Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Behavioral Problems: Behavioural Issues - General:
Barking and tearing things to shreads when i leave!

smokey774
Novice

Dec 17, 2007, 12:29 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1916 views)
Shortcut
Barking and tearing things to shreads when i leave! Can't Post

ok another ozzie problem..ill keep this short. he doesnt have his crate anymore, he would pee and poo in it everyday i put him in and i ended up giving him baths everyday. so when we cant be there i tried tying him to a sturdy endtable in my room..that didnt work he pulled the heavy endtable and destroyed everything he could and almost ate my license!!!

we have tried to leave lights on rawhides, food, toys, trasining and he still freaks. so we tried to keep him outside on a chain (he is good outside but we have neighbors so he cant run freely when we leave) but he would bark..and i thought eventually it would stop he wasnt out there for very long.. and yes with the crat i let him out potty befrore putting him in just so you klnow

then the barking got worse..it was like he was being brutally murdered! he is a big and very loud dog and he doesnt bark he howls and whines and yelps at the top of his lungs and it goes on for hours andf hours and ive ttried leaving yumming smoked bones with the meat still on them and he just drops it and wont eat it wont play wih his toys.

now its down to taping his motuth together. no the tape isnt sticky and its not very tight. my mom and brother both agree its the only thing to stop him from barking. the tape isnt actually very sticky at all and im careful when i take it off so im pretty sure it doesnt hurt cus he lets me put it on without a fight..but i still think it isnt a good solution. and i know some people are gonna be like OMG thats so terrible you have to never do that ever blah blah blah but the fact is he is disrupting ouer neighborhood. i dont have money for day care no one can watch him plus when i am gone his wont listen to my mom or brother

i dunno what to do..the tape ios the only thing that helps..and by the way i dont use it very ogften cus i try and be home as much as possible so its only when he begins to bark igo out and put it on before i leave cus i didnt realise he was doing that till the neighbors complained. he cannot be wandering the entire house either..he likes to try and chew on our cats when we arent around and my catsare dumb they dont do anything and plus he will get into everything cus hes a puppy.

this is a serious problem and i need advice. ive been trying the whiole giving him treats when he stays quiet and it doesnt work and its hard cus thats the only time he does bark and when people come..but its niot working..and i dont want to use tape cus for one it sounds totally cruel and two i dont want that to be my solution..so..any help? ive been serching muzzles but there is no location i can find that crries the right one. so im stuck. and need adice. so im gonna keep looking and hopefully you guys have advice

and right now he is chewing on his rawhid on his back and rolling around kickcing his legs lick a weirdo and also making funny noises lol..god his teeth are strong! he just bit through a bone shaped rawhide..snaped it right in half. and now hes trying to share with me..but anywho..thanks for any help.

<-----ozzie doing his potty dance LOL

zephyros
Canine Addict

Dec 27, 2007, 7:39 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1893 views)
Shortcut
Re: [smokey774] Barking and tearing things to shreads when i leave! [In reply to] Can't Post

hey smokey. your dog seems interesting hmm.where do you live? might be easier to see what is going on.

do you take him out for walks? seems like it's because he has wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too much energy stored up.

koruchann
Novice

Jan 22, 2008, 9:52 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1854 views)
Shortcut
Re: [smokey774] Barking and tearing things to shreads when i leave! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Smokey!

There is a day care i send my Gsd to when i'm away at work. It's at Sri Rampai. R u staying anywhere in KL? They only charge me RM5 a day & i bring along a tupperware of my pup's food. They don't cage my Gsd , just put her in a play area (fenced play pen).

U can contact Joshua - 017-2644 515

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my