video of my chocolate- feeding n training

chocntat
Novice

Mar 9, 2008, 12:20 PM

Post #1 of 3 (5017 views)
Shortcut
video of my chocolate- feeding n training Can't Post

hello,

just want to share a video of me feeding n training my chocolate at the same time..

not really successful this time.. hahah

i guess i've got a long way to go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whs941OoJz0

zephyros
Canine Addict

Mar 17, 2008, 5:38 PM

Post #2 of 3 (4770 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chocntat] video of my chocolate- feeding n training [In reply to] Can't Post

haha your chocolate has a very nice bark!

ok noticed a few things u did that might have confused your dog.

u were saying stay, then no, then stay etc. so it's kinda confusing. To your dog, it might be thinking, should I stay or NOT. So what i might suggest is keep asking chocolate to stay, and avoid using "no".

also if u want your doggy to stay while u are walking away, avoid having food in your hands which your dog can see. it'll make teaching easier.

and lastly, noticed that after your dog stole the food u still praised so...hahah. anyway i'd suggest using smaller treats, and use shorter period for stay at first. u want to encourage the right "stay" command. as soon as your dog sits, and u say stay, count to 3-5 seconds, then let your dog eat the small treat. repeat, slowly increasing the wait time. :D

good luck and looking forward to your next video!

chocntat
Novice

Mar 17, 2008, 11:16 PM

Post #3 of 3 (4731 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zephyros] video of my chocolate- feeding n training [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for the info. will try it next time..

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my