Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Current Dog Related Issues and News:
Relocating feral dogs

chaelian
Dog Kichi

Jan 4, 2008, 4:26 PM

Post #1 of 2 (2920 views)
Shortcut
Relocating feral dogs Can't Post

My husband & I live in a KL condo which has several feral dogs in the vicinity. A few of the older ones have been "hanging out" in the compound for several years and do not cause any problems as they stay away from people and don't bark. However, there are now several juvenile dogs who have a habit of barking incessantly and creating a very noisy environment.

All the feral dogs have been caught for sterilisation by us so there is no issue of the population expanding!

However, the barking by the juveniles are drawing attention from the condo residents and it is only a matter of time before the management take action. We want to spare the older dogs from being removed (after all, they haven't been any problem all these years) so we believe that the best way to resolve this issue is relocate the noisier juveniles.

Can anyone recommend a town/village/community which won't be cruel to feral dogs? These dogs are not adoptable so they must be allowed to live freely but have access to people who are willing to feeding them. As I've mentioned, they're already sterilised so they certainly won't be breeding.

PLEASE HELP!

melmel
K9 Maniac

Apr 1, 2008, 6:01 PM

Post #2 of 2 (2476 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chaelian] Relocating feral dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Chae Lian,
was referred 2 u by SPCA chairperson. tis wk very busy, ned 2 go back 2 Penang 4 All Souls' Day prayer. wil cal u nt wk

Rgds,
Erica

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my