Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Current Dog Related Issues and News:
my dog suffering while boarding at petshop

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

jacksontan
Novice

Jun 18, 2008, 4:09 AM

Post #76 of 79 (5025 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Veanne] my dog suffering while boarding at petshop [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear All,

First of all, 1st time read this thread, sad that a lot of people's dogs & pups suffer while boarding.

Anyway, sorry to restart this thread after so long. Need to ask a few questions. Has anyone boarded their dog at St. Angel Puchong before? next to Tesco.

It is a vet & shop. My dog was sick for 2 weeks (flu) after I got him home. He also started to have skin problems ( ie. skin breaks and lesions appears , like lost skins and bleeding. ) I mean all over his body. Taken antobiotics 2 weeks still not healed, that was almost 2 months ago. Now the spots & bumps heals but another appears.

I have yet to bring him to see another doctor. Just want to know if other people have similar sad story when they use St Angel?

You see, I cannot be 100% sure if he got the skin problem from the boarding but i am 100% sure the flu was from there. 5 days there and he stink like hell when I fetch him back. Plus lost weight also. All the other dogs there were medium to large dogs, mine was the only small dog there (pug). I could see he was real scared when I collected him. Could hardly recognize me. Pls let me know ok? Thanks.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 18, 2008, 5:12 PM

Post #77 of 79 (5002 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jacksontan] my dog suffering while boarding at petshop [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that your dog has gone through a bad experience in St Angels. I have not personally experienced anything from that clinic but my friends have and it is not a good one. I personally do boarding so what I can give you is only a guide on how to choose a boarding place.

When placing a dog at a boarding place there is always a risk that they might catch any disease or sickness from other dogs so the onli way is to make sure that your furkid has got all it's vaccinations updated. Even when taking your dog out for a walk or an outing also there will be a risk. It is always good for you to see tha place of boarding before deciding on choosing the place. Then you can see the cleanliness of the place and also the condition of other dogs there.

Speak to the assistant not the boss or owner over at the boarding place to see whether they take the dogs out for a walk and how often they clean up. This way you will have a better idea on what your dog will be going through.

Personally i think very few vets take the dogs for walks that make the dog traumatised as they are in the cage the whole time and also they get dirty from the faeces and urine they lie on. This applies to pet shops too. Many will promise that they take the dog out for walks a few times day. I just feel that they wouldn't be so free to do that. Another thing you have to check is the ventilation there. Aircon is not good especially when there are many dog as the air circulates in the room and if there is a virus around it will jsut affect every dog. Best is there are exhaust fans and fan blowing the inside air out.

Next time you can try the Dr that i recommend you in Bandar Puteri or can call me Anyway hope this helps you..

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

cedriccheah
New User

Jul 23, 2008, 12:13 AM

Post #78 of 79 (4809 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] my dog suffering while boarding at petshop [In reply to] Can't Post

Did anyone know any bad experience with boarding at St Angel, Seri Kembangan? My experience on this branch is for their very good vets services to my furkid but I'm not sure about boarding.

My wife and I going for travel for 4 days so I guess I need to get my Uno to a safe place that someone can take good care of him.

ailinloh88
Novice

Aug 15, 2008, 6:15 PM

Post #79 of 79 (4731 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cedriccheah] my dog suffering while boarding at petshop [In reply to] Can't Post

Myself also have this kind the bad experience at 2 pet shop at subang jaya area , after came back sure sick , vomit and ticks problem . They were in a bad condition and had to send them to see the Vet. It was so bad till it had cost me abundance of problem .

I really sincere hope that it will not happen again as my baby have to go through such on ordeal. Never again shall i leave my babies to unknown hands anymore. So that's why i decided to establish home boarding to really care for these cute adorable babies may it be yours and anyone else.

Frown

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my