red little spots..... normal???

Copper
Novice

Mar 7, 2008, 7:56 PM

Post #1 of 9 (7130 views)
Shortcut
red little spots..... normal??? Can't Post

Hi all,

Copper my 3 month old silky is normal, happy, and hyper when it comes to chasing your feet and biting your toes! BUT, i have noticed that when ever i check his skin, fur, ears, eyes, etc... i've come across a couple of red tiny tiny dots around his mouth area, the edging of his ear and some on his body near the nipple and lower abdomen part. when i touch it, he doesnt react and when i observe him, he doesnt seem to scrath any of the areas infected.. only sumtimes he'll scratch his neck or ear, which i haf a funny feeling is due to ticks more than the red spots..

seeing that he looks normal, and does not react to it much, is this sumtin i should not be worried about? or sumtin that could be a problem in the long run? anyone facing the similiar issue??

~Copper's worried Mummy~

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 7, 2008, 8:53 PM

Post #2 of 9 (7124 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Copper] red little spots..... normal??? [In reply to] Can't Post

might be rashes.. or juz allergy reaction to the ticks if it doesn't go off shortly go see a vet.

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

Copper
Novice

Mar 7, 2008, 9:29 PM

Post #3 of 9 (7122 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] red little spots..... normal??? [In reply to] Can't Post

So i go se vet tomoro and check on,

1. vaccination

2. red spots

3. cough/flu/astma-choke like sounds

4. teething (he lost bout 3 tooth and i wanna see if he can safely eat his rmb's or not?) Sly

..... This is gonna cost a bomb isnt it?? lol

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 7, 2008, 10:04 PM

Post #4 of 9 (7120 views)
Shortcut

where are u staying? ur pup must not do vaccine yet. Not in good health now. teething is normal only no worries. they can still eat what they want. Should cost u below rm150(estimation) depends on which vet u go to. Your dog will need antibiotics. Did u check out the vaccine table i posted?

Copper
Novice

Mar 7, 2008, 10:23 PM

Post #5 of 9 (7114 views)
Shortcut

Ya acsyen, i checked it edi. i printed it out days ago to bring with me to check with the vet. lol. i tend to get a bit tooo ambitious when it comes to my baby.

Anyway, cant do vaccination when he got cough/flu? cuz he'l probably be on antibiotics is it? hmm.. okie, anyway, i was just wondering wat are the ages, they haf to go in for their vacinnes. My Copper just turned 3 months 2days ago. how? when i took him from the breeder, he already got a jab.. was on 22 feb 08.. next one will be....?

im new at this cuz b4 Copper, all my dogs and cats, were taken care by my dad! i just play with them oni.. now that Copper is my first pet and i am away from my parents, all responsibility is mine to handle.

~Copper's Mummy~

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 7, 2008, 10:36 PM

Post #6 of 9 (7111 views)
Shortcut

My vet has the table hanging on his wall.. if it's ur onli pet then go for 10 in 1 might be costly but definitely worth it when it saves his life. he shud be on anti biotics after that onli can vaccinate. Pups are vaccinated at 2 months old, 3 months old and 4 months old. Nothing younger than 2 months as the mum's milk has antibodies that will reject the vaccine. After all these vaccines next will be once a year. Talk to your vet on heartworm prevention best to start at around this time. You can do monthly or yearly but at this age is either monthly or half yearly. Monthly is by pills but half yearly is by injection. there's no such thing as monthly prevention and done by jab. Then I can be sure the vet who says this is lousy.. Have met few vets that say this already.. And I am disgusted as the medicine in the jab is the one used to treat mange not the real Pro Heart (the name of the heartworm vaccine)

Good to learn to take responsibility..

Copper
Novice

Mar 7, 2008, 10:43 PM

Post #7 of 9 (7109 views)
Shortcut

oooooooooooo... wow! this has cleared up so much for me! I understand so much better. before this when i go see vet, i just nod nod head lik bodoh fella Blush.. cuz i dunno much oso! lol!!

Thanks acsyen, you really helped loads, i'l update you tomoro! lol!

~Copper's Responsible Mummy~

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Mar 9, 2008, 10:00 AM

Post #8 of 9 (7076 views)
Shortcut

Oh, this is very normal for puppies to have. My Golden Amber & Dalmatian Faith used to have terrible red spots all over their body when they were just little babies. Amber would sometimes get a lots of it under her belly where she sweats & sometimes on her private parts most & where the skin is exposed. Faith on the other hand, was born with red spots ALL over her body including the head! It was quite terrible but it was inherited from her mother who was quite in bad shape. Her siblings had it too but hers was not as bad as the the rest of them. This is called, puppy pimples! Some pups, as they grow older, the pimples will vanish. Amber's vanished around the age of 6 mths but Faith went on for a very long time till a year old. This is a common skin condition for Dalmatians anyway... It's not a serious thing but it can be cured by creams or steroids. Faith used to take steroids all the time before dog events especially becoz her whole back would look so diseased & we wanted her to look her best. Steroids can get rid of the pimples as fast as up to 1 week. For creams, it will take much longer but what's the rush right? Unless you're bringing your dog for a fashion show to look good... The most important thing though is to keep that infected part dry at all times. Faith is now 2 years old & she tends to get pimples every now & then but we don't give her anymore steroids as it's not good & can damage the liver if not supported by pills. So, don't panic too much. For now, you can just bathe him with very light puppy shampoo, try to dilute it in warm water & then once a week, bathe your pup with aloe vera water. Just mix in aloe vera plant or gel in one bucket of warm water. It will help to soothe the skin but no guarantee it will help 100% lah ha... And then, just apply cream. One day, the puppy pimples will disappear but for now, you will just have to bear with them...

Copper
Novice

Mar 11, 2008, 5:05 PM

Post #9 of 9 (6983 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amber.Faith] red little spots..... normal??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yup yup.. im worrying too much. new mother. only son. lol.my other pets are my siblings cuz their mum n dad is my mum n dad.. this lil fella is MY own! lol. pimples huh? hmmm... well dr said it could be due to ear mites, but i wasnt too sure cuz ear mites can cause the tint red dots on his abdomen, n mouth area meh? lol..

anyway your explanation made more sense to me than wat the doctor said. so im just gonna observe him.. if it dsnt bother i'll chill, if he starts to get irritated, i'l do the aloe vera, cream thing.

Thanks Amber.faith

~Copper's relieved Mummy~

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my