neutering a male puppy ?

dove
Dog Kichi

Jan 22, 2008, 7:17 PM

Post #1 of 17 (2256 views)
Shortcut
neutering a male puppy ? Can't Post

when is the best age for neutering ?

care to share the differences observed after the pup is neutered ?

myzanordin
ALPHA

Jan 22, 2008, 7:32 PM

Post #2 of 17 (2252 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dove] neutering a male puppy ? [In reply to] Can't Post

I neutered Basco at 6 mths and Pluto recently (he is probably 9-10 mths). For small breed (Basco is a min pin) they tend to reach their 'maturity' at an earlier age. Meaning the need to mate. So, by the time he was being fixed, he is already used to displaying this marking/territorial habit. Even nw, he cant kick off the need to mark (only now, its much lesser. He doesnt do it at home, only places with lots of dogs)

As for Pluto (mixedbreed) he doesnt lift his leg to pee...and hasnt started the marking habit...So, I guess, the best time is before they even display the habit...maybe 6 mths and below...

dove
Dog Kichi

Jan 22, 2008, 7:41 PM

Post #3 of 17 (2250 views)
Shortcut
Re: [myzanordin] neutering a male puppy ? [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks myza...

my macho boy is about 8 months, very strong and always bully lumpie.

was hoping that the neutering would stop his bullying.

coming back to getting a landed prop, which area are you in favour ?

TTDI, damansara kim, DU, taman megah ???

myzanordin
ALPHA

Jan 22, 2008, 7:53 PM

Post #4 of 17 (2242 views)
Shortcut

What breed is your macho boy? I assume you gt macho boy prior to Lumpie. Sometime, the bullying is a natural 'show off' to display who is the alpha of the pack. In my case - Basco, is the alpha. He is the 'leader' of the dogs and cats...He bullies everyone, including Pluto (who is double his size)...

His leadership is so 'proven', to the extend, no one touches their bowl, if he is not eating. But of course, with the title comes responsibility. He 'protects' everyone...would ensure everyone is in the room, before he sleeps (so sweet), otherwise, if we at the computer table till 2-3 a.m, he will be faithfully watching us. If we take the dogs out for walk, he will keep looking at the back, to make sure, everyone is there......the best and cutest thing is ..if i scolded the cats and dogs..all I have to do is raise my voice and he will be running to them ...scold, bark and and bite them...ha ha ha

House. Preferred area, sek 14, kelana jaya, taman megah, ss2..cant afford TTDI though...damansara jaya....sea park...

dove
Dog Kichi

Jan 22, 2008, 8:08 PM

Post #5 of 17 (2241 views)
Shortcut

macho is lumpie's bro.. their mom, a stray came and delivered 5 pups, two died..

out of the litter, only two of them have the sharpei folds.. while macho boy look like a short hair JRT.. lumpie's dad is a pure breed sharpei who often hangs outside my gate courting lumpie's mum when i come back from work.

it's quite a handful bringing them up.. but i dun have the heart to give them away and theyeventually became part of my family ..albeit my 'idiotic' neighbour's wrath...

dj is a nice area and pricey too.. hv u checked the real estate portal?

(This post was edited by dove on Jan 22, 2008, 8:25 PM)

myzanordin
ALPHA

Jan 22, 2008, 8:38 PM

Post #6 of 17 (2237 views)
Shortcut

OIc...that is very kind of u..I know how u feel. Ealier when we got PLuto, we put up a thread for adoption too. After speding some time with him, we fall in love with him and decided to make him ours as part of the 'one big happy family'...

So u have 3 sharpiex now..that is quite a handful..ha ha ha..hmm..having problem with your neighbour ha? Me, after being delivered a 'warning letter',5-6 members of the 'resident comittee' approached me last week. Told them I am moving for good soon..they apologized for having to meet me. Since, too many complaints received on my animal.....strata living konon !!! Urggghhh....

Yes, I have surf many property portal...so far, gt houses..only no budget !!! ha ha ..I missed a good buy last week. An end lot house at sec 14, 10 feet land..going for RM 215K...with a bit of refurbishment here and there..it will look fine...I love the area too...too bad, takder rezeki !

dove
Dog Kichi

Jan 22, 2008, 8:53 PM

Post #7 of 17 (2234 views)
Shortcut

aiyoh... never mind... rezeki is always there if u think positive..

i'll scout around for you..

f&&&###%%**** the residential committee.... they are pest too !!!!..

haha... i yam not the kind that f*** n swear... but when i see ppl with no love for animals...yuckkkkssssssss

myzanordin
ALPHA

Jan 22, 2008, 10:45 PM

Post #8 of 17 (2227 views)
Shortcut

Yup, that's how I felt that day. Slam the door on their face, serve them right ! Paid my maintenance fee accordingly, been a good apartment citizen and that's what we got !!! Sometime felt like a criminal, being watched 24/7... Kids not a barker. Occassionally get excited when playing or we got home..that's it!

Guess what we have in mind, on our last day, will take d kids for a parade at the swimming pool..will leave the resident and committee with good memory Mad..one of the comittee, once told my bfren, she has to giveaway her 7 year old dog because of her living in apt. WE told her, too bad that's u. We cant bear to be apart from our doggie. WOuld rather sell the house, than give them away.....there are part of our family......wld giveaway yr child away??

dove
Dog Kichi

Jan 22, 2008, 11:44 PM

Post #9 of 17 (2220 views)
Shortcut

yup... these pests deserve a big tight slap.. not a slam only!!! u r just too kind...

some ppl are just too petty.. for reason being they dun have much luv in their life to give away ... what more to furkids..

the early days of looking after them was tough... but it was fun..we got up at 3 am preparing their boiled chicken rice..and feeding them be4 i rush to work in kl.. good to see that they have grown up big, tough, very healthy and strong..

ms lump initially did have some skin irritations - my first vet gave steroids but there was no improvement in the skin condition. took her to dr ed (as recommended by yen), and her skin improved tremendously after being given antibiotics.. and she's getting longer coat now.. unlike her previous bristle texture ..

myzanordin
ALPHA

Jan 23, 2008, 12:20 AM

Post #10 of 17 (2209 views)
Shortcut

A kick on the butt, sounds better !! ha ha ha...oh my, my ....u wake up that early to feed them? I dont do the cooking, my bfren does. So kid's menus are designed by him...He is quite creative jugak...

I am the official 'cleaning lady' of the house. Clean up after them is a tough job too...now, that there have grown up, less poo picking and pee wiping ....lar..But house need to be vacummed and mopped twice a day. A dose of 'scented oil' will help to gives a refreshing scent to the house

just waiting for the day when Pluto stops his destroying habit. Wld love to have proper furniture at home..soon...

Pluto had bad b.o problem recently. My vet gave antibiotic and since then the smell diminished. Right now, he is bathed with Oat meal. It helps a lot...if not, aiyoo...can pengsan ...poor Pluto..His 'wrinklish' chin had to be throughly cleaned during his weekly bath..

dove
Dog Kichi

Jan 23, 2008, 12:53 AM

Post #11 of 17 (2205 views)
Shortcut

yup.. cos i want them to have freshly cooked food.....instead of processed kibbles...

poo picking is a normal chore and i dun feel 'geli' anymore..

hopefully the kids would stop their destroying habits soon...

lumpie does have b.o when she was having the skin irritations..now it's more of doggie smell...she looks unkempt unlike her prim and cunning sis with dalmatian spots or charming pluto... pluto looks quiet.. is he a barker ??

myzanordin
ALPHA

Jan 23, 2008, 1:12 AM

Post #12 of 17 (2202 views)
Shortcut

No. He doesnt bark at all..for any reason. Except when we got home. He will bark non- stop until I touch him..and his bark is really deep and big..when someone approaches the door, Basco will start barking and he will hide under the bed....(can u believe that)

Pluto is shy, timid and quite. So, he doesnt show his true color infront of strangers....at hme, he is not at all...timid or shy. He is bubbly and happy around his 'siblings'....Will always expect some pat on his head and will always follow me around...very manja.....a bit hard to communicate, sometime. He sometime run away from me when being approached... Y? I am also puzzled....

But all this behaviour is not shown outside from home. Cos when we are out of the house, he is very dependent on me. Will always have eye communication and he makes sure he is near me...

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Jan 25, 2008, 9:30 AM

Post #13 of 17 (2172 views)
Shortcut

Best to neuter a male puppy when its testicles are fully developed & descended. Usually by the age of 6 to maybe 8mths, the male's testicles should be fully descended. If not, then male will have to go through a bigger surgery to remove testicles inside it before it develops & becomes cancerous.

dove
Dog Kichi

Jan 26, 2008, 4:13 AM

Post #14 of 17 (2137 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amber.Faith] neutering a male puppy ? [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for ur advice amber mae.

on one hand i thot of getting him neuteured, on the other hand i feel responsible for making him a eunuch..
FrownFrown

dove
Dog Kichi

Jan 26, 2008, 4:28 AM

Post #15 of 17 (2136 views)
Shortcut

i think all sharpeix-s bark loud.... and sometimes damn piercing to the ears, cos my beauty lumpie can actually throw her vocals to the highest pitch...

pluto is surely one dr jekyll and mr hyde.. or the other way round..hehehe....

Pluto really charms one through with his goodie boy-next door looks....and his good nature.... yes, all sharpiex are not cunning, this is what i have learnt - they are easy going.

myzanordin
ALPHA

Jan 26, 2008, 7:15 PM

Post #16 of 17 (2111 views)
Shortcut

Yeah, I know...boy-next-door look. I have a pic of him with a bow tie...so adorable, like a church choir boy..very kwai -kwai...

The piercing, extremely high pitch sound...yeah, yeah....I notice, when he wants to be heard....Can Ms. Lumpie do sme gymastic act? Ha ha..my Pluto can do 1001 style.He can twist his head in many ways (while standing)..to bite his tail or hind leg...Will send him to represent M'sia for the Olympic Beijing...He can also win the loudest 'snore' too..he he he ..

dove
Dog Kichi

Jan 27, 2008, 6:19 AM

Post #17 of 17 (2104 views)
Shortcut

hmm... pluto wearing a bow tie - damn charming la ur furkid..

beauty lumpie is drooling kekekeke..

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my