Home: Behavioral Problems: Peeing and Poo Problem:
Stop Marking!!!

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Feb 22, 2008, 9:57 AM

Post #1 of 7 (3720 views)
Shortcut
Stop Marking!!! Can't Post

Any of you here have male dogs that mark all over the house & places that you do not allow him to mark on? Well, here's a simple solution that will stop your dog from marking that particular spot once & for all!

The neighborhood male dogs used to pee on our main gate everyday becoz all of our dogs are females & when they go on heat, haiyoh! Pee all over! We just changed our gate to a new one & we don't want them to do it on our new gate too...

Anyway, the device that we use to stop them from peeing on our gate is, just a coke bottle filled with water. That's it! And guess what? No pee on gate for more than one month now. It's incredible!!!

We got this idea from a person who trains his dog at Taman Desa. He said his male Spitz used to spray all over his car wheels & all he did was just put a few bottles around his car & he totally stopped! I don't know why? It's so weird don't cha think... He said he even stopped spraying at his plants too & other places around the bottles. So cool!

So now, we have one bottle outside our gate & no pee on our gate, even car wheels & plants too. Glad that this person gave us this idea! You guys should try it out too...

(This post was edited by Amber.Faith on Feb 22, 2008, 10:00 AM)

chrisong
Doggyman

Feb 22, 2008, 7:00 PM

Post #2 of 7 (3708 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amber.Faith] Stop Marking!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Only coke bottle? 100plus, 7up & etcs cannot?

Wat if the male mark whole house? like sofa, house piller, bicycle wheel, car wheel & ects? Is that mean all also must put one bottle of coke beside it?Unsure

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 25, 2008, 9:59 PM

Post #3 of 7 (3678 views)
Shortcut

seriously? u mean the big coke bottle, filled with water? or will the small bottles also work? hmmm, can't find the logic in this method, but may try this next time if i hv a male dog in the house...

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Feb 26, 2008, 12:11 AM

Post #4 of 7 (3673 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] Stop Marking!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Exactly! I don't find any logic in this method too but it really stopped. I don't understand why... ANY bottle will do just as long it's filled with water in it. My dogs don't seem to be scared of it infact, Chloe likes to carry it & show it off to us. So, it's not scary but it just makes the male dogs not ant to pee near it.

bakamono
Enthusiast

Feb 26, 2008, 12:53 AM

Post #5 of 7 (3665 views)
Shortcut

hv seen ppl doing this trick years back. Must be good or else ppl will not do it. Sometimes it make me wonder if it's bcoz of the reflection of the sun on the bottle that frighten the dogs off. Don't think the male doggies are going to expose their most vulnerable part to something that looks like fire or hot.

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Feb 26, 2008, 1:00 AM

Post #6 of 7 (3661 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bakamono] Stop Marking!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hahahahaha! Maybe...

c3w78
Novice

May 24, 2008, 8:03 PM

Post #7 of 7 (3032 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for the suggestion, I will definitely give this a try Smile

My parents had to change their gate too, it was rusting cos too much pee on it (both from my own dog's, Comet & other male dogs that were coming to the house to pee on it!!). Crazy

I've actually bought those spray which is to prevent them from peeing on certain spots, looks like it helps a bit, but it tends to wear off quite fast and is quite pricey for a small bottle.

Hmm, dont have a problem with my bf's Rottie though, he only pees to mark when we take him out for walks but never at home Tongue.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my