Home: Members' Area: Members' Introduction:
Beagle lover

kbn
Novice

Dec 11, 2007, 5:25 PM

Post #1 of 13 (1864 views)
Shortcut
Beagle lover Can't Post

Hi, I'm from Penang. I'm a beagle lover. Currently I'm not owing any beagle but plan to buy it. Some of my friend told me is very hard to breed a dog and need a big spacing to breed a dog.

Can anyone tell me is it hard to breed beagle? I'm living in an aprtment, is it suitable to own a beagle?

mickey123
Enthusiast

Dec 11, 2007, 9:36 PM

Post #2 of 13 (1839 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kbn] Beagle lover [In reply to] Can't Post

hi, welcome to the forum.. well, as I know beagle is a very active dog and need lots of activity.. if you're staying in the appartment, you should plan to take your furkid out for a walk daily to use out his/her energy.. if not, will be very destructive.. by the way, this breed pretty intelligent, learn things very fast.. my aunty has 2 beagle.. I still remember when they're small that time, really headache.. very active.. my aunty will bring them out for an evening walk daily.. by the way, they're not guard dog.. cause my aunt's car which is parking outside, the "smart-tag" being stolen by thief, and both of the beagle slept soundly without knowing that.. Crazy so, if you want a guard dog, beagle is not your choice..

kbn
Novice

Dec 12, 2007, 4:18 PM

Post #3 of 13 (1827 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mickey123] Beagle lover [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi mickey, thanks for your advise. I never own a dog before that why i need a lot advise from those peolple who have the amazing experience. Your advise is much appreciated. I just want a dog as a pet only. Is Ok if beagle is not a guard dog. The problem is that I not sure is beagle easy to breed. Some dog really need full attention.

But anyway thanks a lot..

Kevin Chuan
ALPHA

Dec 12, 2007, 6:48 PM

Post #4 of 13 (1819 views)
Shortcut

Hi kbn,

M from pg too... welcome to the forum... beagles are not suitable to keep in a apartment. They are very active and their bark are very loud... because they are hound.

kbn
Novice

Dec 12, 2007, 9:27 PM

Post #5 of 13 (1808 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kevin Chuan] Beagle lover [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your advise. Maybe you can suggest what type of dog which is suitable to keep in apartment.

myzanordin
ALPHA

Dec 12, 2007, 11:07 PM

Post #6 of 13 (1800 views)
Shortcut

Small breed- min pin, chihua hua, toy poodle, min schnauzer, shih tzu, silky terrier...try to keep dogs which are less vocal. U have to train them not to ....

mike9my
Enthusiast

Dec 13, 2007, 3:22 AM

Post #7 of 13 (1791 views)
Shortcut

hi, another penang lang here, oso bear in mind that some breed shed a lot too at certain times of the year, example dalmation,pug...etc.so if u r allergic to the fur u should try certain breed that sheds less cos i think almost all breed shed only more or less. even my min pin sheds a little.Crazy

any way good luck in finding ur doggie.

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

Dec 13, 2007, 5:16 PM

Post #8 of 13 (1778 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mike9my] Beagle lover [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Mike,

Sorry to invade ppl's thread but just to inform u, we will have our next dog gathering on 29 Dec and its in Farlim nia, make sure u come hor..i will post up info later under General tab..

kbn
Novice

Dec 13, 2007, 6:44 PM

Post #9 of 13 (1769 views)
Shortcut

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your info. I really have to do a lot of survey before planning which dog that i should buy. Although i like beagle very much but of course I don't want to disturb my neighbours. As advise by Kevin beagle bark loud.

Btw, any idea about jack russell. Is this species bark loud? I prefer short fur and active dog.

mike9my
Enthusiast

Dec 15, 2007, 4:14 AM

Post #10 of 13 (1745 views)
Shortcut

there is a lot of short hair breed, min pin, chi hua hua(short hair n long hair breed),corgi( medium hair),daschund(not active),german pinscher,greyhound,bulldog..etc. But if you want pitbull oso short hair breed please refer to kevin chuan, he is pit bull sifu here.

my amber is min pin,i find hyper active like to play a lot. check wiz myza she is oso got two min pin that can mix with cats

poodle is oso an active breed but needs grooming occasionaly can check out with jessyca_loh morever they dun shed so much

but i still think it is better 4 a first time dog owner 2 try n adopt a dog first before going 4 pedigree as usually they hav less health related problems, may b try 2 contact acsyen first 4 advice.

if u like can contact me 2 see my furkid first or kevin chuan if u want 2 rear pitbull

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

Dec 15, 2007, 5:47 AM

Post #11 of 13 (1742 views)
Shortcut

Aiks i see my name here..hehe.

Yeah Poodle dont shed hair one cos they are hypoallergenic dogs mar..plus i got a MS now also..both also needs constant grooming lor but I find Poodle more intelligent, they learn things real fast..my MS a bit slow..sometimes also blur blur one, stand at one place for a very long time, dunno what she is doing also..

In terms of active lor, i think this depends on the puppy which we choose one lor..some puppies are real active, some are like piggy, sleep a lot one..anyways u can always try to play with them and once u bring out ur treats nia, ur puppy will become active liao ler..Wink

kbn
Novice

Dec 17, 2007, 6:40 PM

Post #12 of 13 (1691 views)
Shortcut

Thanks a lot guys....

zephyros
Canine Addict

Dec 18, 2007, 10:29 PM

Post #13 of 13 (1657 views)
Shortcut

hi and welcome kbn. u mentioned in your post breed? you mean care for the dog or really u want to breed a dog? you mentioned in a few of your posts that you have no experience with dogs. please do check the FULL details of each and every dog, AND what breeding is all about.

it's not something u just let them mate and then they will poop the puppies out. It's not as simple as that. there will be lots of blood and lots of ....just check out this forum and you'll know what i mean

www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=310603

(This post was edited by zephyros on Dec 18, 2007, 10:32 PM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my