Dandruff Problem..

mickey123
Enthusiast

Jan 28, 2008, 1:24 AM

Post #1 of 7 (3040 views)
Shortcut
Dandruff Problem.. Can't Post

Hi,

do you guys have heard of dog will have dandruff problem?? Crazy Recently I found out that my furkid has dandruff problem. I don't know whether it's the shampoo or her skin is too dry?? May I know what can I do to help her ?

joogyee
Novice

Feb 1, 2008, 12:22 AM

Post #2 of 7 (2984 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mickey123] Dandruff Problem.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Mickey123, I dun know whether Mickey SHih Tzu of mine having the same problem with yours, but it sounds similar too as Mickey also having a lot of danduffs when I adopted him from my relative, I brought him to the Vet and he said is Yeast infection and he is under medication and bath twice a week with medicated shampoo now.

An improvement has been seen on Mickey as less danduffs and less scratches now. As Vet said this is gonna take sometimes to heal so it is only 2 months since his 1st visit to Vet, I am assuming the medication is effective, anyway, still too early to say well this is my 2 pieces, just share with you, hope it will provide a little help!

To you it is only a pet but to him or her you are everything!

mickey123
Enthusiast

Feb 1, 2008, 12:34 AM

Post #3 of 7 (2982 views)
Shortcut
Re: [joogyee] Dandruff Problem.. [In reply to] Can't Post

oh.. Yeast infection is like dandruff ar?? But, know what, she had less dandruff now, even none??? strange.. I didn't do anything to her, but looks like she's clear with her dandruff??

may be of the shampoo?? cause I just finished my previous shampoo and change it to another brand..

by the way, thanks for your reply. Hope that mickey will recover soon..

(This post was edited by mickey123 on Feb 1, 2008, 12:35 AM)

joogyee
Novice

Feb 1, 2008, 12:45 AM

Post #4 of 7 (2978 views)
Shortcut

Oh..maybe the previous shampoo not suit him, good lar, at least you save a bit..haha, btw, what's the brand of the shampoo u use for your furkid now? Maybe I can give a try on Mickey..Smile

To you it is only a pet but to him or her you are everything!

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Feb 1, 2008, 10:30 AM

Post #5 of 7 (2965 views)
Shortcut

Well, there's two things that causes dandruff on the dog's skin. Either skin has got some infection or skin too dry due to shampoo, food or bathing too often. Have you heard of the medicated shampoo called Malaseb Well, you can go to any vet & ask for Malaseb shampoo. All vets will have it & it costs bout RM40 per bottle. It helps alot & you'll need to wash her or soak her in it twice a week for fast improvements. Also apply lots of conditioner or the oil which comes in capsules that are for dogs to help to male the skin & fur oilier.

mickey123
Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2008, 4:04 AM

Post #6 of 7 (2950 views)
Shortcut
Re: [joogyee] Dandruff Problem.. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Oh..maybe the previous shampoo not suit him, good lar, at least you save a bit..haha, btw, what's the brand of the shampoo u use for your furkid now? Maybe I can give a try on Mickey..Smile

eh.. actually, I just use the normal Purina shampoo.. that's all..

not special medicated shampoo..

by the way, this Purina shampoo's smell is not long lasting like the shampoo that I used. After bathing her, she'll get smelly again for the next day. When I was using my previous shampoo, she wouldn't get smelly for at least 3 days.. May be that shampoo is strong, that's why my furkid can't stand and have dried skin??? don't know.. ahhaha.. just my guessiing..

mickey123
Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2008, 4:05 AM

Post #7 of 7 (2948 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amber.Faith] Dandruff Problem.. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Well, there's two things that causes dandruff on the dog's skin. Either skin has got some infection or skin too dry due to shampoo, food or bathing too often. Have you heard of the medicated shampoo called Malaseb Well, you can go to any vet & ask for Malaseb shampoo. All vets will have it & it costs bout RM40 per bottle. It helps alot & you'll need to wash her or soak her in it twice a week for fast improvements. Also apply lots of conditioner or the oil which comes in capsules that are for dogs to help to male the skin & fur oilier.

Malaseb shampoo.. I'd jotted down.. I'll go and check this shampoo out later. Thanks..

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my