samkyl
Novice

Mar 5, 2008, 9:34 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1574 views)
Shortcut
Black Poo Can't Post

Afternoon,

Taking a short lunch break here to post up something

Jack is walked three times a day. First thing in the morning, evening and late night. And provided with food twice a day - morning and evening.

Now when it rains we cannot bring him out for walks so since he lives in the bedroom, we sort of monitor him and make sure we catch him in time to do it in the toilet. He pee in the toilet previously (like in the middle of the night).

impressively, he poo in the toilet as well, except for once on the room floor.

When I checked the poo is black. Like really black. For humans, it meant an internal bleeding somewhere inside your body.

For dog, I'm not sure. perhaps he tahan his poo too long?

Jack is walked again once the rain stop (almost immediately because JR needs alot of exercise n walk). His poo then, seems to be normal.

very strange ....Crazy

anyone have encounter such?

ps: when we cant walk him because is raining, we play a whole load of games with him indoors.

zephyros
Canine Addict

Mar 18, 2008, 1:44 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1538 views)
Shortcut
Re: [samkyl] Black Poo [In reply to] Can't Post

sometimes is just they are heaty. noticed that when on a very hot day for my dogs and when they are fed lamb kibbles etc. my maltese is VERY prone to heatiness. as soon as he touches lamb kibbles, his tear stains will come back with a vengence and his poop will get very dark almost black like. just my 2cents.

but if this is happening a lot then should consult a vet.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my