IN

Home: Breed Specific: Toy Group:
Please help my dog Rocky (Pomeranian)..he has serious anal gland infection

rachel.ong
Novice

Mar 19, 2008, 1:01 AM

Post #1 of 8 (4362 views)
Shortcut
Please help my dog Rocky (Pomeranian)..he has serious anal gland infection Can't Post

Rockey is now 8 years oldhe start to has this Anal Glands disease since two years ago..

I have already regularly brought Rocky to the vet to empty the anal glands since 2 years ago but the infection keeps coming and becoming worse. Rocky is currently very terrified to go to the vet due to the pain. Could anyone please advise me on what else I could do to help Rocky?

I've been told by the vet that the gland can be removed through surgery but at the same time Rocky is very old and he has minor heart problem (coughing regularly). The vet mentioned that for surgery, anesthetic is required and Rocky might not be able to take it due to the heart problem.

Recently i found a medicines through internet called "PetAlive Anal Glandz"..it claims that it can aids in cleaning the anal gland area and also reduce pain..i try to find it in local but failed..does anyone of you know where can i get it? Please help me...I really love my dog very much. Wish to hear from anyone of you soon. Thank you.

Regards,

Rachel

zephyros
Canine Addict

Mar 19, 2008, 7:09 PM

Post #2 of 8 (4346 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rachel.ong] Please help my dog Rocky (Pomeranian)..he has serious anal gland infection [In reply to] Can't Post

sorry to hear of your ordeal. i haven't heard of the medication before. i'd recommend you do some research first before using it. there might be alternatives to it.

try looking here

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/shop.cfm?c=9547

rachel.ong
Novice

Mar 19, 2008, 9:20 PM

Post #3 of 8 (4339 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zephyros] Please help my dog Rocky (Pomeranian)..he has serious anal gland infection [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi zephyros..thanks for your reply...i'll check on that wedsite..thanks Smile

maspoms
Dog Kichi

Mar 29, 2008, 4:32 PM

Post #4 of 8 (3906 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rachel.ong] Please help my dog Rocky (Pomeranian)..he has serious anal gland infection [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Rachel

Hi this is peter here did you manage to get the medicine , i'm sorry late for the reply course just back from overseas for show

rachel.ong
Novice

Apr 3, 2008, 1:40 AM

Post #5 of 8 (3283 views)
Shortcut
Re: [maspoms] Please help my dog Rocky (Pomeranian)..he has serious anal gland infection [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your concern...i cant get the medicines..so sad..Rocky's condition did not improve...the worse part is he's getting blur nowadays..he cant differentiate day & night d..he'll woke up at 4am and keep walking in the room...we all so worry bout him...

Regards,
Rachel

maspoms
Dog Kichi

Apr 4, 2008, 1:13 AM

Post #6 of 8 (3209 views)
Shortcut

Dear rachel

Which VET you go ? maybe i can recommed for you DR. Burn 012-2783697

rachel.ong
Novice

Apr 11, 2008, 10:52 PM

Post #7 of 8 (3093 views)
Shortcut
Re: [maspoms] Please help my dog Rocky (Pomeranian)..he has serious anal gland infection [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Dear rachel

Which VET you go ? maybe i can recommed for you DR. Burn 012-2783697

Thanks Peter..but i just brought Rocky to UPM vets this morning...they do blood test n X-ray for him d...now hv to wait for the result lo...

maspoms
Dog Kichi

Apr 12, 2008, 3:42 PM

Post #8 of 8 (3070 views)
Shortcut

Dear Rachel

Don't worry so much , it will be fine if you have problem do call me at 016-2233549

thanks

regards

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my