Dog barks and howl all night <<<Please help>>>

hugo88
Novice

Mar 6, 2008, 10:43 AM

Post #1 of 9 (12821 views)
Shortcut
Dog barks and howl all night <<<Please help>>> Can't Post

Hi All,

I would like your help..i just got a puppy today. Its a english cocker spaniel. It is very playful but when i put it into the cage at night ..it starts barking and howling all night.

I m worried that my neighbors might tell something. I live in a semi detached single story house. Please help me as the barking and howling is unbearable.

thank you

BarkingMad
Novice

Mar 6, 2008, 5:18 PM

Post #2 of 9 (12811 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hugo88] Dog barks and howl all night <<<Please help>>> [In reply to] Can't Post

how old is your puppy? are you keeping it inside or outside? the puppy barks and howls all night because he/she is scared and lonely in an unfamiliar environment. maybe u can try bringing the cage inside your bedroom for the time being? the puppy will feel more secure with someone around and most likely wouldnt keeping making noise all night.

hugo88
Novice

Mar 6, 2008, 11:51 PM

Post #3 of 9 (12798 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BarkingMad] Dog barks and howl all night <<<Please help>>> [In reply to] Can't Post

hi...
thanks for the reply..
my dog is about 2 months old...i m keeping her outside because the cage is big and also my mum doesn't like pets inside the house.

is there any other way to stop her from barking and howlin all night.

mum2jude
Enthusiast

Mar 7, 2008, 1:03 AM

Post #4 of 9 (12792 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hugo88] Dog barks and howl all night <<<Please help>>> [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes... one way of making sure she won't bark and howl at nights is to just sleep with her.

I'm sure she'll be happy and quiet then. Tongue

Either that or get another dog to keep her company. Smile
~~~~~~~~~~~
mum2jude
Chewy
Daisy
Ell
Fluffy

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Mar 7, 2008, 9:23 AM

Post #5 of 9 (12775 views)
Shortcut

What Barking Mad said is right. But the other thing also why she's making all that noise is becoz, no dogs want to be caged. I mean, do you? I don't think so. She's caged outside, in a new environment that she's not familiar with & some more, you guys are not there to accompany her. And you just got her...What do ya expect? Give her time but I tell ya, once the dog is given the chance to have fun outside of her cage, she will demand more to be let out. It's normal but the best thing to do is to ignore but I don't think that is tolerable right becoz the neighbors might complain. You will be able to find a solution really soon becoz you will understand her more than us.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 7, 2008, 3:25 PM

Post #6 of 9 (12770 views)
Shortcut

Cockers are a bit noisy. Esp when u restrict their freedom. Maybe you shud try practising with her more. Let her eat in the cage and get her to be in the cage more even in the day. If me i will whack the dog with newspaper. Wink

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

BarkingMad
Novice

Mar 7, 2008, 5:23 PM

Post #7 of 9 (12766 views)
Shortcut

there is no way you can stop the barking right away. try google "crate training" and you should be able to find alot of articles on this subject. oh, please dont beat the puppy.. she is just a baby and doesnt know anything.

do keep us updated on the progress ya.. good luck!

hugo88
Novice

Mar 7, 2008, 5:55 PM

Post #8 of 9 (12764 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BarkingMad] Dog barks and howl all night <<<Please help>>> [In reply to] Can't Post

hi all...

Thank you so much for all the advice you have given me.

I appreciate it very much

I will you all posted if there is any changes in my puppy.

Thank you

zephyros
Canine Addict

Mar 13, 2008, 9:31 PM

Post #9 of 9 (12253 views)
Shortcut

be glad yours is a cocker spaniel...god reading about puppies whinning all night long brings shivers down my spine when i think of my pappy. voice box is like high sharp tone pitch omg >.<

being a 2 month old puppy taken away from familiar environment, this is normal. it just need some time to get use to your routines. what was suggested is helpful. what you might want to keep in mind is, have a routine for your puppy. let it get use to you and the surrounding faster by having a routine instead of surprises everytime.

also, when your puppy is attempting something new like climbing up stairs, walking on grass or anything, give your puppy time and let your puppy learn by itself. do not force or push it. letting your pup learn and attempt something by itself will build it's confidence a lot faster.

also you mentioned your puppy is outside? hmm hope by outside it's at most in a enclosed or fenced area where people cannot just climb over your fence and pick the puppy up. it'll be very dangerous if so.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my