Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: General: Chit Chat:
Organizing a Dog Gathering in Redang Island (Sept 08)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

delonhinms
Dog Kichi

Mar 3, 2008, 4:05 AM

Post #1 of 200 (7531 views)
Shortcut
Organizing a Dog Gathering in Redang Island (Sept 08) Can't Post

Hi Guys,

Due to the love of dogs, i am planning to organize a 3 days 2 night trip to redang island this sept. there will be lots of fun to have our dogs running on the beach and not worrying of them getting hit by car or lorry or trains or aeroplane or ship bla bla bla Wink

I have dont have much detail on the trip yet cause i want to see how is the responce.

I need your support so that i can arrange for this trip. Kindly reply to this thread if you are interested.

You are welcome to add any suggestion.

Thanks

Regards

Delon

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Mar 4, 2008, 11:52 AM

Post #2 of 200 (7492 views)
Shortcut
Re: [delonhinms] Organizing a Dog Gathering in Redang Island (Sept 08) [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds fun! We're always up for trips with our dogs!

wooishen
Novice

Mar 5, 2008, 7:34 AM

Post #3 of 200 (7470 views)
Shortcut
Re: [delonhinms] Organizing a Dog Gathering in Redang Island (Sept 08) [In reply to] Can't Post

give us more info... i will join it...

The Greatness of a nation can be judged by
the way ANIMALS are be treated....

delonhinms
Dog Kichi

Mar 5, 2008, 6:06 PM

Post #4 of 200 (7456 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wooishen] Organizing a Dog Gathering in Redang Island (Sept 08) [In reply to] Can't Post

Great, currently i have 5 people (including me) who has confirm in joining this trip. i need to know how many of you are interested so i can make the bookings with the resort. I need around 20 people so that i can book the whole resort for ourself and our furry friends. I am trying to organize some games for us all too. I will only able to give you details when i have a confirmation of participants, then only i will speak to the resort owner. lets be patient and see if this thread will grow.

tanmoon

Mar 7, 2008, 4:40 PM

Post #5 of 200 (7422 views)
Shortcut

it's very nice and it sound fun to me. I'm from Melaka and just want to know how to bring my furry together. You all going by bus or driving?

musashi
ALPHA

Mar 7, 2008, 5:55 PM

Post #6 of 200 (7417 views)
Shortcut

I am interested to join you too provide the date does not clash with puppy.com's K9 day event ! A

nd I have another 2 friends with Chi Hua Hua and cockerspaniel.

I think it is not too difficult for you to collect 20 participant..woud like to hear some good news from you soon.

Blush I am the man with dog's name

delonhinms
Dog Kichi

Mar 8, 2008, 6:02 AM

Post #7 of 200 (7402 views)
Shortcut
Re: [musashi] Organizing a Dog Gathering in Redang Island (Sept 08) [In reply to] Can't Post

Great, i am very happy that there are some people responding to this trip.

There is a few things i have in mind for this trip, and if any of you have any suggestion, do let me know.

1. We have to limit the participants. Minimum is 20 people but i need to check with the resort what is the maximum capacity. I have spoken to a few resorts in redang and now awaiting for their answer. I will try to discuss the best deal and will share with you once i have a reply from them. Visit this thread regularly for new updates.

2. I don't plan to arrange any snorkeling or diving trip because we wont want to leave our furry friends in the rooms unattended right?. Please let me know if you disagree with this.

3. There will be games and competition which i am working on. I need some ideas from you all and some helpers during the trip. As you know, i am just a ordinary person who is organizing this trip, so i need all the help i can get. There is no sponsorship from any companies so its a big challenge for me. I need your support and help as i am doing this planning alone with my girlfriend.

4. I plan to invite a Veteneriar along just in case if there is any emergency. What do you think?

5. Make sure your pets are friendly to human and animals (which i guess most of your dogs are). I wont hold any reponsibility should there be any accidents among the dogs or humans. I know it sounds very silly to mention this but i have to make sure that everything goes well and all participants understand the terms and condition.

6. Do you want me to provide dog foods or you prefer to bring your own dog foods?. I can buy supplies for your dogs but the price will be accounted into the trip. I suggest we bring our own dog foods!. I am open to suggestion.

As for now, this is what i have in mind. I know its still not detail enough for you all, but as times goes and when i have some replies from the resort and participants, the master plan will come along. Outstation participants will have to come to KL because the departing bus station will be in KL. I sincerly apologize for this inconvience and i hope this will not stop you from joining the fun.

The dates for the trip is not finalize yet but it is confirm month of September 08. Reason is because this is the puasa month for the muslim so there will be less disturbance on the island. I cant think of any other months besides this. But if any of you have a suggestion, feel free to post it up and let us know why.

Ok, So i guess this is what i wanted to say. If you are able to make it for this trip. reply me, introduce yourself and let me know what dog breed you have so i can roughly know how many big dogs and how many small dogs will be joining this trip.

I love my toy poodle very much like my own kid. i cant wait to bring him to the beach and let him run like crazy heheheh Tongue

Thanks.

siu_ling
Novice

Apr 3, 2008, 4:04 AM

Post #8 of 200 (7265 views)
Shortcut

hey, ling here..kaka's mommy..this will gonna happen on weekend? fri to sun?

im worry one issue only, redang got quit a lot malay visitors ler...will this effect our furkids activities?

Veanne
K9 Maniac

Apr 3, 2008, 4:18 AM

Post #9 of 200 (7263 views)
Shortcut

are you sure we can have dog gathering in redang island...??? last month i called to a resort in redang island... they said they wouldn't allow me to bring my shiro...

my friend bring his dog to redang island before... she have been scolded by few malay visitor...

if you really confirm that the gathering is on... then counted me in too...

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

(This post was edited by Veanne on Apr 3, 2008, 4:35 AM)

hammy
Enthusiast

Apr 3, 2008, 9:31 AM

Post #10 of 200 (7233 views)
Shortcut

dude, count me in

myzanordin
ALPHA

Apr 3, 2008, 5:45 PM

Post #11 of 200 (7185 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hammy] Organizing a Dog Gathering in Redang Island (Sept 08) [In reply to] Can't Post

Personally, I dont think we will have any problem in the accommodation part. Many resort owner are married to Mat Salleh, so, they are more open minded. Once, a Malay dog owner brought their toy poddle there and they had no problem (they must had smuggle the dog in bag while riding on the boat)

The only problem, I foresee, is getting there ia. Will the boat owner allow furkids on board. Mind you, most of the boat owners are Malays....how? Unless, we book a private boat.

siu_ling
Novice

Apr 3, 2008, 6:16 PM

Post #12 of 200 (7178 views)
Shortcut

I brought Kaka to Cherating beach before, the resort's owner is a dog lover, she welcome our furkid to stay at there, follow below link to see some pic we toke, (its a chinese forum, you can juz view the pic ^^)

http://www.lovdog.com/...5&extra=page%3D1

janthk
Canine Addict

Apr 3, 2008, 10:45 PM

Post #13 of 200 (7137 views)
Shortcut

COunt me in. I have a medium and a large dog.

delonhinms
Dog Kichi

Apr 4, 2008, 9:14 PM

Post #14 of 200 (7043 views)
Shortcut
Re: [siu_ling] Organizing a Dog Gathering in Redang Island (Sept 08) [In reply to] Can't Post

SUII LINNNGGGG!!!!!!...finally you have showed up. i was wondering where can i find you in puppy.com. where is natalie?. :P

Dun worry guys, the resort owner is a chinese. dun have to worry about the malays, i purposely organize on sept because its the fasting month. those buggers wont bother us cause they wont have the energy for holidays. as for the boats, the resort owners have chinese ppl operate it. all i need is your support. i guess we almost have enough of people already.

Is it possible that all the ppl who have replied to this thread meet up on the 20th April 2008 (sunday)?. i want to arrange a pre-meeting to know each other. venue will be at Bandar Utama Central Park at 11am. bring your furry friends along. i will try to get the pakage price before 20th april so that we can roughly discuss on the trip.

actually, i got this inspiration from sui ling picture where she took her dog to cherating. hehe.

delonhinms
Dog Kichi

Apr 4, 2008, 9:14 PM

Post #15 of 200 (7043 views)
Shortcut
Re: [siu_ling] Organizing a Dog Gathering in Redang Island (Sept 08) [In reply to] Can't Post

SUII LINNNGGGG!!!!!!...finally you have showed up. i was wondering where can i find you in puppy.com. where is natalie?. :P

Dun worry guys, the resort owner is a chinese. dun have to worry about the malays, i purposely organize on sept because its the fasting month. those buggers wont bother us cause they wont have the energy for holidays. as for the boats, the resort owners have chinese ppl operate it. all i need is your support. i guess we almost have enough of people already.

Is it possible that all the ppl who have replied to this thread meet up on the 20th April 2008 (sunday)?. i want to arrange a pre-meeting to know each other. venue will be at Bandar Utama Central Park at 11am. bring your furry friends along. i will try to get the pakage price before 20th april so that we can roughly discuss on the trip.

actually, i got this inspiration from sui ling picture where she took her dog to cherating. hehe.

myzanordin
ALPHA

Apr 4, 2008, 10:29 PM

Post #16 of 200 (7036 views)
Shortcut

Count me in. 2 small breed and one medium size. 2 hoomans....One more thing, is it going to be during school holiday? If yes, u can count another hooman and 2 furkid in....

delonhinms
Dog Kichi

Apr 5, 2008, 5:43 AM

Post #17 of 200 (7017 views)
Shortcut
Re: [myzanordin] Organizing a Dog Gathering in Redang Island (Sept 08) [In reply to] Can't Post

alright hooman, if you can try to make it for this month gathering in bandar utama okay?

Thank you hooman and woomans. :P Laugh

i try to make the event on friday saturday and sunday. so some of the working adult dun have to take leave.

(This post was edited by delonhinms on Apr 5, 2008, 5:47 AM)

delonhinms
Dog Kichi

Apr 5, 2008, 8:23 AM

Post #18 of 200 (7008 views)
Shortcut

Dear members,

This is the rough itenery:

Location Redang Island (Kuala Terengganu)

Event Date To Be Confirm
Package 3 Days 2 Nights Me & My Pets
Seat Available 40 Seats
Departing Location Jalan Genting Kelang

Package Inclusive of
  • 2 Ways VIP Bus from Kuala Lumpur - Merang Jetty
  • 2 Nights Accommodation in Standard Room
  • 2 Buffet Style Breakfast
  • 2 Buffet Style Lunch
  • 2 Afternoon Tea Break
  • 1 Buffet Style Dinner
  • 1 BBQ
  • 3 Snorkeling Trip around Redang Island
    (1 Trip to Redang Island Marine Park) - to be confirm
  • Me & Pets Challenge
  • Free Group T Shirt

(This post was edited by delonhinms on Apr 5, 2008, 8:36 AM)

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Apr 6, 2008, 6:39 PM

Post #19 of 200 (6930 views)
Shortcut

yeah....Can I join u guys? me n my dog-Sabrina(Toy Poodle).

our dog is allowed to swim in the sea ar?

(This post was edited by luv_leehom517 on Apr 6, 2008, 6:53 PM)

delonhinms
Dog Kichi

Apr 6, 2008, 7:53 PM

Post #20 of 200 (6920 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luv_leehom517] Organizing a Dog Gathering in Redang Island (Sept 08) [In reply to] Can't Post

okay, just to list down the participants. below are the people who is interested to join.

1. Amber faith x 1 pax

2. Wooi Shen x 1 pax

3. Tanmoon x 1 pax

4. Musashi x 3 pax

5. Sui Ling x 2 pax

6. Veanne x 1 pax

7. Hammy x 1 pax

8. MyZonardin x 1 pax

9. Janthk x 1 pax

10. Luv_leehom517 x 1 pax

11. Natalie x 1 pax

12. Delon x 2 pax

13. Ah Meng x 2 pax

Total participants. 18 participants.

We are still welcoming more people.

haha, Dogs are allow to swim in the sea but make sure you keep an eye on her

(This post was edited by delonhinms on Apr 6, 2008, 8:15 PM)

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Apr 7, 2008, 4:39 AM

Post #21 of 200 (6897 views)
Shortcut

can i know wats the hotel name?n adult more or children more or furkid more?n confirm the date edi ar?

Veanne
K9 Maniac

Apr 7, 2008, 9:03 AM

Post #22 of 200 (6882 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
  • 3 Snorkeling Trip around Redang Island
    (1 Trip to Redang Island Marine Park) - to be confirm

hehe... dogs snorkeling with us...??? can't wait this day to come.. hehe.. dunno shiro will be happy to see dogs around or not... haih... today shiro and i being chased by other dogs again...Unsure shiro will hide behind me whenever he see other dogs...Crazy haih...

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Apr 7, 2008, 7:19 PM

Post #23 of 200 (6860 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Veanne] Organizing a Dog Gathering in Redang Island (Sept 08) [In reply to] Can't Post

dog snorkling wif us? the dog maybe will sink la.....need to buy her a life safety jacket?

siu_ling
Novice

Apr 7, 2008, 8:04 PM

Post #24 of 200 (6859 views)
Shortcut

Ok. I will be there lar on 20 April. I will let Natalie know as well.

Actually wanted to let you know about this earlier on but dunno how to tell cause I see you soo excited on it, if depart on Friday..maybe I cant make it ler...Anyhow will double confirm you on this, dun sakit hati first yea ^^..

(This post was edited by siu_ling on Apr 7, 2008, 8:12 PM)

Veanne
K9 Maniac

Apr 7, 2008, 11:25 PM

Post #25 of 200 (6834 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luv_leehom517] Organizing a Dog Gathering in Redang Island (Sept 08) [In reply to] Can't Post

haha... of course they will need to weae a life safety jacket too... provided IF they are going for snorkeling with us... haha... dunno how they will look like...

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my