Brutally Kicked & Internally Damaged By Owner

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Feb 24, 2008, 1:45 AM

Post #1 of 32 (2253 views)
Shortcut
Brutally Kicked & Internally Damaged By Owner Can't Post

New neighbors moved in a year ago just opposite our house two doors up. There's these two people, one woman & one man, who look like sister & brother who adopted a mongrel pup few months back. They named it Bobby (they thought it was a male but it's a female) but we call her Poocha. She infact knows the name Poocha better than Bobby becoz they hardly call her.

Anyway, Poocha's owners are very very irresponsible people & Poocha went on heat at the age of five or 6mths old. She mated with three or four different male neighborhood dogs (they ALL infact belong to irresponsible owners who let them loose everyday including Poocha) & she got pregnant & gave birth to 4 puppies.

Two months later, the puppies are now grown & are now walking & eating solid food. They are also roaming the streets too becoz they can fit through their main gate which was not fenced up. Owners don't care if they get run over or not.

My mom & I like Poocha alot becoz she's quite cute & friendly for a mongrel. We feed her everyday becoz owners don't feed her, only once in every few days or once a week & we also sometimes let her in to our porch to hang out with the rest of our dogs. I even gave her a new collar to wear becoz her old one was disgusting & the clip was already broken. I have been playing the the pups too. They are so adorable but smelly.

Just three days ago, I met one of Poocha's 4 pups who is the smallest & weakest. He always gets attacked by the other three healthier & much much bigger pups when it comes to food time. He is infact I thought the cutest of them all but he was slightly diseased & have blood above his tail. I'm sure it was caused from the fights. He's a loner & he wonders around by himself. Poocha doesn't even play with him as much with the other three.

Anyway, my mom & I were preparing for a dog party yesterday when I heard a loud yap that came from one of the puppies. I thought, "oh it's just them fighting again" but after that, I saw the owner carrying a dust pan & throwing something out of her house. We thought she was just throwing some dirt.

But when guests started arriving & walked over there, they told me that there was a pup sleeping on the grass. I walked with my dog over there too to play becoz it's quite a big land & we always bring our dogs there to go toilet & all & then I saw the puppy lying down motionless right on the pathway where we & other people always walk. It looked like it was sleeping becoz it was still breathing but it was like, dead & limp.

I touched it & tried to wake it up but it wouldn't. I knew something was wrong becoz he was okay this morning & played with it. Even the other two days, he was fine & happy. Guests even saw it & it was just not a nice thing to see. I mean, how can you just chuck the puppy right on the pathway??? It was so sick!

It was already dying & we couldn't anything about it becoz the party was on & guests & dogs were coming & we had to watch over them. We were just basically too busy to help it or else, we would have brought it to the vet & euthanised it straight away. It was clearly in a lot of pain...

I went back home to get a plastic bag & when I came back to where the puppy was, I saw the grosses thing ever! Its sibling was trying to eat it! It was shaking & pulling it violently. I whacked the puppy to stop becoz the injured puppy was screaming in pain but couldn't struggle becoz it was like totally paralyzed.

I placed the pup in the bag gently & carried it in my arms to the other side, away from all the guests & away from the pathway. When I placed it down on the ground, the pup vomited large amounts of thick blood. I was like, "oh my gosh!" It was really horrible but the puppy was still breathing. I tried tapping its eyes but it was not blinking & its eyes was turning grey already.

I felt so terrible for the puppy & I can't understand why the owner would do such thing to this innocent fella. I've a feeling, the owner got very fed up of it for some reason. Maybe the puppy shat in the porch & she did not like it or maybe the puppy went into the house. The owners do not allow them in the house & always chase them out. But that evening she was really angry & then kicked or maybe stomped on it hard till it ruptured an organ inside it or maybe broke a rib & the rib stabbed one of the organs.

I couldn't do anything about it becoz I had to get back to the party & I just left it laying there. I left the bag open so that it could breath. When the party was over around midnight (6 hours later since the party started), I went to check on the pup again. It was still breathing! My gosh, what a slow & painful death it was for him. I felt so bad.

Honestly, I didn't know which was crueler. Leaving it suffering in pain for hours & hours OR tying the bag up & suffocating it straight away to end its suffering? Really, which one was crueler? But I couldn't do such thing of killing the pup like that! I was hoping that it will die faster. I have not checked on the pup yet today but I'm sure it has already died.

We will be bringing it to the dumpster soon becoz stray dogs will be coming to eat it it & maybe even its siblings & their mother Poocha will be eating the fella becoz they're hungry. We cannot blame them for eating their sibling but it's not a nice sight lah!

We dare not play a fool with its owners becoz I don't know what they are up to in their house. They live in a corner house. There are always big fights in there. Woman against man & then there are pretty Indonesian girls coming in to stay with them too. I honestly don't know what they are up to & doing. They are weird people...

Just two years back, we had a terrible fight with one of the irresponsible dog owners. They live just opposite us also & they are dangerous. It was so bad that we had to make a police report against them to protect ourselves, our dogs & our property. We really don't want this to happen again!

We're now not gonna play, talk or even feed Poocha or her puppies becoz we don't want to risk another one's life. I'm just gonna let them be. What ever they do, it's their problem. The owners might be angry also becoz we LIKE them. So maybe that's why she even killed that pup. And when she chucked it right in the pathway it was like her telling us, "Since you like the pups so much, here! Do something about this dead one." You know that kind of thing? Some owners don't like this. So, we will not disturb the dogs anymore.

Whatever they do to them, it's really none of our business. These people are not people who you can play a fool with. They are gangsters & can potentially be dangerous.

Ive attached a photo of the pup here. It was still alive when I took it. Don't worry, it's not bloody but if you can't take the sight of a suffering pup, please don't look.

http://i175.photobucket.com/...Tanduri/IMGP5155.jpg

Sorry for posting this picture here but I just wanted to show you, how heartbreaking especially when it's the pup that I played with three days ago, the day after & yesterday. And now it's dead.

I was trying to hold my tears back when I saw it so pathetically in pain & motionless but many guests already arrived, so I tried my best not to. All this happened on the day when we was supposed to be having a fun, happy & joyful time. I'm glad the pup is no longer in pain.

(This post was edited by Amber.Faith on Feb 24, 2008, 1:46 AM)

sirwin81
Enthusiast

Feb 24, 2008, 2:05 AM

Post #2 of 32 (2246 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amber.Faith] Brutally Kicked & Internally Damaged By Owner [In reply to] Can't Post

This kind of owner should/will/MUST rot in hell

chrisong
Doggyman

Feb 24, 2008, 7:52 AM

Post #3 of 32 (2231 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amber.Faith] Brutally Kicked & Internally Damaged By Owner [In reply to] Can't Post

So what is the moral of the story?

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Feb 24, 2008, 9:35 AM

Post #4 of 32 (2225 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Brutally Kicked & Internally Damaged By Owner [In reply to] Can't Post

Chrisong, do you have anything better to do???? You say that you have better things to do in my other post but, you seem to be going around replying all my posts & asking dumb questions. Are you purposely doing it or are you trying to push me so that I will get angry? Gee, god knows for what reason! That ain't gonna happen just for your info. I can't even believe you'd ask this kind of question too. I mean what is that supposed to mean anyway? You certainly have no feeling whatsoever about this pup. Hmm, maybe it's a mongrel that's why & you have no feelings for mongrels. You only like your beautiful Silkies. Sigh... Such a pity.

P/S: Those of you who don't know his Silkies, please click Peekaboo Silky Terrier link. His dogs are Champions. I help to advertise for you ok?

(This post was edited by Amber.Faith on Feb 24, 2008, 10:23 AM)

labradorfan

Feb 24, 2008, 10:23 AM

Post #5 of 32 (2214 views)
Shortcut

omg!Why in the world God let this people living on our streets?I feel so pity to the pup.Amber,I don't know what to say about these irresponsible and yet terrible owners.I cried after looking the picture of the puppy.It is a very sore sight to see this happening in our neighborhood.Let us all pray for the puppy to rest in peace.FrownFrownFrown

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Feb 24, 2008, 10:28 AM

Post #6 of 32 (2213 views)
Shortcut
Re: [labradorfan] Brutally Kicked & Internally Damaged By Owner [In reply to] Can't Post

Extremely sad. I can't look at the picture anymore becoz it's a very negative & depressing picture. Today, it's dead & it was stinking. Ants & flies were in its mouth & its body has stiffened. I tied the bag tightly & threw it away. The owners seem to be very quiet so suddenly & are like hiding in the house. Well, whatever lah! We're not going to disturb them... Poocha greeted us & was wagging her tail, waiting for us to sayang her but we just ignored. I don't want her or her other pups to get hurt or killed too becoz we want to care for them.

(This post was edited by Amber.Faith on Feb 24, 2008, 10:33 AM)

labradorfan

Feb 24, 2008, 7:05 PM

Post #7 of 32 (2206 views)
Shortcut

Yeah..Poocha n pups seems to be less loved coz the owners abandoned them,didn't care for them.At least something can be done to prevent the puppies from getting killed like being rundown by a car or being killed the stupid pathetic uncaring owners.It is a really sad case that this is happening more frequently everyday.Dogs were man's best friend.Now,where does this statement lies?

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Feb 24, 2008, 11:38 PM

Post #8 of 32 (2188 views)
Shortcut
Re: [labradorfan] Brutally Kicked & Internally Damaged By Owner [In reply to] Can't Post

We're gonna try & ask the owners if we can help & spay Poocha for free & then maybe find new homes for the pups. We will talk to them very nicely like as if, nothing happened. Like as we if we don't know nothing the dead pup. But if they don't want to spay Poocha or even let us find new homes for the pups, then we will not push them.

chrisong
Doggyman

Feb 25, 2008, 3:29 AM

Post #9 of 32 (2172 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Chrisong, do you have anything better to do???? You say that you have better things to do in my other post but, you seem to be going around replying all my posts & asking dumb questions. Are you purposely doing it or are you trying to push me so that I will get angry? Gee, god knows for what reason! That ain't gonna happen just for your info. I can't even believe you'd ask this kind of question too. I mean what is that supposed to mean anyway? You certainly have no feeling whatsoever about this pup. Hmm, maybe it's a mongrel that's why & you have no feelings for mongrels. You only like your beautiful Silkies. Sigh... Such a pity.

P/S: Those of you who don't know his Silkies, please click Peekaboo Silky Terrier link. His dogs are Champions. I help to advertise for you ok?

FYI, I owned few mongrel before I started owning Silkys. I was very young that time about 11. Both mongrels died of old age. Both of them are male name MAX & MIKI. I adopted both of them from a petshop at Kepong Baru (near Old Cinema & Wet Market).

Why want involved my Silkys? I just asking you question about the story you been telling us. Anything wrong? Why get so angry? I don't know where I offended you?

If you can't answer my question just leave it. I will never going to ask you second time.

Sorry if you think I try making you angry.Unsure

labradorfan

Feb 25, 2008, 4:22 AM

Post #10 of 32 (2168 views)
Shortcut

Yeah..I guess that's the best thing that we can do for Poocha and the pups.I hope the owners will agree for the sake of the pups' lives and Poocha.Good luck! Update us when you've confronted the owners k?

mickey123
Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2008, 7:19 AM

Post #11 of 32 (2149 views)
Shortcut

poor poor puppy... why there's people that's so CRUEL hope that they'll agree to let you spray the dog for them ... Unimpressed

supermutts
K9 Senior

Feb 25, 2008, 8:33 AM

Post #12 of 32 (2144 views)
Shortcut

i wana take a gun n' shoot the bastard's balls n' let him bleed to death.....

moral of the story... do ur part to reduce stray dogs, stop buying dogs, stop breeding dogs...

No Buying! No Selling! No Breeding!

Don't Lost your dogs!!
Please make sure they are safe at home!

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 25, 2008, 3:08 PM

Post #13 of 32 (2139 views)
Shortcut
Re: [supermutts] Brutally Kicked & Internally Damaged By Owner [In reply to] Can't Post

Exactly.. Stop BREEDING dogs is the message here.. No matter how clever or beautiful that dog is. Unless you are gonna keep it all yourself and can guarantee that they have the best future for the next 10++ plus years.

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Feb 26, 2008, 12:23 AM

Post #14 of 32 (2105 views)
Shortcut

My mom asked the lady today coz she can speak chinese & I can't. The lady was so so so happy when my mom asked whether she would like Poocha to be spayed (the lady who killed the pup seems to know what spaying is) BUT, she said Poocha & the pups are not her dogs. They are infact her boss's. The boss is the Chinese guy who lives in that house too, the one I was mentioning & she is his colleague (I told you they're weird people & I knew they were not boyfriend girlfriend) but anyway, she was very cooperative & she will ask her boss later. I just hope he will accept our offer. From the 1st day, she never liked or even touched Poocha. Poocha was adopted at the age of less than 8 weeks old, probably from a pet shop & it was the guy who was the one who got her. So, this lady was happy & was smiling that my mom asked her & I think, she can't WAIT to get rid of the pups! I can't wait to quickly get them out of there fast & get Poocha spayed soon before she goes on heat again & get pregnant.

(This post was edited by Amber.Faith on Feb 26, 2008, 12:28 AM)

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Feb 26, 2008, 5:27 AM

Post #15 of 32 (2075 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] Brutally Kicked & Internally Damaged By Owner [In reply to] Can't Post

Actually, there's no point in just stopping breeding pedigree dogs. Becoz, the stray dogs on the streets & from irresponsible owners will still be breeding & they infact are the ones who are getting killed more than the pedigrees well becoz, they're mongrels & many people just don't like mongrels. The most important message here is actually, STERILIZING (spay & neuter) your dogs! One male can mate & impregnate up to 10 bitches in his neighborhood in just a couple of months. The law should change in this country & ALL mongrel & mixed breed owners must be forced to sterilize their pets to make sure they do NOT breed again or else, the whole cycle starts again & again & again & it will never end. And stop breeding pedigrees is not going to solve the problem... People who want to breed pedigrees, there's nothing wrong. We are going to breed Amber & her pups will be sold (except one will be kept by us) to responsible owners. If they want to breed one of Amber's pup next time, go ahead no one is stopping them. But if they don't want to, I suggest them to sterilize their dogs too becoz they're not used for breeding. So most important is, ALL mongrels & mixed breeds must be sterilized to stop the population. Pedigrees that will not be used for breeding should be sterilized too.

(This post was edited by Amber.Faith on Feb 26, 2008, 5:35 AM)

supermutts
K9 Senior

Feb 26, 2008, 7:54 AM

Post #16 of 32 (2056 views)
Shortcut
Re: [all] Brutally Kicked & Internally Damaged By Owner [In reply to] Can't Post

well, it wasn't mentioned that only stop breeding Pedigree dogs .

what i meant is stop breeding dogs... meaning all dogs..
pedigree or not.... full stop.

as discussed in " ways to reduce strays " many suggestions were given,

"Controlled breeding"
even tho it is only wishful thinking, but still i hope someday it will happen in some country in this shitty world.

So far i have only heard that in NSW Australia, they are trying to "introduced legislation in state parliament that would outlaw the selling of cats and dogs in pet shops. "

You breed ur dog, u can never control the owner of your future pup, they can do what ever they like.

years down the road, if you happen to see a badly abused dog, and if u found out that it has the blood of the dog that u bred years ago... you should regret it...

No Buying! No Selling! No Breeding!

Don't Lost your dogs!!
Please make sure they are safe at home!

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 26, 2008, 3:15 PM

Post #17 of 32 (2049 views)
Shortcut
Re: [supermutts] Brutally Kicked & Internally Damaged By Owner [In reply to] Can't Post

Exactly.. What produces mongrels? I think everyone should know this. There are many accidental pregnancy among pedigrees and doesn't mean that they are preganted by the same breed and what do we get? Mixed breeds...they come from pedigrees after all. Controlled breeding is a good suggestion cos any Tom and harry will just buy a pedigree and breed breed breed. As if they care if their dog has any inherited disease or not.

Spaying is a must no matter pedigree or not. The moment I pick up any dog from the road side be it pedigree or not I will spay it a week after i do the vaccines. Not to wait and see if it comes on heat or not. Well someone just has to start this spaying program thing.. Don't have to wait for some big organisation to start it. If any strays get close to me I will catch, spay it and release it back. At least there's one less dog breeding out there. I have to congratulate the radio (Light FM) for creating awareness in spaying and neutering lately.

And yes I agree 100% that we can never control the new owner of the pups. Furthermore after selling they can always tell you that I have already paid you so why you care what I do to the dog. Who know the person you sell it to is a good one or not. And we can never guarantee that in the span of 10 years plus that nothing will happen to the owner that will make them give up the dog. 1 pup maybe u can say. The bigger the number the more possibilities that can happen..

Think I've said enough... And I love supermutt's quote 'No buying, no selling, no breeding'

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Feb 27, 2008, 3:29 AM

Post #18 of 32 (2013 views)
Shortcut

True but the only way to make them NOT breed again is to sterilize them. Look at Poocha's owner. They don't give a damn! If she gets run over, well, tough! Or if she gets pregnant again, well, just kick the puppies until they're all dead. Easy what for them! They can't even spend a little money to fence up their gate but can spend money on Astro. That's them... Almost 90% of dogs owned in Malaysia is males be it Pedigrees or not. And most strays on the road & mongrels being owned by people are males. I think they have this thinking where males are better. And they don't even neuter them! And the mongrels will be let loose on the streets, the mate with another mongrel bitch & voila, puppies again!

That's why I said in y previous reply, FORCE all mongrel & mixed breed owners to sterilize their dogs. Make them spend money on them like how the Pedigree owners are spending money on their dogs. Most people who spend alot of money on Pedigree dogs, will unlikely to let them roam the streets, not like the mongrels. BUT, they will either tie it up or cage it 24/7 & maybe abuse it. Pedigree owners will be more careful even if they are not sterilized. They will watch & make sure they dogs d not get accidentally mated with a male. We are very careful & I'm sure many here are too. Some mongrel owners are careful too but I find only very very few & I know you & Acsyen are. But if you can count, how many are there like us? 20% only Malaysia. The rest, all don't care.

We are thinking of the same thing too. We will tr to catch males & then neuter them & then put them back on the streets. At least we know they will not impregnate a female... But we won't be able to help all becoz we got to have time & money for it.

We will be very different from all the other home breeders here in Malaysia. Won't be so easy for the owners to adopt our puppies. They will have contract to sign & we will make them take care of the pups. We will be very strict. If one of the pups happen to be mistreated by the new owners, we will take the dog back. We don't care if they have paid for it already. We might or may not return their money back.

I would like Amber's generation to go on but we will try to tell them, not to breed the pups again just to make sure nothing bad happens to Amber's pups's pups... If any of the pups are unsellable, we will keep them for ourselves. No big deal.

mum2jude
Enthusiast

Feb 27, 2008, 7:29 PM

Post #19 of 32 (2000 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
... Most people who spend alot of money on Pedigree dogs, will unlikely to let them roam the streets, not like the mongrels. BUT, they will either tie it up or cage it 24/7 & maybe abuse it. Pedigree owners will be more careful even if they are not sterilized. They will watch & make sure they dogs d not get accidentally mated with a male. We are very careful & I'm sure many here are too. Some mongrel owners are careful too but I find only very very few & I know you & Acsyen are. But if you can count, how many are there like us? 20% only Malaysia. The rest, all don't care...

My Daisy's birth mum is a purebred Dalmatian who somehow, despite her careful owner keeping her in an enclosed garden 24/7, managed to get pregnant by an unknown male and gave birth to a litter of THIRTEEN pups. Her careful owner, not wanting mixed breed pups and THIRTEEN of them at that, managed to find homes for the 3 male pups within a month of their birth. Daisy was the first female pup given away - to me. The next day when I went back to her house, the other nine female pups were gone. No sign of them at all. I really doubt she managed to find homes for the nine of the remaining pups. She still didn't think that she needs to spay her pedigree bitch.
~~~~~~~~~~~
mum2jude
Chewy
Daisy
Ell
Fluffy

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 27, 2008, 7:56 PM

Post #20 of 32 (1996 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mum2jude] Brutally Kicked & Internally Damaged By Owner [In reply to] Can't Post

That's the thing people always think that they are giving maximum protection to their dogs while they are on heat. And I am guessing that the rest of the female pups might have been killed or sent to SPCA. I really wish that all unspayed females will get pyometra so that owners will learn to spay their dogs..

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Feb 28, 2008, 12:32 AM

Post #21 of 32 (1978 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mum2jude] Brutally Kicked & Internally Damaged By Owner [In reply to] Can't Post

When I meant careful, I mean owners being very very very careful. Strays can come through anywhere. Through the drain hole or if the house is not renovated, it's very easy for them to come it, or if the wall is low, they will try to jump over it. We keep our dogs in the house. That's how careful we are.

Accidents can happen sometimes. Like Amber last time, got raped by a mongrel while my mom was pulling out grass in the corner house. The male slipped through the drain hole & was having fun with her. None of them made a noise but good thing, they did not have a lock. These things are not like happening all the time & none of these was done on purpose.

There's a big difference between mistakes & don't care. But for most of the mongrels & mixed breeds, the owners don't care for them becoz they have no value. So, they get pregnant more & give birth more than the dogs that are owned by responsible owners. The 3 male pups that were already adopted, they MUST be sterilized becoz they are mixed breeds already & no way can they be used for breeding.

If your friend's Dalmatian is not used for breeding, she should also be spayed. Many people don't want females becoz they say they're dirty becoz they have period. Same thing with the humans. Most chinese especially from China treat baby girls like this... See, like I said in my reply, mainly males are being adopted out not females. Very sad isn't it? But it's the males who need to be sterilized more than the females becoz like I said, one male can get many females pregnant. But many owners with pedigrees or not don't want to do it coz they are very proud of their balls and/or maybe think that it's cruel and/or they are not bothered to spend money on them.

(This post was edited by Amber.Faith on Feb 28, 2008, 1:17 AM)

fartu
Dog Kichi

Feb 28, 2008, 2:30 AM

Post #22 of 32 (1960 views)
Shortcut

hi amber,

its sad that the pup has to suffer to extended hour. i guess the God or whatever up there want you to learn a lesson....i have came across such, and after that i make it a point to suffocate them. i think that is the best gift any human can give to them during that moment.

moral of the story as suggestion by a reply....human are cruel and heartless, we cant do anything to improve but we can try our best not to let ppls get dogs easily. and for free. stop irresponsible rehoming of dogs. i

mum2jude
Enthusiast

Feb 28, 2008, 5:17 AM

Post #23 of 32 (1954 views)
Shortcut

Yup, I agree with you... many people prefer males coz think no need to neuter coz not their dog getting pregnant!!

Actually, I'm the opposite. I only adopt female dogs. I find them cleaner... no such thing as peeing on my car tyres or marking their territory on everything. And yes, my girls have all been spayed with the exception of my new 3 mth old pup, Ell.
~~~~~~~~~~~
mum2jude
Chewy
Daisy
Ell
Fluffy

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Feb 28, 2008, 6:37 AM

Post #24 of 32 (1950 views)
Shortcut

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE with you! Females are infact the MOST easiest to care. We don't have to worry about spraying problem, dominance problem & other annoying problems that males always have & do. Yes, they go on heat but if you can't stand it, spay the dog. That's it! We've boarded a few males before & I tell you, ALL of them problem, If not barking problem, it is humping problem. If not humping problem, it is barking, spraying & fighting. Want to strangle them all! But ofcourse not every males are lie this but majority, they are. Not one male dog we rescued or boarded are as perfect as the females. My dogs & the other females, all okay. Only one female so far lah marking our whole house. Like male one that silly fluffy Maltese! So, I don't understand why many people like males better... Amber will be spayed after her 1st litter of pups & Faith will be spayed soon. The reason why we're holding it longer is becoz we don't want them both to become like Chloe. I you don't know who's Chloe or how fat she is, go & visit Amber's blog. Chloe was spayed too young at the age of 5 mths & she has become a lazy fat pig! Can't even get up properly from a down position, can't sit, always sliding down & can't even run for a few minutes. I never encourage owners to spay their females too young becoz now also, Chloe has got no shape, no hips. Not like Amber & Faith. She's straight like a sausage & is like a table. The doctor said you can hold it till 5 years old. So, we will try & hold it till that long if possible but if cannot really tahan (especially Amber, all that blood on her lovely long hair), then will do it earlier. Eh, I also notice that females always give birth to more males than females for some reason. Even Poocha's pups. 3 males (1 of them dead) & 1 female only.

mum2jude
Enthusiast

Feb 28, 2008, 4:53 PM

Post #25 of 32 (1930 views)
Shortcut

I usually wait til my dog has her first heat before spaying them. Chewy, my Rottie, has the tendency to get fat so I control her food very strictly. When I see her losing 'shape', I will cut down her food. Else, she'll have problems getting up, etc. and get hip/joint problems. That one will gasak however much or whatever u feed her. So instead of dog biscuit snacks, I give her a chew stick or fruits - apples, oranges, jambu air, whatever. Only fruit she doesnt seem to like is starfruit... we have a starfruit tree in the garden and she wont touch it. Haha... else, tree will be botak by now!!
~~~~~~~~~~~
mum2jude
Chewy
Daisy
Ell
Fluffy

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my