Home: Behavioral Problems: Barking & Growling Problems:
Puppy growling at owner

May
Old Hand

Apr 10, 2002, 12:23 AM

Post #1 of 12 (8423 views)
Shortcut
Puppy growling at owner Can't Post

My puppy growl at me whenever I take her toys away. She never does that before but now she has changed. Sometimes she will bark at me at no reason especially when she's on the 'down' position and stare at me. What's wrong with her?

Derrickok
Novice

Apr 10, 2002, 12:43 AM

Post #2 of 12 (8418 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May] Puppy growling at owner [In reply to] Can't Post

You should be asking yourself this problem. The reason is very simple. You have not given enough QUALITY time to your puppy. As it grows up it has considered you a 'stranger' or 'competitor'

May
Old Hand

Apr 10, 2002, 12:49 AM

Post #3 of 12 (8417 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Derrickok] Puppy growling at owner [In reply to] Can't Post

So what should I do??? Normally I go to work at 7am and return home at 7pm. During this time my Mum will look after her. Usually I'll groom her before I go to work and when I return home. I also take her for walk at night.

Please let me know whatelse I should do.

Derrickok
Novice

Apr 10, 2002, 1:21 AM

Post #4 of 12 (8412 views)
Shortcut

You have 2 choices.
(1) Instead of grooming her before you go to work spend that time to play with her. Cuddle her. And instead of taking her for walks at night, cut short the walking time and spend the remaining time to cuddle her and feed her with kibbles on your palm 2 or one piece at a time.
OR
(2) Send her to me and I will re-programme her.

May
Old Hand

Apr 10, 2002, 1:28 AM

Post #5 of 12 (8410 views)
Shortcut

I have been hand feeding her for sometimes. Ok will try to spend more time cuddling her.

Any fees for re-programming ar???

Derrickok
Novice

Apr 10, 2002, 1:40 AM

Post #6 of 12 (8409 views)
Shortcut

I remember a member was saying that nothing is free in this world. If you are interested, perhaps you could visit home page of puppycom and bring your puppy for boarding and I could then at the same time re-programme her for you.

emmanual
Dog Kichi

Jul 10, 2002, 10:18 PM

Post #7 of 12 (8373 views)
Shortcut

Hi.

I have bulldog which is 53 days old.
Yesterday I gave him the first injection.He was
growl & try to bite our hand when we touch him.
Previously he does that when we play with him but yesterday it looks very serious bite.
What can we do to this.
Do you train dogs.

Waiting for reply

Emmanual
019 - 3043150

cdmoo
ALPHA

Jul 10, 2002, 11:18 PM

Post #8 of 12 (8367 views)
Shortcut
Re: [emmanual] Puppy growling at owner [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,
it's not uncommon for pup to develop slight fever or uneasiness after injections. u may observe it for a few more days.
Pls. use the 'search' function in the forum , there r a few topics relating to dog-training / biting..

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

jason
Enthusiast

Jul 15, 2002, 8:03 PM

Post #9 of 12 (8349 views)
Shortcut

Hi Uncle Derrick,

As you know, I just moved to a new place. My two boxers seemed cannot settle down Unsure They were barking on anyone unfamiliar to them and made my night terrible! Especially when my neighbours came in and out of their home. I scare they will complain later ... One of my elder boxer even barked at me when I was going out to work. She really scared I will leave her behind Crazy. So, this problem will end after a period of time or what should I do? Unsure Please advise and thank you.

Regards

ear;docked tail;born 11/2001.

scym1981
Novice

Apr 15, 2004, 5:50 AM

Post #10 of 12 (7418 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jason] Puppy growling at owner [In reply to] Can't Post

do you want to know wats in your dogs mind??

maybe a device can helps you to get to know wat actually your dogs is barking for??

is it happy , sad, want to play, frustrated....Smile
ho...ho...ho uncle toby is here!!!

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Sep 15, 2004, 5:49 PM

Post #11 of 12 (7021 views)
Shortcut

hey derrick,

i have an 8 weeks GR. she is ok. sometimes very nice. i work from 9am - 5pm. i spend time with her after work. sometimes she will go into amok position. start growling and want to bite me. but she never does this to my husband. and he spent less time with her. i cuddle her and stuff. like this morning. she was playing with her toy and then suddenly i am not sure what happened, she growled and wanted to bite my hand when i tried to pat her. i then push her head down on the floor and let her stay there, she struggled but eventually stop and return to normal. her 6 in 1 jab is only due in 3 weeks. is that the problem?

anything i can do about this? if i need to reprogramme her, i will. but is 8 weeks too early to tell? she gets much exercise and generally a happy dog - as i can provide for her, so i am not sure what is the problem. can't sent u the private message but u can email me ur charges at

thanks

kelsey

candy722
Novice

Nov 15, 2004, 12:10 AM

Post #12 of 12 (6781 views)
Shortcut

Maybe your puppy wants your attention.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my