Siberian Huskies & Samoyed breeders

ejt
New User

Feb 1, 2008, 1:37 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1640 views)
Shortcut
Siberian Huskies & Samoyed breeders Can't Post

Hello all,

I'm not sure if this is the right section to post but just thought I'd drop a note to ask if anyone knows of a good breeder of Siberian huskies or Samoyeds in JB. I've been lurking on this site for the last couple of months, as part of my 'research' on huskies and samoyeds - I find their personalities extremely attractive (stubbornness notwithstanding) and would like to have one as a companion. That said, I've had previous experience with a golden retriever and feel that the time is right for a new companion.

An option that I am inclined towards is adoption - it's difficult finding the right connections in adopting one locally, but I know that it is possible (barring the red tape) to do so from the SPCA in Singapore, and bringing it back to JB. I live in an apartment in Singapore (where I'm a graduate student working on my PhD) but return to my bungalow in JB once every 2-3 days - also, both my parents are retirees, so hopefully it's a viable arrangement. I've talked it over with my parents (dad loves dogs, mum is ambivalent), we have a vet as a family friend, and we live in a place with a fairly big garden (we plan to keep the husky indoors anyway) so hopefully all factors are pointing me in the right direction.

With that in mind, I'd love to hear from fellow forumers about getting a husky/samoyed in JB. I don't mind one from other states, if something can be worked out. There's this guy I see fairly often on Adpost who goes by the name of Derrick Lim who breeds huskies. I was wondering if that would be a good way to go about getting a husky here (in JB) - how much should I be looking at, in terms of price? Money is and will never be an issue, but at the same time, I don't want to be fleeced.

Many thanks and will be looking forward to suggestions!

Paige
Novice

Mar 17, 2008, 7:15 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1487 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ejt] Siberian Huskies & Samoyed breeders [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there.. Have you tried Exeline Pet Station? Its located in Gelang Patah.. They have many variety of dogs imported/local... Seen a few Husky pups a few weeks ago but not sure if its still available.. Maybe you can give them a call.. Supervisor name is Titan at 510-1369..

By the way, we are having a meet up for dog lover there next month.. 12th April 08 at 4pm.. You should drop by.. Maybe you can meet up with other Husky owner who can share their experience with you...

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my