Home: Breed Specific: Pastoral Group:
BITE SLEEVE

GSD15
Novice

Mar 19, 2008, 2:18 AM

Post #1 of 15 (16268 views)
Shortcut
BITE SLEEVE Can't Post

Can anyone recommend somewhere to buy a Jute Bite-Sleeve or preferably if anybody has a used Bite-Sleeve that they would like to sell I would be happy to buy provided the condition is relatively good and the price is fair.

Also, anybody on this forum got a SchH dog or trains SchH?

Looking to meet some other people interested in SchH or GSD'S.

leeeejoe
Dog Kichi

Mar 19, 2008, 11:36 PM

Post #2 of 15 (16260 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GSD15] BITE SLEEVE [In reply to] Can't Post

hi, i have a working line GSD puppy, just bought it..i'm interested in Schutzhund but duno where to start either...so...anyways...the place i got my puppy from, they do sell bite sleeve, hard sleeve for seasoned biters??haha..and soft ones for young dogs...they are imported from germany, i was gonna buy one but figured it'll be of no use yet...so buy later..they have plenty of training tools too...and they do train dogs for schutzhund...
joe

GSD15
Novice

Mar 20, 2008, 2:24 AM

Post #3 of 15 (16253 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leeeejoe] BITE SLEEVE [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey Joe,

thanks for the reply, congrats on the new pup. When did you get him/her? Parents imported? Where did you buy from? And also you metnioned they got Bite-sleeves. Do you know roughly how much for puppy/beginers jute sleeve (Just been working the obedience and prey drive with ball/rags and my dog only just ready for bite-sleeve).

Look forward to hearing from you.

Henry.

leeeejoe
Dog Kichi

Mar 21, 2008, 7:38 PM

Post #4 of 15 (16231 views)
Shortcut

Hi Henry,
i got him about...3 weeks ago...ahhaa...both parents are schutzhund3 /IPO3 from germany but i dont know how this pup is gonna turn out to be as u know..there is no guarantee when you buy a puppy..hahaa...i'm not sure how much the juve sleeve cost, but i know the hard ones cost about RM1300, why not u gimme a call anytime over this weekend, this place is in PJ.. email me at l e e e e j o e or call me at zero one six three three five one eight eight eight..maybe we can arrange something..looking forward to your reply to see if i can be of any help..:)
joe

(This post was edited by leeeejoe on Mar 21, 2008, 7:42 PM)

GSD15
Novice

Mar 30, 2008, 4:38 AM

Post #5 of 15 (15570 views)
Shortcut

Hi Joe,

Sorry for the late reply, been a bit of a mayhem recently.

21st of March was my elder brother's birthday and on the way back from Haagen Daz my mum and brother decided to walk (about ten minutes walk) and my mum and brother were mugged just outside the gate to my house soo haven't really had a chance to call as no HP and house phone not working either!

Anyway, how's yur pup doing? How old is he now? Yeah, I know what you mean about there being no guarantee with puppies, so many things that can go wrong, just gotta hope for the best, Do you mind sharing the name of the parents so I can know his pedigree.

Thanks and look forward to hearing from you.

Henry.

leeeejoe
Dog Kichi

Mar 30, 2008, 11:10 AM

Post #6 of 15 (15496 views)
Shortcut

my pup is not home with me yet, and he's only near 7 months coz my new house is under renovation, so he's still with the breeder but i do visit him everyday as its very near my place...hence, i havent got the pedigree yet, but the father's name is called rondo, all black from germany, the mom i cant remember..and i dont have both fullnames either until i get the certificate of course..ahhaa...sorry....btw...u do protection training??doing urself or what???i'm planning to send to a trainer to do it..and if my dog's up to it..then hopefully go for schutzhund trial??else just be a pet, no point forcing the dog..hahahaa...still wanna get ur juve sleeve??lemme know...
joe

GSD15
Novice

Mar 30, 2008, 9:21 PM

Post #7 of 15 (15364 views)
Shortcut

O, I didn't know your pup was seven months old, though he was just two or three. So, is the breeder training the dog for you until your renovation is finished? Is the mum full black also? How is the colour of the pup? And also, are his ears standing nicely now?

I haven't started protection work too strong on my dogs yet because they are too young. But my male is neally ready for me to apply more pressure now, he's 13 months.

But, what sort of Protection Training are you interested in because it can become very dangerous for you and your dog if not handled correctly. Do you just want a dog that will bark at strangers passing by or you really want them to bite if somebody attempts to enter?

If you are interested in this basic protection work let me know because I can help you and give you some advise because it will be much better to train the basics yourself than send to a trainer.(Some trainers apply way too much pressure to the dogs and make him work from fear instead of the dog enjoying working, thats why I decided to train myself through motivation) It's not really that difficult if you're consistent and know what you're doing.

My two year old labrador and 13 month GSD will both run to inspect the gate and and start barking if I give a command, and my GSD on walks will become more suspicious and bark at people if I give a command when on walks. It's really not that hard to teach and it doesn't affect his temperament at home (my 3 year old baby brother can jump on him, pull him, and ride on his back and he is 100% fine with him)

And yes, I am still looking for a Bite-Sleeve, could you possible check the puppy sleeve price for me? And also, does your breeder have a website that I can see?

Thanks a lot for the help and if your interested in training your puppy yourself then let me know and hopefully I can give you some help or if you prefer to send to a trainer then I can recommened some good one's that will train through motivation.

Henry.

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Mar 31, 2008, 6:08 PM

Post #8 of 15 (15048 views)
Shortcut

Hi GSD15,

I got my (if I remember correctly) intermediate sleeve for abt RM 450 and hard sleeve for roughly around RM 900...both fom Germany.

There are actually quite a number of schH enthusiasts who met through this forum but are no longer active online as they are very active offline. Smile

Where are u located?
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

GSD15
Novice

Mar 31, 2008, 8:59 PM

Post #9 of 15 (14984 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] BITE SLEEVE [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey Reality Dreamer,

yeah, I saw a few previous posts about SchH but everybody too busy training now!Smile

I live in Penang. Where are you located?

And also, where did you get your sleeves? Are you training SchH? Do you have any GSD's now?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Henry.

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Mar 31, 2008, 9:39 PM

Post #10 of 15 (14974 views)
Shortcut

Hi GSD15,

Hahaha...yea...that's true.

I used to be pretty active online too (doing research/reading) before getting my dog.

My sleeves are from Germany,albeit different brands, so I guess different locations in Germany. Unless u mean which brands? I've got stuff from schweikert, klin, sporthund and frabo.

Yea, I do hv a gsd..he's the one in my avatar and yes, we're actively training in SchH..in KL :)
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

kid

Mar 31, 2008, 9:43 PM

Post #11 of 15 (14971 views)
Shortcut

hello GSD15!

nice to hear that there are some1 that is interested in working dog training in Penang! I just got a female GSD pup, its almost 5months now. Looking for some training for her, esp in schH or protection. But too bad, seem not much ppl interested in such training in Penang.

free to meet up? so that we can discuss or maybe start training together. FYI, i'm a newbie with no experience at all in working dog training. do ring me at 0 1 2 4 7 2 7 2 2 5!

P/S: Looking forward for working dog training!

Regards;
inkid

leeeejoe
Dog Kichi

Apr 1, 2008, 10:13 PM

Post #12 of 15 (14761 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kid] BITE SLEEVE [In reply to] Can't Post

i'm actually from penang originally, but have settled down in KL, i plan doggy for schH training but...its a long long way to go...coz he's only 7 months old...so...i'd rather work on getting his drives crazy first for easy training later on...just let a puppy be a puppy...hahahaa...my dog's colour is dark sable..one ear still dropping down as he's oversized so..probably take a bit longer to go up..coz it goes up and down up and down..he's heavy, so...just a bit worried that his legs may have trouble coping up because he's really really oversized...the breeder??hmmm...as for websites...i think we better talk out side this forum coz...i think some ppl may get sensitive over this...ahhahaa..u've got my email right...ahahha..i dont know how to post pictures up in here, but u can go to my galleries to check it out...ahahha....
joe

(This post was edited by leeeejoe on Apr 1, 2008, 10:18 PM)

leeeejoe
Dog Kichi

Apr 1, 2008, 10:32 PM

Post #13 of 15 (14751 views)
Shortcut

tried posting a photo, failed,tried putting on my avatar, my avatar disappeared...LOL...forget it...
joe

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Apr 1, 2008, 10:41 PM

Post #14 of 15 (14746 views)
Shortcut

Hi Joe,

Not sure if its the same Rondo, but I've had the rare oppurtunity of watching an all black rondo work.

I think there's no harm in posting the url of his kennel...provided it appears Crazy.

Not sure if its the same kennel, but anyhow, the website's got some handsome dogs.

hardyhaus.com/
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

leeeejoe
Dog Kichi

Apr 2, 2008, 7:20 PM

Post #15 of 15 (14501 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] BITE SLEEVE [In reply to] Can't Post

oh...since thats the case, then yeah...i got my dog from hardy haus and sv germania..they're both partners..so...yeah....and the black Rondo is from them..he's a wonderfull dog, hopefully my pup will turn out to be like him...hahahaa...but i think it will take a lot a lot a lot of hardwork to reach that level, schH3, IPO3..and..now that i know donkey nuts about it...its gonna be even harder..hahahahahhaa....u can take a look, sv-germania.blogspot.com and hardhaus.com..so far, their GSD have really impressed me..hahahaa...the bitesleeves are from them and i'm thinking of sending my dog for training there...just to pass that damn BH first then only plan...ahhahahahhaa
joe

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my