Silky coughing like having asthma

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

babymiki
Enthusiast

Mar 1, 2008, 2:24 PM

Post #1 of 30 (3331 views)
Shortcut
Silky coughing like having asthma Can't Post

she used to have such cough before...but after seeking dr. yeoh's advice she's all right according to him. but now the cough is back -.- and im sick worried

Frown*~Germaine's Dogster~*Frown

Frown
*~Meeko's Dogster~*Frown

Frown
MY Blog FrownFrown

Frown MY Friendster BlushFrown

FrownI love my darlings Germaine, the Silky Terrier and Meeko, the Miniature SchnauzerFrown

supermutts
K9 Senior

Mar 2, 2008, 8:53 AM

Post #2 of 30 (3319 views)
Shortcut
Re: [babymiki] Silky coughing like having asthma [In reply to] Can't Post

jz giv it more time lor... if e'thing else is fine, no cough or poo blood, eat well, no fever, no weak weak... sure will be ok..... Laugh

No Buying! No Selling! No Breeding!

Don't Lost your dogs!!
Please make sure they are safe at home!

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 3, 2008, 4:44 PM

Post #3 of 30 (3312 views)
Shortcut

cough will take some time to go away. Just give it more time. Do look out for other abnormalities like sudden change of behavior or even refusing to eat. Then you have to worry otherwise he'll be fine meanwhile you can feed him wt either honey or glucose water to increase his immune system.

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

chrislimyy
K9 Kaki

Mar 5, 2008, 3:12 AM

Post #4 of 30 (3295 views)
Shortcut

for the time being, do not feed her any treats or sweeties...and do not feed her cold food...Wink

Copper
Novice

Mar 7, 2008, 8:10 PM

Post #5 of 30 (3266 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrislimyy] Silky coughing like having asthma [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh dear...

Copper oso coughing couging like got asthma attack Unsure and it could probably be cuz b4 she makan the chicken a bit cold cold cuz after it thaws over nite and i run it under the water, its still cold mah! lol.

anyway, i was about to post one topic up bout my Copper coughing and sneezing but luks lik it could be like you said chrislimyy, COLD FOOD! I have been dipping his raw chicken in HOT water for 3 secs just before i serve him now.. hope this does not mean the bones are considered cooked bones! is it?? And i hope he stops coughing now that his food is always warmed up nicely b4 he makan..

~Copper's Mummy~

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 7, 2008, 8:47 PM

Post #6 of 30 (3262 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Copper] Silky coughing like having asthma [In reply to] Can't Post

i doubt it.. might have kena cough.. lately the virus is around a lot. Many dogs kena sometimes also got flu wt discharge from nose. See doc eat antibiotics. Easily transmittable as it's airborne.

chrislimyy
K9 Kaki

Mar 7, 2008, 9:21 PM

Post #7 of 30 (3261 views)
Shortcut

i usually dip the meat in hot water efor 3 minutes before giving it to them...but it is better if u consult the doctor, coz last time my silky was coughing until cant bark...the next day i brought her to the vet for antibiotics...2 days later she seemd fine already...so, do consult the vet first!

Copper
Novice

Mar 7, 2008, 9:26 PM

Post #8 of 30 (3258 views)
Shortcut

ooo.. lik dat ah...

i see i see.. i'll go see a vet tomoro mornin.. cuz tonite by the time im done with work, VET oso would have been closed! hey guys, any recomendation to which vet would be the best to go too... someone that wont yell at me for giving my dog a BARF diet preferably. Unsure

i used to take him to the best vet in sban, but after he went on n on bout how dangerous it is to feed barf and how i may risk murdering my dog due to BAF, im just not sure anymore if he really IS the best. hmmph..

chrislimyy
K9 Kaki

Mar 7, 2008, 11:37 PM

Post #9 of 30 (3250 views)
Shortcut

acsyen recommended me this:

The vet's address is 16, Jln 5/8, 47100 Bandar Puteri Puchong. Tel : 03-8062 1038 Mobile : 012-326 3180 Vet's name is Dr Edmund. Te clinic is further in after Giant,Puchong. You will past Columbia-Asia Hospital on your left. go further in till you see Haier on your left on your right is a row of shop houses triple storey. The clinic is behind in double storey shop houses. Can call up for further instructions if you get lost.

Copper
Novice

Mar 8, 2008, 1:56 AM

Post #10 of 30 (3247 views)
Shortcut

Perfect!! It sounds God sent because i live in puchong.. Bandar Bukit Puchong. So should not be too difficult to look for the vet. Thanks so much ya!

oh... he mahal ah?

~Copper's Mummy~

chrislimyy
K9 Kaki

Mar 8, 2008, 2:09 AM

Post #11 of 30 (3245 views)
Shortcut

haha...according to acsyen, the price is average...but at least the service is very reliable...all her pups go there...my schnauzer will go there for neutering tmrw...am worried sick actually...haha...but i know he will be in good hands...cover him in prayer ya!Smile

Copper
Novice

Mar 8, 2008, 4:49 AM

Post #12 of 30 (3242 views)
Shortcut

Dear Lord,

Please be with Chrislimyy and his little schnauzer as they go see the doctor tomoro. Guide him, bless him, and strenghten him that they may both leave with a satisfied heart and best of all great health!

In Jesus name i pray,

Amen.

~Copper and Copper's Mummy~

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 8, 2008, 7:23 AM

Post #13 of 30 (3238 views)
Shortcut

Eh.. i didn't know u stay at puchong. i am going to the vet's tomorro. In fact i go there almost everyday. Give me a call when u going there maybe we can meet up there. hope u see this before you go. As for Chris dun worry bout your dog.. i'll make sure he is ok for you..

Copper
Novice

Mar 11, 2008, 1:01 AM

Post #14 of 30 (3166 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] Silky coughing like having asthma [In reply to] Can't Post

ALAAAAA... i ddint see it before i went !lol.. but anyway, cuz i was stuck in pj d next day, i couldnt take him to the one in puchong. so i took him to a dr dhillon in sek 14. again another vet that started on the whole 'y raw??? you wanna make life simple or difficult?" lecture. so i wasnt to happy at the end of the day and i really felt VERY downUnsure. for a minute there i started doubting my mummy capabilities..Crazy am i really being ignorant and making the dog suffer??

aiyoo.. i oso dunno. anyway, i hope your vet wont be barking at me for BARFING my 'son'. im definately headed to your recommended vet next! Wink

just to update you guys, the sek 14 dr said my copper boy has the signs of pneumonia! wat am i gonna do?? he dun lik to sleep on his comfy bed.. or on my lap for too long cuz he only likes the floor. i think he naturally feeling damn hot! so i think he caught a cold from there. cuz his food i always warm up.. and his raw chicken i dip in hot boiling water for lik 3 secs.. so everytime he makan, its warm, and i always give him water oso warm.. not hot, not cold. so i think its the floor.

everytime see him cough, i so sakit hati la. dr gave antibiotic in pill form. i have to give 1/4 after meals, twice a day. but so far nothing is happening. he still coughing and he has a massive runny nose. but he still jumping and running.. so i oso dunno la. :( the doc oso said, could be ear mites, and his breathing very bad, and my diet may not be giving him the actual nutrients he needs to grow with so thats why he falling sick and he oso said that i must deworm puppies every 21 days.. yes ah?

ps.. one day before i make a trip to the vet again, i'll makesure i let you know. meeting up would be great! and i think YOUR vet willl be great! lol

~Copper's worried Mummy~

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 11, 2008, 3:09 PM

Post #15 of 30 (3130 views)
Shortcut

deworm every 21 days?? Unbelievable.. I've heard of this vet before but I am not sure on whether he is good or not so i'll not comment on it. Basic thing is to confirm pneumonia only way is to take an xray. Did he take any blood cells to look under the microscope? His normal cough n runny nose will cure after about 2 weeks. Maybe you should read up a bit on pnemonia but it is very unlikely for your pup to get it. And BARFing doesn't cause that. Have a dog which has pneumonia but still takes BARF and it's recovering fine.

Copper
Novice

Mar 11, 2008, 4:55 PM

Post #16 of 30 (3121 views)
Shortcut

he gave a jab, and i dunno if that was him extracting blood or he was injecting someting.. he said its signs of pneumonia. but not confirmed. so i scared la.. he coughing lik got flame alot but he cant seem to spit it out so he often or not swallows it back and thats partly the problem i tink. his nose stopped running so im hoping the meds are working.

Thanks for being really encouraging.

~Copper's Mummy~

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 11, 2008, 6:19 PM

Post #17 of 30 (3105 views)
Shortcut

from what you describe it sounds liek just a normal infection and cough. The virus is everywhere so it's possible to get it even from walkign no the streets. Dun worry bout it. It should go off in bout a week plus. After she finish the medicine I think she should be fine to get her jab. Take care

Amanda85
Doggyman

Mar 11, 2008, 6:53 PM

Post #18 of 30 (3098 views)
Shortcut
Re: [All] Silky coughing like having asthma [In reply to] Can't Post

i thought this call 'kennel cough'...

my dog got it b4 too, after attending a dog show..

but no worries, after few days, it'll heal on its own....

try prevent taking antibiotics, it will juz worsen the immune system...

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

(This post was edited by Amanda85 on Mar 11, 2008, 6:55 PM)

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 11, 2008, 7:01 PM

Post #19 of 30 (3093 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Silky coughing like having asthma [In reply to] Can't Post

ya it's called kennel cough or bordatella. Heard there are vaccines to prevent this but I find it a bit pointless cos it's too common. Unless there's discharge from nose if not it's not necessary to take antibiotics. Just remembered that I read somewhere that can give vit c or honey water to boost the immune system.

Amanda85
Doggyman

Mar 11, 2008, 7:05 PM

Post #20 of 30 (3090 views)
Shortcut

sick of hearing all sorts of vaccine...

unless they came up with vaccination against cancer, then i'll go for it...Cool

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 11, 2008, 7:12 PM

Post #21 of 30 (3088 views)
Shortcut

let me know if there is. I also wan to go for it.. have got a different opinion on vaccines but i dunno if it will be too controversial here or not. Let me clarify with my vet. Someone mentioned that vaccines are not meant to be done yearly. Same like humans onli doing the mains one and a booster it shud last a lifetime. What do you think?

Amanda85
Doggyman

Mar 11, 2008, 7:18 PM

Post #22 of 30 (3085 views)
Shortcut

BoL.... my grandpa told me he had not vaccinated himself for more than 80 yrs....and now he reaching 90....n he live with me in urban area too....

talk about the advancement of science....

Pacco de Mongrel

(This post was edited by Amanda85 on Mar 11, 2008, 7:20 PM)

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 11, 2008, 7:32 PM

Post #23 of 30 (3080 views)
Shortcut

ya la.. then y must dogs be vaccinated yearly? It's not liek heartworm prevention. But if a research or even to search the word vaccine on dictionary it's meant to be done onli bout 2 times in a lifetime as the immunity shud be there. Same like chicken pox vaccine onli done twice n forever you can't get it.

osward
Novice

Mar 11, 2008, 8:35 PM

Post #24 of 30 (3070 views)
Shortcut

my one not like coughing lehh .. my one like kena chock and asthma !!! anyone incounter this issue ? it only happen when he drink or bath .. its normal ar . my friends tech me when happen seal the nose by hand and let it breath by mouth.. well it work laa but anyone know what happen ar? like kena chock and asthma !!! sound like this hiiiii hooo hiiii hoooo hiiii hoooo...

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 11, 2008, 9:10 PM

Post #25 of 30 (3065 views)
Shortcut
Re: [osward] Silky coughing like having asthma [In reply to] Can't Post

Hmmm.. there's a possibility of a collapsed trachea. if it's minor can juz leave it if manjor gotta do surgery. Need more explanation pls chk wt vet cos i also a bit blur on this.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my