Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
Please check out your adopter or buyer carefully!!!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Ginger1710

Feb 20, 2008, 6:51 PM

Post #1 of 66 (2973 views)
Shortcut
Please check out your adopter or buyer carefully!!! Can't Post

Hi,

I'm writing this to warn everyone of adopters or buyers that don't really take good care of dogs. Does anyone still remember that I let someone adopt my Golden, Ginger? Well, I'm planning to take her back, because when I went to visit Ginger at her new house (when the owner was not home), I saw that she was being kept in a cage, no water, no food.

At that time, the neighbor was outside feeding her two dogs, so I went over and asked her how he was taking care of Ginger. The neighbor said she pitied my dog, because the new owner keeps her in a cage everyday, from morning till night, without any water!

So I let myself in (who wouldn't?!) and let poor Ginger out. Once she came out, she jumped on me and then ran all over the place, playing with the other dogs he owns. She also wee-wee a lot of times (about 3 times in just 5 minutes!) and drank a whole bowl of water.

Furthermore, I'm going to complain about his kids also! Whenever, we go for a visit, his wife and kids never, ever, come out to greet us, how rude is that?!! Also, since letting him adopt my dog, Ginger has a lot of ticks (kutu) on her body, and she has also grown thinner!

At first, when we went to visit his house to check out the surroundings, he said that his whole family loved dogs, his wife would even bring back stray dogs from the road. So, we thought Ginger was safe in his hands because the whole family loves dogs and would probably treat her as their own.

So, please be careful when letting someone adopt your dog! For your information Ronnie_Ow, this person is your friend you told me that can adopt Ginger, guess you know his name.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone while writing this post, but not to Ginger's adopter!

I deeply regret letting him adopt my dog, and I'm getting her back! Please, please, pleeease check out buyers or adopters carefully!
Visit our website for dogs!
www.freewebs.com/bigpaws

joogyee
Novice

Feb 21, 2008, 12:31 AM

Post #2 of 66 (2953 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ginger1710] Please check out your adopter or buyer carefully!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

A big 'phew' to your Ginger! I am glad to hear that you will bring her back from that adopter!

To you it is only a pet but to him or her you are everything!

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Feb 21, 2008, 1:05 AM

Post #3 of 66 (2943 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ginger1710] Please check out your adopter or buyer carefully!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Aiyoh, poor thing... Glad you managed to rescue her in time. If I were you, if you love your dog so much & you can't bear to see your dog suffering, starved & in pain, I would never ever give her up, never ever! You can keep her in your apartment. There's nothing wrong just as long she's quiet & that you always bring her out for walks everyday. It's not much work in taking care of a dog who lives in an apartment especially big dogs. If she was my dog & if I was the one who rescued her, my heart would be so broken to see her in cage with no food or water & for giving her up to someone who call themselves dog lovers when they actually not. I know how you feel right now... I hope she will be in a good health soon.

Ginger1710

Feb 21, 2008, 5:17 AM

Post #4 of 66 (2921 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amber.Faith] Please check out your adopter or buyer carefully!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Amber,

I really, really want to bring her into the condo and let her stay, but the condo is only 1200 sq ft, not 4000 sq ft! My mom said that when she poops or pees, the whole house will stink. Furthermore, the fur will drop everywhere. Could you please tell me how to solve these problems? She's a golden, so noise is not a problem. Thanks!!

By the way, I really hate Ginger's adopter.
www.freewebs.com/bigpaws

mickey123
Enthusiast

Feb 21, 2008, 6:08 AM

Post #5 of 66 (2919 views)
Shortcut

poor poor ginger quickly go and take her back... have you found out whether is there anyone keeping dog in your apartment?? cause nowadays it's quite common to see people keeping dog in the apartment, altough it's not allow to have dog in the apartment.

This situation is like what I saw in my brother's housing area... The golden retriever always lock in the cage, everyone in that housing area pity that poor poor dog.. My brother wanna told that owner, if he doesn't like the dog, give / sell it to him.. cause really pity that poor fella, always lock in the cage with unhappy face..

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Feb 21, 2008, 6:58 AM

Post #6 of 66 (2910 views)
Shortcut

Your place is very small but why are you still considering in getting another dog which will be infact more work becoz it's a new dog or maybe a puppy you're getting which is worse & that you'll need to house break it & train it all over again. Why not just keep Ginger who is already older & who knows the rules in the house? Does your apartment have a balcony? Earlier I said, bring it out for walks. Train your dog to use the grass. Don't force it to learn on newspapers becoz it's so unnatural to the dog. It's very simple, just bring her to the grass. Or if cannot becoz you're too busy, bring the grass to her! Buy a patch of carpet grass & place it in the toilet or the balcony. You'll be surprised, dog's pee & poo not as smelly compared to a cat's. And if you clean it everyday, it should not be a problem...The place shouldn't stink up. I suggest you keep her or you'll be giving her away to another crack pot ya know? You wouldn't want that to happen to her again do ya after all that trauma she had with her new owner. You cannot trust anyone in this forum. Everybody could be fake. They talk like they have experience with dogs for years & that their dog has just died recently, all bullshit! Ask them to show pictures of their dogs prove it to ya, meet them, visit their house, check out the owner's family, ask them to sign a contract that they will take good care of her & then to make sure they do, force them to bring her for training & they must prove it. Say you ask the owner to bring her to training to Taman Desa every week. You go & visit her over there too to make sure the new owner is spending time & bonding with the dog. But still, don't give her up again. She really doesn't understand why you're giving her away. She feels betrayed...You're her mother & is like you abandoning her. So, please don't give her up. You'll need to figure out & find solutions on how to keep her in your small apartment but like I said, it's not that hard. What difference is there in keeping her & another new dog? Breaks my heart reading your post when she was mistreated by her new owners. Is her condition quite bad?

Ginger1710

Feb 21, 2008, 7:04 AM

Post #7 of 66 (2909 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mickey123] Please check out your adopter or buyer carefully!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

yes, actually, there is quite a number of people keeping dogs in my condo, my neighbor too! But all of them are like Shih Tzu, Maltese etc.

I really hate it when people mistreat dogs, especially my dogs! Did you know why he said he kept Ginger in the cage? He said because Ginger kept running out when he opens the gate, he has to keep her in a cage when he is not at home. So untrue! The neighbor told me that she was being kept like this everyday, from morning till evening!

Please, if anyone has advice for me, I'll gladly take it. But one thing is for sure, I'm taking her back, just don't now where to put her. Frown
www.freewebs.com/bigpaws

bakamono
Enthusiast

Feb 21, 2008, 4:10 PM

Post #8 of 66 (2898 views)
Shortcut

I am staying in a 888sq.ft. condo wz a Lab, an ESC and a mix TS. The Lab is already 24kg. What I do is to line the toilet (connected to washing area )wz plastic mats so that they will not bring in the wee wee on their paws back into the hse. and a big pail of water to clean it whenever they finish. As for the fur, well it's expected when u keep dogs inside the hse n u can't lack on the cleaning side. We have a big cage in the living room. It's for them to rest in whenever we need to sweep or mop the floor. They r so use to it that they will rest (wz door close) there until the floor is dry enough to release them. Whenever I take the Lab or ESC inside the lift, I'll have them on leash and muffle eventho they do not bite. This is to give confidence to other residents to share the same lift wz us (even the malays). Sometimes we need to do our part if we really love our furkids. I understand your mom's feeling on the fur thing as it's really tough work especially if she's a working lady. Share the burden n I'm sure she'll be fine.

Ginger1710

Feb 21, 2008, 5:31 PM

Post #9 of 66 (2893 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bakamono] Please check out your adopter or buyer carefully!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

You're so kind, thanks for the advice! I'll show this to my mom later, to persuade her to let Ginger stay with us. Thank you so much! May I know where you're staying? I'm staying in Penang, opposite Marina Bay Condo.

Thank you so much !(I just can seem to thank you enough, can I? Frown ) Hehe
www.freewebs.com/bigpaws

Ginger1710

Feb 21, 2008, 5:37 PM

Post #10 of 66 (2890 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amber.Faith] Please check out your adopter or buyer carefully!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Amber,

Actually, we wanted to get a small dog because we were not used to having the house so quiet and unlively. We wanted to get a min. schnauzer, fur does not drop and quite small size.

Yes, I know, I also feel like I'm abandoning her! Every time, after visiting her, she will whine and cry when I leave, so pitiful!

Thank you so much for the advice too!
www.freewebs.com/bigpaws

bakamono
Enthusiast

Feb 21, 2008, 5:57 PM

Post #11 of 66 (2887 views)
Shortcut

u r most welcome. I'm staying in one of the condo in kl side. V r prepare to move should the Mgtmnt or any neighbour call the DBKL onto us but so far there is no problem as a lot of units r having dogs as well. Get Ginger back n u won't regret it.

myzanordin
ALPHA

Feb 21, 2008, 6:56 PM

Post #12 of 66 (2882 views)
Shortcut

Ginger,

I live in a 948sqf apartment with 2 min. pin, one 15kg mixed breed and 3 cats - which is bigger than my adult min. pin. The dogs do their business in the toilet (of course they were trained since puppy). You can try the method suggested by Amber on how to train Ginger or take up Bakamono's method. Both could work. I understand that, bigger size dogs can be house broken much easier....

Cleaning your house is a must especially when u have furkids. I vacuum and mop my house twice a day..before & after work. U knw as what ppl say, furkids are our life long committment.....little sacrifice would not hurt, for Ginger isnt' it?

robros
K9 Maniac

Feb 21, 2008, 10:41 PM

Post #13 of 66 (2868 views)
Shortcut

I am deeply sorry that you had such a bad experience with the adopter of your golden. Feel angry too. These adopters can promise to look after your love one and then dont. Why adopt in the first place if they are going to keep in the cage all the time?

That is why certain ppl once hear got pedigree up for adoption, all rush to do so without thinking whether they are prepared or capable of being good owners.

Ginger1710

Feb 22, 2008, 3:56 AM

Post #14 of 66 (2843 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robros] Please check out your adopter or buyer carefully!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi everyone!

Mom is already a little "swayed", but don't know about dad yet...Unimpressed

Does your management complain about them?
www.freewebs.com/bigpaws

Ginger1710

Feb 22, 2008, 4:26 AM

Post #15 of 66 (2838 views)
Shortcut
Re: [myzanordin] Please check out your adopter or buyer carefully!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey,

Thanks to myzanordin for the advice. Mom said " You can clean up the fur everyday meh? So lazy....etc."
www.freewebs.com/bigpaws

mickey123
Enthusiast

Feb 22, 2008, 4:52 AM

Post #16 of 66 (2835 views)
Shortcut

well, first of all, don't angry first ar... what I think is that ginger's adopter might be right in one point. "she keeps going out" <<< she must be missing you a lot, plus she's so upset in the new owner's house, that's why she'll try to run away from that place..

by the way, if you can, take her back.. cause I know that no one will love her as you do.. cause you brought her up..

persuaded your dad by showing him that you're willing to work too.. ( I meant cleaning up the house)... cause my dad at first also doesn't agree to let my furkid stay in the house.. then, I swept the floor and clean the floor daily until he realized that the house is even cleaner after my furkid is here.. hahahaha... so, no more objection from him...

Ginger1710

Feb 22, 2008, 5:47 PM

Post #17 of 66 (2815 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mickey123] Please check out your adopter or buyer carefully!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Mickey123,

Thanks! I guess I'll be working my butts off!

I know, the adopter told me that Ginger keeps running off, so he has to keep her in the cage when he is not in. But when I went, his children were in the house and furthermore, the neighbor told me she was locked up in the cage EVERYDAY!!! Who wouldn't be mad?

Anyway, thanks for your advice. I'm sorry if I offended you by replying like that. I just want to clarify some things. Thanks again for the advice!Frown
www.freewebs.com/bigpaws

robros
K9 Maniac

Feb 22, 2008, 6:08 PM

Post #18 of 66 (2811 views)
Shortcut

Staying with your GR in a condo needs extra work so make sure you do your part to convince your parents that Ginger can stay. Bear in mind GR sheds a lot and you cannot achieve 100% furfree house.

I still think Ginger can be trained. I recently adopted a 3 year old labrador and the owner told me that she runs out. But from day 1, after I trained her, she never goes out the gate without being on the leash. Must train lar. Especially when a house got auto gate.

myzanordin
ALPHA

Feb 22, 2008, 9:26 PM

Post #19 of 66 (2799 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robros] Please check out your adopter or buyer carefully!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Robros,

How to train them not to run out from the gate unleased? I am moving out to a landed soon, and am quite worried bout kids running out, though, I plan to keep them indoor. Accident, does happen....

I cannot imagine them getting hurt or lost due to my negligence...

Thanks

robros
K9 Maniac

Feb 22, 2008, 10:23 PM

Post #20 of 66 (2789 views)
Shortcut
Re: [myzanordin] Please check out your adopter or buyer carefully!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

my style works with all my dogs. even those I looked after whilst their owners went on holidays.

1. stand outside the open gate with a roll up newspaper.

2. do not say or do anything at this point.

3. if the dog tries to breach the gate perimeter to come to you. whack the ground near to his feet and say no firmly.

4. if required, push him inside and sit him down. pat and praise him.

5. try sitting or standing around outside the open gate and if he still comes to you..repeat 3-4.

6. they get the hang of it after a while. they will realize that only with a leash, they have permission to leave the gate.

wish you luck

myzanordin
ALPHA

Feb 22, 2008, 10:26 PM

Post #21 of 66 (2787 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for the tip. It will be of practise soon. Great !

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 22, 2008, 10:42 PM

Post #22 of 66 (2779 views)
Shortcut

Another tip i can add is try this at the times when there are not much cars in case you missed catching your dog esp your small ones...

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

myzanordin
ALPHA

Feb 22, 2008, 11:32 PM

Post #23 of 66 (2775 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] Please check out your adopter or buyer carefully!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh yes.... of course....thanks...

robros
K9 Maniac

Feb 23, 2008, 12:21 AM

Post #24 of 66 (2772 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] Please check out your adopter or buyer carefully!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

It worked with my dogs but once I left my Rosy with my sister...when the auto gate buka, she zoom off. My sister chased for 2 streets before catching up with her. Suspect that she was trying to find her way back to us. After that incident, I have to get ppl to come feed my dogs while I am away.

labradorfan

Feb 23, 2008, 10:25 AM

Post #25 of 66 (2745 views)
Shortcut

OMG! Ginger,pls take back Ginger...So awful to hear that she's been mistreated...I'm also from Penang.My aunt used to have a dog in condo too! But the neighbors didn't make any fuss...As long as the dog did not make any loud noises and barking at ppl,then it is fine.But too bad,the dog has passed away quite long ago...Even though the space of your condo might be limited,Ginger shouldn't be a problem because you can take her for a stroll and I bet Gurney Drive there would be nice to take her for a walk.Peeing and pooing also shouldn't be a problem since she has been toilet trained,right?Ginger would be so much better staying with you rather than that pathetic cruel adopter! Wink

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my