WEIRDest 'SHITTY' problem...

Copper
Novice

Mar 18, 2008, 12:31 AM

Post #1 of 18 (6256 views)
Shortcut
WEIRDest 'SHITTY' problem... Can't Post

Hi guys,

My copper is progressing quite fine. though he gets a bit toooo hyper and he starts to bite like crazy and den he attacks my housemates toy poodle, Chinoz Cool. Sounds like a normal dog.... rite?Tongue

Today morning, i prepare his breakkie, he eats, i wash his bowl, put fresh water for him, put in the cage and get his bedding all comfy for him before i leave for work. in he goes and he gets comfy on his bedding. hmmm... my normal 'son'.

2 hours later, i get a msg from my housemate, COPPER SHITS IN HIS MAKAN BOWL with the water in it! Unsure (i even haf pic as proof and i would upload it but i dun wanna disgust you ppl even more! lol) y am i laughing?? i shouldnt but... sigh.

back to my problem.. y did he do it? Shocked dogs dun soil their sleeping area, let alone their makn area! so y the sudden behaviour? anyone with similiar experiences. he is quite obedient but he is extremely naughty. im not sure if this is a rebellious act on his behalf for me putting him in the cage.... hmmm? im dumbfounded.. literraly!

~Copper's shelled-shocked Mummy~

zephyros
Canine Addict

Mar 18, 2008, 1:57 AM

Post #2 of 18 (6249 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Copper] WEIRDest 'SHITTY' problem... [In reply to] Can't Post

if it's a one time occurance maybe cooper is just being a kid. as all kids when they don't get what they want, they will cause trouble.

another reason maybe cooper did not get enough exercise so you'll get all these strange behaviours also. there are many reasons but only u as the owner will be able to find out. look around coop's cage and see if anything will cause him to poop there. what are you using to wash coop's eating bowl? anything that contains ammonia? some soap does.

Copper
Novice

Mar 18, 2008, 6:15 PM

Post #3 of 18 (6141 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zephyros] WEIRDest 'SHITTY' problem... [In reply to] Can't Post

Soap... hmmm. im using sunlight soap. the usual green liquid one i use to wash all my other dishes. his bowl is a crystal glass bowl so i ddnt think it would make a difference as smell rarely sits on glass compared to plastic. but maybe im wrong. as for the cage, nothing unusual. he usually poos in his usual corner and it goes strait down into the tray. plus the cage was nice and clean. i just washed his bedding summore. hmmmmph! makan bowl of all places !sigh.

as for the exercise... he is super hyper la.. so due to all that pent up energy, i always make it a point to take him outside the appartment corridors for a game of chase. cuz he is so tiny, after 3 times running up n down the stretch of corridors, he gets tired and just sits down chewing on my toes or on Chinoz (housemates toy poodle, same age).

Weird behaviour. i hope he dun do it again. but thanks for the reply. at least i can see some insight to the problem now.

~Copper's Mummy~

zephyros
Canine Addict

Mar 18, 2008, 6:25 PM

Post #4 of 18 (6136 views)
Shortcut

then might be just a one time thingy. maybe he was throwing a tantrum or something. my maltese does this pooping JUST beside his poop tray. as in literally RIGHT next to it... so i can tell when he's being a kid.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 19, 2008, 5:12 PM

Post #5 of 18 (6047 views)
Shortcut

i think he's being a bit cheeky.. gotta see how it goes. the dogs at my place sometimes pee in the food bowl also. So i take it away and only put it in when eating time.

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

Copper
Novice

Mar 21, 2008, 7:21 PM

Post #6 of 18 (6026 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] WEIRDest 'SHITTY' problem... [In reply to] Can't Post

ACSYEN!! i heard you met chinoz! yet to meet Copper huh. anyway, i have to take copper to the docs tomoro for vaccination. so far he dun shit in his bowl edi but he is duin it outside in the hall.. he knows his potty area.. and he goes there without us telling him.. but he must leave one surprise outside in the hall or near someones room door or house door or sumtin!

sigh. anyway, Chinoz has tick fever,. anemia and god knows watever else! i tink its coppers fault and now i just feel so bad. its cuz of me n my lack of care that copper got a tick and now it has gotten Chinoz sick! Chinoz has diarehea and like does it everywhere! so kesian.. sigh.. our dogs and their shitty problems!

chrislimyy
K9 Kaki

Mar 21, 2008, 8:32 PM

Post #7 of 18 (6020 views)
Shortcut

m...poo thing...sure is surprising though..but no use in blaming copper...haha...it's the tick's fault...by the way, when you bring him for the vaccination, remember to give him either the 9 in 1 or the 10 in 1 ya...you can refer to the vaccination table at the other forum...Smile...but anyhow, your copper is really one in a million...haha...so CUTE in his WEIRD actions at times...haha

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 21, 2008, 8:43 PM

Post #8 of 18 (6018 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

yes i met your chinoz the uptown boy.. he is so cute. So sorry to see that he is sick. i think you better keep a close eye on copper also just in case the tick fever gets to him. For anemia get some liver and boil it for them to eat. it will help increase the blood count. do keep me updated on his situation and hope he recovers soon.

Copper
Novice

Mar 21, 2008, 8:47 PM

Post #9 of 18 (6018 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrislimyy] WEIRDest 'SHITTY' problem... [In reply to] Can't Post

oh gosh CHRISLIMYY.. you tink its cute?? Shocked im dying here with his behavioral problems. he is soooo naughty! Mad

He bites and is too agressive. he pounces on Chinoz and i know for a fact its not playing. then i so sakit hati when my housemate marah him, cuz its like my son you geting angry with but at the same time i cant do anything cuz its true wat.. he naughty. must marah rite!? Crazy he does not listen, he bites very very painful, he knows where to pee and poo yet he'l do it outside anyway regardless of you telling him no! he knows how to sit, stay, lie down and occasionally he does the 'shy' trick, but if he knows you dun have a treat to give, he gets so angry he takes a chunk of your fingers with him! Unsure

i know that its a normal thing for puppies to bite la this la that la.. but it is just so upsetting cuz its like, CHINOZ can behave... y cant he? Chinoz is proper and obedient, y cant he be the same? Chinoz is manja and does not haf agressive issues... y cant copper be that too? i feel like im not doing good in disciplining or im not giving him enuf love? Crazy i dunno la!

Im planning to take him to penang with me for a much needed vacation, but im scared he don behave la. cuz Chinoz is coming along too.

~Copper's stressed Mummy~

chrislimyy
K9 Kaki

Mar 22, 2008, 1:44 AM

Post #10 of 18 (6005 views)
Shortcut

well...my pup used to bite my fingers when he found out that i do not have treats but then it's not really painful though..but nonetheless when he bit me, i will whack him and yell a big NO...as he grows, then he tends to know how to differentiate playing and biting...now he knows how to gently tuck the treats i have in my hand for him, trying to avoid biting my fingers...it's hard to admit but then sometimes whacking really does the job, especially when he is naughty...bring a cane with you to penang...but make sure he understands that the cane is used to whack him before the trip...start using it now...but don whack too hard la...Smile

Copper
Novice

Mar 23, 2008, 4:04 AM

Post #11 of 18 (5881 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrislimyy] WEIRDest 'SHITTY' problem... [In reply to] Can't Post

Yup.. whackin does help i spose. its like lil kids.. rite? buti sakit hati la after i smack him on the mouth... i feel lik oh gosh, wat haf i done! lol. anyway, i went to the dr edmund klinik in puchong. but dr edmund was busy doing a surgery so i met dr yap instead. did a 9 in 1 vaccination for the fella.

theres one thing im not too sure bout tho, when i lift copper and i touch under his armpits, he cries lik he is in pain. but wen i ceck.. nothing la.... how come ah? any experience? im getting quite scaredto lift him up now. Frown

I'll do wat you did with your doggie. hope copper picks it up soon that biing is a definate no no! cuz chinoz mummy is getting quite upset with coppers agressive behaviour!

~Copper's Mummy~

chrislimyy
K9 Kaki

Mar 23, 2008, 4:34 AM

Post #12 of 18 (5877 views)
Shortcut

hurts when u hold his armpit?m...did he fall down or something?did u tell the doctor bout the prob?coz i ahve never came across this before...perhaps problems at the joint or something...if it is still like that then better u bring him to the vet to check though...Unsure

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 23, 2008, 6:01 PM

Post #13 of 18 (5850 views)
Shortcut

Yes Dr Ed was in a major op yesterday. I went twice never see you there also..Haha.. Anyway Dr Yap is also a good doctor. He'll be opening his clinic in Klang soon.

I dun feel bad when i whack them cos if the dog senses it they will not be scared. And if they feel guilty after kena whcak they won't do it again. Most dogs dun even feel it and will continue doing the same thing. Wink

Copper
Novice

Mar 24, 2008, 6:52 PM

Post #14 of 18 (5801 views)
Shortcut

i was there bout 1 something pm. i oso never saw you. oni saw one shit zhu and one dog called sasha. silky i tink.. not sure tho. anyway, the pain oni after seeing the doc. now so far not so bad la.. but if it does persist im definately taking him back. i did the 9 in 1 and he cried and cried and cried. Crazy i felt so bad.. poor fella.

probably he was still feeling sore after the jab. doc said he'll fall sick but so far so good. no signs of weakness or watever. and i gave him one pill, no worms in poo.. i shall start with heart gard after 3rd vaccination is it? dr gav me a good thorough explanation but i was bit confused during the heartgard part. wasnt payiing attention cuz copper was biting my fingers! (what else is new!) Tongue

oh, i decided against bringin copper to penang, as one i dun wan to expose him outside too much since he still in the vaccination stage and two, since chinoz mummy not coming now, i tink she can help baby-sit. Laugh

~Copper's Mummy~

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 24, 2008, 7:25 PM

Post #15 of 18 (5799 views)
Shortcut

eh... that is my dogs le.. shih tzu cross called meow meow and a silky mix schnauzer called tasha/sasha.. but i dun think i am there at 1pm.. so strange.. haha..

Copper
Novice

Mar 24, 2008, 10:06 PM

Post #16 of 18 (5784 views)
Shortcut

your dogs...? lol. i saw a guy calling the dog sasha.. the dogs came out from a room. jumped on me for a while cuz i was so excited when i saw them. then they strtd sniffing at Copper and he got scared so i had to put copper away from them before anything else happend. lol. so at least i met your dogs.. yet to meet you. Smile

~Copper's Mummy~

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 25, 2008, 2:08 AM

Post #17 of 18 (5766 views)
Shortcut

eh... can't be mine then cos nobody brought my dogs out. Must be mistaken then. Went to vet's just now he ask me to remind your friend to check on Chinoz's condition closely. Hope we meet some day.. Smile

chrislimyy
K9 Kaki

Mar 25, 2008, 8:00 PM

Post #18 of 18 (5697 views)
Shortcut

hey...find one day we have a gathering la...but not so soon...perhaps a later date...i bring my dogs down to kl to meet you all...Smile

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my