Teen Rebellion?

Bumper
Dog Kichi

Jun 4, 2003, 2:27 AM

Post #1 of 1 (782 views)
Shortcut
Teen Rebellion? Can't Post

Hi everybody,

My boyfriend Joshua got me a Golden Retriever pup for my birthday.

And Bumper is now a proud 6 months of age.

When Josh and I were living together, we had fun training the little dude the basic commands of sit, hand, and down. Not to mention stay.

Since then, I have moved back to my parents' place, both of us deciding that the garden was huge enough for this breed of dog.

We both work in advertising, therefore Bumper spends most of the afternoon with my Mum, and the early evenings with both Mum and Dad. I personally look to his training (at night or in the morning) as well as try to spend extra hours with him to make up for my absence. BTW< he sleeps with me at night as well.

In the past two weeks, Bumper has been demonstrating streaks of cheeky rebellion. I am not sure this has to do with the fact that he's phasing into his "teeny-bopper" years. But suspect that my parents being of the older generation treat doggies like, well, doggies.

I have debriefed my parents on what NOT to do with the dog, like: raise hands in threatening manner, or yell guttural voices when the right word is "NO" (to be consistent and therefore not confuse poor ol' Bumper).

Could somebody please enlighten me on what COULD be happening to me GR, so I can stop the damage befor it's too late?

He's still lovable and gentle when he's in the Saturday afternoon "lazy and calm" mode. But when he's active, he forgets commands, dashes away from you and can't even play fetch the way it is intended to be *grin*. Not all the time, but the change is there for sure.

Thanks so much in advance.
When I Grow Up I Wanna Be a Dog

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my