Naughty and Messy Puppy!

serene_kwlim
K9 Maniac

Apr 9, 2002, 11:16 PM

Post #1 of 13 (2343 views)
Shortcut
Naughty and Messy Puppy! Can't Post

Hi everyone,

i wanted to know why my GSD make so much of messy work 4 me to clean?

She always step on her own pee pee & poo poo, and than she will make all over the place very messy.

i hv cane her b4, but she still the same! some times even her own water and food plastic bowl also sticks her poo poo. I hv to clean, each time i feed her.

whay is she so naughty and "doh doh" keep on staping on the poo poo? did she feel messy too?

how to slove this problem?

Unsure
Serene Lim
My furkids: Jamie & Max.

Jamie's WebSite
GSD Owner? Pls add in!

Jamie's Dogster
Max's Dogster

Dar
Dog Kichi

Apr 10, 2002, 3:57 AM

Post #2 of 13 (2329 views)
Shortcut
Re: [serene_kwlim] Naughty and Messy Puppy! [In reply to] Can't Post

Serene oh Serene puppies are puppies just like children; taking care of them is no easy work. I think your GSD Jamie (I am not sure it was yours that was called Jamie) will learn and you have to teach her. Housebreak her : very important. You will be having her for say 10 to 12 yrs. Do you “cage” her? If so this happens.(the messy part) Then teach her the “stay”, when you see her poop tell her to stay. But if you are out for long hours then clean itlah what to do … As she gets older things will get better but you must teach her where to poo poo and wee wee and when to do so. It takes time relax don’t worry be happy.

DarSly

Andrew

Apr 10, 2002, 4:44 AM

Post #3 of 13 (2328 views)
Shortcut

Be patience, this is what you need in training your dog. I don't have any problem with mine now because I trained them since they know how to eat and play. They will never pee pee and poo poo in their crate.

Andrew Wong
Miniature Pinscher, Born 22.12.2000

Derrickok
Novice

Apr 10, 2002, 4:09 PM

Post #4 of 13 (2323 views)
Shortcut

You have asked the question correctly, but the answers are not exactly what you are looking for. Inorder to solve your problem permanently and effectively, surely this has to be kennel management and house visit.
Regards.

serene_kwlim
K9 Maniac

Apr 10, 2002, 5:27 PM

Post #5 of 13 (2318 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dar] Naughty and Messy Puppy! [In reply to] Can't Post

good day,

is it "cage" her is better than chain her?

my Jamie is so playfull, when is she going to be mature? how many months / years? (she's now 3 months)

is it when she get older, she will keep her self clean?
coz, i hv mixed breed dogs in my house too, but they know how to keep clean. after they hv poo poo they dun even sit beside the poo poo , they will poo poo & wee wee as far as they could. so they make sure they won't step on it, their paws is always clean!

hope my Jamie will do the same thing too, dun let me headace anymore!Frown
Serene Lim

Jamie's WebSite
GSD Owner? Pls add in!

Jamie's Dogster
Max's Dogster

Derrickok
Novice

Apr 10, 2002, 5:33 PM

Post #6 of 13 (2317 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Derrickok] Naughty and Messy Puppy! [In reply to] Can't Post

In order to substantiate my previous post on Kennel managenments and house visits, let me give you an example of what is taking place.
Imagine your self being locked in an empty room of 4 x 4 say over a period of one week. You were given food and water. Nature called where do you do it? At first it was in a corner, so that other area is not soiled and you could still find a clean place to sleep. Eventually all the 16 sq feet is full of your .......... fill in the blank. Am I not correct to say that you eat sleep and sh....... where you are kept. Imagine now again if you keep a child of say 4 year old in the same environment, and being a child who has not developed your type of intelligence, he would do his business where it is convenient.
You are now dealing with a puppy of 12 weeks old. How could it be possible for me to offer solutions when in actual fact I don't even know the conditions?

ginl
ALPHA

Apr 10, 2002, 6:13 PM

Post #7 of 13 (2314 views)
Shortcut

Serene, your puppy is only 3 mths old so if u are confining her in a crate or chaining her to a restricted area, when she does her biz she will step on them unintentionally. Pups at 3 mths old cannot hold their pee and poo. When my puppy was 3 mths old he was the same....now he is 4 mths plus and he can hold his pee and poo quite well now i wud say....when no one is at home i will crate him and he never pee or poo anymore in his crate....he prefers to hold it until someone lets him out.....if he poos on the floor and he wants to walk through he will avoid stepping on the poo himself....provided he has enough space to get by.....so if your puppy's confinement place is small then there is no way to avoid her frm stepping all over it

Dar
Dog Kichi

Apr 10, 2002, 10:35 PM

Post #8 of 13 (2307 views)
Shortcut

Serene

I think what is happening to Jamie is she poops or wee wee then when she sees you or the other dogs (anything or anyone moving ) she jumps around and becomes messy. As said by Mr.Derrick and Ms ginl this happens because of the space your puppy has when crate or chained , I (this is my personal opinion I may be wrong so please ask the others first …aiyah IQ only 0.05lah) think you should not chain your puppy for long and without supervision because they jump and pull around and might get hurt I feel this is not good for their neck , backbone and legs too. When you are not around it is better to crate her. About the wee wee poo poo think by now you know what to do.

3 months pups are playful , they will play a lot and by doing so they learn a lot of they environment and of the dos and don’ts (again keep in mind my IQ = 0.05) and this is a very critical time in caring for them but if you don’t discipline and teach them the dos and don’t then sorry bah. If she doesn’t play then there is something wrong with her. If I am not mistaken GSD mature around 18 months but before that your pup should have a understanding of you and know what you want from her. She will try her very best to please you. Again to get here it is not easy be patience as Andrew said. Oh Oh too long ah? Very sorry……IQ level going down again to 0.025 …..

Dar

tangyp
Novice

Apr 14, 2002, 8:18 PM

Post #9 of 13 (2290 views)
Shortcut

Serene,
If you cane your dog after she has peed & pood, you might even confuse her as to what she did wrong? You should keep an eye on her and if she pees or poos in the wrong place in front of your eyes, then say NO! in an agressive tone, you don't have to shout, pick her up and then place her where you would like her to do her business. If she does it, then praise her like crazy. That is how I managed to train my JRT to go in the bathroom in less than a week. Good luck to you. Patience is the key. Smile

serene_kwlim
K9 Maniac

Apr 16, 2002, 5:42 PM

Post #10 of 13 (2278 views)
Shortcut

Dar,

can i know how u post the picture below ur name?
Serene Lim

Jamie's WebSite
GSD Owner? Pls add in!

Jamie's Dogster
Max's Dogster

Dar
Dog Kichi

Apr 17, 2002, 2:58 AM

Post #11 of 13 (2271 views)
Shortcut

Dar
Dog Kichi

Apr 17, 2002, 9:58 PM

Post #12 of 13 (2257 views)
Shortcut

woof wooff what's going on... must have done something stupid

but think you have got my email... jamie is up ...

Dar

sean

May 18, 2002, 12:54 AM

Post #13 of 13 (2226 views)
Shortcut

SmileRemember.. dog won't pee or shit on the place they sleeping... and u hv to get know when will ur dog need to digest... normally is after it ate. then restrict it in the area that u want it pee, release it only after it finish what u want it to....

be patient, it works...

Cheers,
Sean

My furkids....
Jojo-GR[m], Bobby-BOXER[m], Gigi-ACS[f], Jewie-GR[f]

Please sign in SPCA petition for enhanced protection against animals in Malaysia.
www.catzmedia.com/spca/petitions/index.asp

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my