New Owner Desperate for HELP!

dianachong
New User

Dec 13, 2007, 5:59 PM

Post #1 of 2 (2334 views)
Shortcut
New Owner Desperate for HELP! Can't Post

Hi!

I have a few questions that I'm desperately seeking for help!

I just got a new puppy. Miniature Schnauzer. I have read and done my research on potty training but I've been facing some problems.

I was told that every time after meals, I should put my puppy in the toilet and lock her in there for 15 minutes. First few times wasn't a success because she roams around the toilet and I had to sit in the toilet so that she doesn't get herself hurt.

I was than told to put her on a leash and lock her in the toilet for 15 minutes but she would cry and be very stressed out and not poop or pee at all! She was there for 1 hour crying and not cooperative at all.

In addition to that, I laid a the toilet floor with newspaper, dropped a few drop of the "toilet training" aid which I bought from the pet shop, but she will end up trying to chew and tear the newspaper instead.

I know the key to potty train is patience but am I doing it right? Should I continue doing what I'm doing or should I try something new?

Please help.

Thanks!

zephyros
Canine Addict

Jan 10, 2008, 3:34 AM

Post #2 of 2 (2058 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dianachong] New Owner Desperate for HELP! [In reply to] Can't Post

for starters, dont' use the potty training if u dont' have to. there is NO easy way out. patience is virtue lol but in your case since your puppy is still small, try to get the timing of the weepoo time. usually is about an hour every cycle for weewee. poopoo well, that's a little harder. but what u might wanna do is try to get the sniffing poise. before they poo they will have this sniffing frenzy, good sign to go toilet. if he's already doing it...don't bother lol. what u might wanna do is leave a small piece of stool on the paper where u want your puppy to do it. having a "marker" there makes it easier for it to understand what you want it to do. else ...paper to them is for tearing up lol

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my