Home: Behavioral Problems: Peeing and Poo Problem:
PUG PEEING

devilz14
New User

Jan 28, 2008, 8:56 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1333 views)
Shortcut
PUG PEEING Can't Post

I just got a pug which is a year old from a friend of mine.... he pees almost all over the place...from my sofa till my door....what can i do?i wana keep him inside my house, meaning to say...let him roam inside my house n etc...but if i cant teach him how to pee in the toilet or outside of the house...then i will keep him outside...or in a kennel...

please advice...what can i do?

Thanks.

LOGAN

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Feb 1, 2008, 11:26 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1307 views)
Shortcut
Re: [devilz14] PUG PEEING [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there! Well, it sounds like your Pug is marking. Becoz you mentioned he's a year old so he's no longer a puppy & I'm sure he's lifting his leg to do it right? No point you teach him to do it in one spot or in a cage or even make him stay outside, the moment he comes out fo the cage, he will still do it becoz he HAS to! This is the roblem with males & that's why we always preferred females eventhough yes, they go on heat all the time but still at the end of the day, it's the female who is less work. Anyway, you'll need to correct him whenever you see him doing it. Sometimes it's hard to catch him doing it. The other thin you can do is to make him wear underwear. They sell & it's like a corset which is wrapped around its tummy & it covers the weenie & you just put a pad there & problem solved! But this ain't gonna teach him to stop peeing all over the place... You'll need to bring him out for walks till he empties his whole tank. He will still want to do it in the house so the only thing is you have to catch him in time & scold or throw a small coke/water bottle filled with stones in it & throw it right beside him when he does it. That should give him a good shock!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my