Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: General: Chit Chat:
Has anyone mistaken your dog breed before?

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Jan 4, 2008, 12:31 PM

Post #1 of 21 (1143 views)
Shortcut
Has anyone mistaken your dog breed before? Can't Post

I have two Golden Retrievers & a Dalmatian. My darker Golden, Amber, has been mistaken many times to be a Labrador. My Dalmatian, has been mistaken to be a Great Dane once. Hahahaha! She's so small comparatively to a Great Dane. Wow... People sometimes make me laugh!

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 4, 2008, 4:04 PM

Post #2 of 21 (1140 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amber.Faith] Has anyone mistaken your dog breed before? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes and Chantelle was mistaken for husky mix. Hahaha.. Rare breeds we can't blame the person for mistaking them. But if dalmatian mistaken for great dane then something's not so right. Like one of the forumers who wnated a pedigree cos it's a pedigree. What a joker we can give a nice looking mongrel and say it's a pedigree and he wouldn't know also.. Sly

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

bakamono
Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2008, 5:05 PM

Post #3 of 21 (1131 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amber.Faith] Has anyone mistaken your dog breed before? [In reply to] Can't Post

Guess these r the ppl whom r not familiar wz dogs but r trying to learn but just can't wait to show off what they know. If I were u, I'll tell them that's a Mini Great Dane. Yr 3 darlings looks exactly as according to their breed, how can anyone make a mistake on it?

bakamono
Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2008, 5:15 PM

Post #4 of 21 (1128 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] Has anyone mistaken your dog breed before? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yen, next time when ppl ask me abt my girls, I'll tell them that they r mix breed n direct them to u, then u won't hv such a hard time trying to rehome yours.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 4, 2008, 5:44 PM

Post #5 of 21 (1120 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bakamono] Has anyone mistaken your dog breed before? [In reply to] Can't Post

haha.. thanks lots for that. That would be a great help. Anyway some mix breeds are just so beautiful and cute. Like one of mine just look like a JRT and I just found out the 3 sisters has stopped growing they're even smaller than a standard medium size dog.

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

charleswong29
Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2008, 6:08 PM

Post #6 of 21 (1113 views)
Shortcut

i have confusing with this 2 breed before, anyone know their real breed name???

hailey

Jan 4, 2008, 6:26 PM

Post #7 of 21 (1110 views)
Shortcut

LOL!!..

I always take Sparky to the same VET!!.. He always tells me that he is a pure breed Cocker Spaniel. Unsure

Sometimes I get scared whether he knows anything or not..

But then again he's quite good & he's more into cats. Crazy

hahahhahahhahhaa...

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

Jan 4, 2008, 6:34 PM

Post #8 of 21 (1107 views)
Shortcut
Re: [charleswong29] Has anyone mistaken your dog breed before? [In reply to] Can't Post

It looks like Burnese Mountain dog to me.. http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/bernesemountain.htm

charleswong29
Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2008, 6:39 PM

Post #9 of 21 (1101 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessyca_loh] Has anyone mistaken your dog breed before? [In reply to] Can't Post

Bingo!!!....the 2nd is Burnese Mountain dog.....how abt the 1st pic????

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 4, 2008, 6:40 PM

Post #10 of 21 (1100 views)
Shortcut

oh yes! when i take sookie out for walks, i've heard people saying "oh look, a bulldog", "very nice la this sharpei"... Sly Sly Sly

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

mw_pon
Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2008, 10:40 PM

Post #11 of 21 (1078 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hailey] Has anyone mistaken your dog breed before? [In reply to] Can't Post

at least ur vet can be 100% sure bout ur dog....i told my vet and he told me my boy look like mix....cos he look abit lik "old man dog" schuezer(donno how to spell)......

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

Jan 4, 2008, 11:44 PM

Post #12 of 21 (1069 views)
Shortcut
Re: [charleswong29] Has anyone mistaken your dog breed before? [In reply to] Can't Post

Aiks, both pics different breeds ? Testing me leh..1st pic is Bernese Mountain eh brother Brokeback Mountain ?? Tongue

(This post was edited by jessyca_loh on Jan 4, 2008, 11:47 PM)

charleswong29
Enthusiast

Jan 5, 2008, 12:14 AM

Post #13 of 21 (1062 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessyca_loh] Has anyone mistaken your dog breed before? [In reply to] Can't Post

aiyo....of cours lah...if not i post 2 pic ask for fun meh....the 1st pic is 1 of the colour of Australia Shepherd Dog

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

Jan 5, 2008, 12:59 AM

Post #14 of 21 (1054 views)
Shortcut

From the pic, 1st one looks like Collie but looking at the pics, both also looks the same, i guess the difference is the size of both dogs..my colleague used to own a bernese mountain, thats how i know the 2nd pic looks like one..

charleswong29
Enthusiast

Jan 5, 2008, 1:54 AM

Post #15 of 21 (1043 views)
Shortcut

did he/she get it????I like it so much, but quite hard to get 1 in malaysiaCrazy

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Jan 5, 2008, 4:15 AM

Post #16 of 21 (1028 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] Has anyone mistaken your dog breed before? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hehehe! Hey, we didn't know what breed she was okay? She's rare breed mah & this is the 1st time I've seen an Akita here in Malaysia. The 1st color that comes in mind when you say Akita, is orange or yellow color. Even in the Encyclopedia of Dogs book, they only show the yellow or orange ones. This is a very rare color...

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Jan 5, 2008, 4:24 AM

Post #17 of 21 (1027 views)
Shortcut

Both are Burmese Mountain Dogs. They just have slightly different markings... Same like any dogs mah. People also ask me whether Amber & Chloe are the same breed. Chloe is cream & Amber is golden in color. So they always think that Goldens must have one color only. Also just like us humans. How come my hair so dry like wire one & how come yours is so soft & straight. We both are chinese somemore! Hehehehe... You get what I'm saying>

charleswong29
Enthusiast

Jan 5, 2008, 8:09 AM

Post #18 of 21 (1021 views)
Shortcut

nolah....the 1st pic i take from Australia Shepherd Dog website 1...this kind of dog got a few colour...only this colour look like Bernese Mountain...see the mouth, the body n the fur carefully....Australia Shepherd mouth are sharper then Bernese Mountain...somemore the bone are much more smaller the the Bernese Mountain the size also. lastly Australia Shepherd fur are longer then Bernese Mountain this is a few main way to differentiate a Australia Shepherd n a Bernese Mountain.....

actually dog is dog...no matter is pure or mix...it is still a dog...like mine..i have 2 girls...a mix n a pure....but in my heart...they are same. no different

(This post was edited by charleswong29 on Jan 5, 2008, 8:16 AM)

khengteik
ALPHA

Jan 5, 2008, 6:52 PM

Post #19 of 21 (998 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
actually dog is dog...no matter is pure or mix...it is still a dog...like mine..i have 2 girls...a mix n a pure....but in my heart...they are same. no different

i totally agree with you... thats y i've been telling everyone adopt a dog because u like dogs... not because you like a certain breed...

A dog is a man's most loyal friend.

hailey

Jan 6, 2008, 3:35 AM

Post #20 of 21 (976 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mw_pon] Has anyone mistaken your dog breed before? [In reply to] Can't Post

Haha..true...but Sparky is Mix ECS & Poodle. See his curly hair..Blush

I take that as a huge compliment from him.hahaha..
He is a handsome furkid. and not to mention fat.

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Jan 6, 2008, 9:13 AM

Post #21 of 21 (970 views)
Shortcut

Ha, is it ah? Gosh, can't tell the difference mah by looking at pictures...

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my