Home: Members' Area: Members' Introduction:
hey! hey ! new forum-er here !

aaron2.0beta
Novice

Feb 29, 2008, 11:55 AM

Post #1 of 4 (593 views)
Shortcut
hey! hey ! new forum-er here ! Can't Post

Hi fellow dog lovers. I go by the name Aaron and reside in Penang. I came across this forum during my search for a basset hound puppy.

Iam planing to get one, as i absolutely adore bassies (picked up the nickname after reading through the hounds cornerWink) i think they

are the cutest most loveble dogs in the world ! In addtion, i read from a couple of sources that a bassie will make a good pet for

condos/apartments... even more great news. Was hoping all the k9 sifu's in here could help me out in, in terms of info such as

where can i get one ? and how much am i looking to pay for one.

Had a lab. retriver a few years back whn was staying in my grandmum's place, his name was lincoln really nice hansom lil bugger,

but because of it really playful nature it knock

my granddad over (not to wry he is ok ) I had to give it away but iam happy that he is happy in his new home in balik pulau.

I love siberian huskies, espcially those with diffrent colour eyes, Yeah ! but due to sum rules of my condo, i cant hav big dogs,

plus i wouldnt want it to be cooped-up in my condo.

so yeah,... so hope to hear frm you guys soon ! cheers !

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 29, 2008, 4:17 PM

Post #2 of 4 (587 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aaron2.0beta] hey! hey ! new forum-er here ! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hounds are definitely not the dog that you would want in an apartment. They need a big space to run and are also very active. Furthermore their bark will kill you. And bear in mind that they do howl. I am very sure soon there will be complaints from neighbours. Even I in a landed property cannot stand having a hound. have you done any research on this breed? Information is only a click away and can always get a lot of info on google.

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

mum2jude
Enthusiast

Feb 29, 2008, 5:13 PM

Post #3 of 4 (584 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aaron2.0beta] hey! hey ! new forum-er here ! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yup, what Yen says is true... Basset Hounds are LOUD!! and they need a lot of running around else will get too fat and have health probs. They also shed a lot of hair.

They might be short but they're pretty LONG... so when stand, can be quite tall. And very playful, mischievous, too. Frown

True that it's hard to resist their super sad, soulful eyes and their adorable faces. Tongue
~~~~~~~~~~~
mum2jude
Chewy
Daisy
Ell
Fluffy

aaron2.0beta
Novice

Mar 1, 2008, 1:40 AM

Post #4 of 4 (565 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mum2jude] hey! hey ! new forum-er here ! [In reply to] Can't Post

thankx for the replies . Yea i have actully, i read in a couple a places that a basset hounds would make a good apartment pet

because of the kinda laid back attitude. Iam not sure hoe correct these sites are that i found but that is wat i got.

yes... the Unsure eyes...awww.. i cant stand it... is like u cant say no to them.. hahahahaha..

any bassie owners here ? i would like to know how much is a puppy..?

p/s nice to meet you all !

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my