, I'm a a bit scared to do so. What if it possesses me& then I become the exorcist???? I wouldn't want my heard spinning around 360 degrees like that girl in that movie. That would freak Faith out for sure. *gulp* Maybe I should get the infra-red binoculars. That definitely will help!

bakamono
Enthusiast

Mar 27, 2008, 11:44 PM

Post #19 of 108 (4042 views)
Shortcut

living in high rise and no altar inside the house for us, I will usually open all the windows during 'azan' time every morning to cleanse the house for us. The guy's voice on the speaker at our place is good and I can differenciate now if others is doing a good job or not. Only heard one really lousy one at one time tho'.

myzanordin
ALPHA

Mar 28, 2008, 12:21 AM

Post #20 of 108 (4032 views)
Shortcut

I on the tv loud during azan n during any quran reading session. APart from that, I get CD's of Quran reading and spin it quite often....good blessing for house and occupants...

I know what u mean by 'lousy' azan...want to pengsan sometime....urrghh..

though the objective is to call for Muslim to perform their prayers..it can irritate ones hearing sometime...the good ones, will soothe the feeling and hearing....

bakamono
Enthusiast

Mar 28, 2008, 12:35 AM

Post #21 of 108 (4024 views)
Shortcut

forgot to mention earlier. Among the 3 furkids, only Ruby the ECS will sing along especially in the late afternoon when they on the telly loud. Maybe she's the spiritual one. But when v cannot control n laugh at her, she'll gv us one kind of look and stop totally.

myzanordin
ALPHA

Mar 28, 2008, 12:42 AM

Post #22 of 108 (4020 views)
Shortcut

ha ha .....shld record one...I want to c larr.....

hammy
Enthusiast

Mar 28, 2008, 3:20 AM

Post #23 of 108 (4012 views)
Shortcut

like myza i oso can feel if there's spirit around.. now i'm a bit used to it dy.. not as scare as b4 unless they come touch me la...

there was once my bro travel from pd to subang alone at 2am... u knoe la student wer gt sleep so early.. once he enter the hse my dog will bark n bark n bark at the same time plus hide behind me o under the table bside me... from der i already suspect s'thing but i dowan to say anything coz dowan to scare my sis (she's damn scare of all this)... the nex morning, i bro told me when he sleeps, something step on him n force him to wake up.. he even heard my voice call him to wake up... i straight call my mom to settle this... it seems tat it's was a lady.. follo my bro coz lik him Frown

bakamono
Enthusiast

Mar 28, 2008, 9:12 PM

Post #24 of 108 (3961 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hammy] Dogs & Ghosts [In reply to] Can't Post

that reminded me on something one of my gf told me last time. she's sharing a hse with wz some gay friends n use to hv one lady ghost disturbing her at nite. this ghost does not like her bcoz she's (the ghost) intersted in one of the guys. U know lah, this type of guys r usually very handsom and charming one. Just wondering if the opposite sex also get attracted in their world kah?

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Mar 28, 2008, 9:36 PM

Post #25 of 108 (3959 views)
Shortcut

Hey by the way, how's poor Ruby now? Is she okay? I think someone in the park purposely put poison there to poison our dogs. Terrible lah!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my