Need some advice

shsean
Novice

Jan 3, 2008, 6:49 PM

Post #1 of 7 (1959 views)
Shortcut
Need some advice Can't Post

Hello all... i am new here..

I am considering of buying a new pet dog and i would like to ask some of your advice of which breeds are good watch or guard dog and are smaller-medium in size??I do not want to have a large or giant size dog as i dunt have suffience space in my house for them. Besides i also have a female(sterilised) mix dalmatian.

Thanks for replies!

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 4, 2008, 6:21 PM

Post #2 of 7 (1934 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shsean] Need some advice [In reply to] Can't Post

Would you be considering some mix breeds? Some pure breeds are meant to be guard dogs but they are also easily stolen. There was a lady who has a GSD which is 3 years old but it was stolen also. These were meant to be guard dogs. Apparently the thieves came daily to feed the dogs so they can get the dog with no hassle..

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

shsean
Novice

Jan 4, 2008, 6:51 PM

Post #3 of 7 (1925 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] Need some advice [In reply to] Can't Post

OH wow.. i never expect a guard dog can be stolen too.Well i guess they really need obidience training of not to take food from strangers. Anyway what kind of mixed breed can be useful guard dog?? And where can i look for it?? By the way, mine dog which is a mix dalmatian-bull terrier is very sensitive and active dog, can it get aong with other dogs too?

Thanks

(This post was edited by shsean on Jan 4, 2008, 6:53 PM)

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 4, 2008, 8:06 PM

Post #4 of 7 (1920 views)
Shortcut

I do have some mix breeds up for adoption. Some are slightly smaller than a medium dog. All of them will bark esp if you have another dog that can lead it. All dogs will need some time to get use to the new one. No matter what type of new dog that you get. Best to get one that is not too dominant as your old one might want to challenge it.

It's hard for training sometimes, you train them to be people friendly they get stolen easily. You train them to be people unfriendly they bite people and you got to be responsible.. Actually small ones like the terrier group and pinscher are good for alerting but if they are pups most will be quite friendly and easier to be stolen. Big ones will also need time at least 6-7 months old onwards only they will learn to guard house properly. Some pups will bark but they will wag tail after a while..

Anyway do give me a call at 012-4151524 if you want to view my dogs that are up for adoption.. Am at PJ taman mayang..

shsean
Novice

Jan 4, 2008, 9:40 PM

Post #5 of 7 (1912 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for the valuable information.

Actually i intend to have a smaller or medium sized dog( like pinsher or miniature pinshcer) as i am afraid i do not have enough space for larger dog.What kind of mixed breed do u have now?

My dog is very sensitive to strangers and she has a very distinctive bark. However, sometimes she might be friendly to strangers too.On the other hand, his brother dog which is adopted by my cousin is quite unfriendly and it bites and barks whoever wants to near or touch him.

Again, thanks for the reply and i will contact u soon if i am interested. Thanks

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 4, 2008, 9:45 PM

Post #6 of 7 (1910 views)
Shortcut

There's quite a few with me for adoption. If you want a smaller one you can try my 2 sisters. Milo and feifei, milo especially has the looks of a JRT. The sister has bigger ears and fatter. They're a bit larger than the standard JRT size. Do contact me if you are interested. Might have new ones in time to come. Rescuing job never ends..

shsean
Novice

Jan 5, 2008, 1:28 AM

Post #7 of 7 (1892 views)
Shortcut

wow, u are definitely doing a noble job to help these dogs.Smile Hope to hear more news from you.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my