Home: Breed Specific: Gundog Group:
Looking for a Labrado...

ntfantasy
Novice

Dec 4, 2007, 8:54 AM

Post #1 of 18 (14076 views)
Shortcut
Looking for a Labrado... Can't Post

I am looking for a Labrado puppies in yellow/white colour...

With MKA or without Mka does't matter.. if got MKA is better la.. but must in pure breed...

my budget is around 650-800.. because i am student.. if any1 interested pls leave msg here...thx..

and may i ask wat is the diff btw gr and lab? and how about beagles? its that ok if compare to lab?

sry because i am a newbie and juz move to new house.. so got a space for dogs..

Thx dude~

mickey123
Enthusiast

Dec 4, 2007, 10:19 PM

Post #2 of 18 (14058 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ntfantasy] Looking for a Labrado... [In reply to] Can't Post

hi, I don't think with this price you can get a MKA cert pure breed puppy. I got mine for RM900 black female lab, with cert and microchip. This price is considered cheap already. For the price you ask for are those without MKA cert. You can get those with that price.

Golden Retriever have longer fur while Labrador Retriever with shorter fur. Both of them are good family dog and need accompany. Both are consider large breed dog while Beagle is medium breed (I think). My aunt has 2 beagle, very playful and intelligent dog. By the way, dog needs your accompany, that's what I want to say.. You'll need to spend time with them, so better think twice before you adopt a dog.

ntfantasy
Novice

Dec 5, 2007, 2:25 AM

Post #3 of 18 (14046 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mickey123] Looking for a Labrado... [In reply to] Can't Post

ohr.. acuatly i dun care got cert or not.. but scare that not pure breed... rm900? erm... did u knw where can i find those labrado breeder?

Thx ya

mickey123
Enthusiast

Dec 5, 2007, 2:56 AM

Post #4 of 18 (14045 views)
Shortcut

em.. Where are you actually? I'm from Ipoh. I heard that people from KL coming to Ipoh to get pure breed GR and LR back to KL to sell cause they can sell better price in KL.

actually, I went one pet shop by pet shop to look for lab, the cheapest price for GR is RM 600 (without cert). If you are in Ipoh I can let you know where that pet shop is. Accroding to the pet shop owner, sometimes depends on your luck to get puppy cause sometimes there'll be no GR and LR puppy around in the town. BTW you can wait until they have, they'll call you. If you're not in a hurry, when there's puppy, they'll call you. so, leave your hp no. to them.

then, my lab's breeder is from Ipoh too. If you're interested, give me your email, I mail you her hp no. But, she said she'll only have lab baby again after one year or more.. cause need to let her female lab rest after this round, if not, not good for her dog. She has at least 4-5 labs in her house and a female GSD. She's quite famous in Ipoh according to my neighbour (cause my neighbour's son in law also breed beagle).

(This post was edited by mickey123 on Dec 5, 2007, 3:03 AM)

ntfantasy
Novice

Dec 5, 2007, 5:24 AM

Post #5 of 18 (14037 views)
Shortcut

oh thx alright.. my msn/ email is alex_ntfantasy1986@hotmail.com

I wish can get it before januari08 lo because i move to my new house on 9th dec...

If u see any lab for sales u can inform me too.. thx for ur help.. ^^

mickey123
Enthusiast

Dec 5, 2007, 11:13 PM

Post #6 of 18 (14024 views)
Shortcut

I've just sent her hp no to you.. check it out..

ntfantasy
Novice

Dec 6, 2007, 3:39 AM

Post #7 of 18 (14015 views)
Shortcut

thx for the hp number ya.. i think i should go ipoh 1 time already.. hope when i get the dog i will be able to take the dog with me by bus.. haha thx ya.. btw ur lab male or female?? becoz i am dunno male or female that i wanna take... haha

mickey123
Enthusiast

Dec 6, 2007, 4:18 AM

Post #8 of 18 (14014 views)
Shortcut

my lab is a female lab, turning 15 weeks old this coming Thursday (tomorrow).

yeah, when you go and choose the puppy, remember.. choose the one who come to you (cause I believe, when you choose the puppy, the puppy also is choosing his/her new owner), and play with you.. Then, choose the one which is active (like mine is the most active among the four puppy. At first I tried to get a yellow lab, but the yellow lab didn't come to me, and looked so coward. So, end up I chose this black female lab that is active and come to me..

A female dog normally is cheaper than a male dog and heard that it's more easy to train. By the way, all puppy are naughty and destructive.. So, you better have patient to deal with it. Another thing is their pee and poo problem. You have to clean them up before they are toilet trained and remember Labrador is a large breed, so need more space for him/her to move around. I stay at a landed property and have some space to let my furkid move around, so I can get a large dog. For you, you have to think. According to what you'd mentioned, you're a student. Are you renting a house or an appartment or just a room??? After breeding a lab, do you have space for him/her?? and when you finished your studies, will you go overseas or work?? and if that is the case, where will your furkid go?? better think about this before you adopt a dog. Then, having a dog and when you want to take good care of him/her, you will need money to maintain. As you'd mentioned (again and again around this forum, looking for labs puppy), you're just a student, do you have money to keep your dog healthy and in good condition?? how much are you willing to spend on your dog?? You have to think all these questions before you get a dog. If what I have told you, have hurt your feeling, I'm sorry, but I just want to let you know that keeping a dog is not as easy as you think.

Think twice before you get a dog, if not you're just creating another poor fella living in this planet.

Cheers.

ntfantasy
Novice

Dec 6, 2007, 10:32 AM

Post #9 of 18 (14009 views)
Shortcut

ya i am a student.. hehe but i am staying with my parents... now i am staying at condominium... but 9th dec i will move to a terrace house so got enough space to the pups.. erm.. i think i will not go oversea and study... the maintainance fees my parents will support me and i got a part time job as a clown... so my income for a month at least got a round 800-1200... so i think the maintainance is not a problem... i got a brother and a sister they also will help to take care the pups.. The main reason that we wanna to breed a dog...

1. we love dogs..haha 2. we move to a house that got enough space for dogs.. 3. My sister get 7A in upsr and my parents promise her to let her breed a dogs...

yaya i will think properly before i get a lab.. realy thx for ur advise^^

haha if i get the lab already hope if i got anything that dun understand u will teach me.. heh.. thx

mickey123
Enthusiast

Dec 7, 2007, 4:49 AM

Post #10 of 18 (13994 views)
Shortcut

hi, great to hear that your parents will support your dog's expenses.. ;) but, bare in mine, might need to spend a few hundered ringgit monthly though. .:) like me everytime I enter a pet shop, end up there'll be something for my furkid.. hahahaha.. so, be prepared to pay.. kaakakkakak... Laugh

and if you're planning to keep your furkid in the house, try to keep those "breakable" stuff high up.. my furkid broke my father's favourite big bowl (for decoration) one month ago.. and my dad still mention about it till now.. Crazy They love to bite anything.. just like those baby (human) test everything with their mouth.. it's the same for our furkid.. so, anything that you don't want your furkid to put into his/her mouth, keep them nicely.. It takes some time for you and your furkid to know each other..

like now, my furkid knows what can do and what she can not do.. but, she will sometimes break the rules to get our attention.. very naughty.. like now, she likes to jump on the sofa which we don't let her to do so.. but, she keeps trying to do so when she is bored (we do our own thing, let her alone).

labradorfan

Dec 16, 2007, 9:54 PM

Post #11 of 18 (13861 views)
Shortcut

hi there,i'm very interested in labradors.I saw a pair of labrador puppies (black) in a pet store in Penang. I want to ask for your opinion whether if it is a right decision to buy from a pet store or from the breeder?I would like to have the labrador puppies probably in this week time.Thank you.

mickey123
Enthusiast

Dec 18, 2007, 9:04 PM

Post #12 of 18 (13811 views)
Shortcut
Re: [labradorfan] Looking for a Labrado... [In reply to] Can't Post

well, actually I'm a new owner to a lab too. not really know much about it. Btw, I did read from the site that before getting the lab, you should check on its family history whether they have got HD (Hip Dysplasia) before ( I don't know that until I read the article a few days ago). Cause scared that your lab will be having HD(Hip Dysplasia) in the future.

get the puppy from the petshop. I don't know whether it's suitable or not, cause I got my lab via breeder (cause petshop very expensive.. hahahah).

may be you can ask those more experienced member here, they'll be willing to answer your question.

sorry that can't help you to make decision. Just that when you choose your lab, choose the one that you like and it likes you. As I did mention before that while we're choosing them, they're choosing their future owner too.. :) so, good luck..

(This post was edited by mickey123 on Dec 18, 2007, 9:04 PM)

reneewong

Dec 28, 2007, 6:46 AM

Post #13 of 18 (13722 views)
Shortcut

Hi Labradorfan.

You should NEVER buy from a pet store. Best is if you can find a breeder, check out what the parents of the puppies are like.

When you buy from a pet store, you have no idea what the puppy's parents are like - do they have genetic defects like hip dysplaxia (common with GRs and Labs) , or are they in-bred from poor stock? Most puppies for pet stores come from puppy mills where the parents are tortured and kept just for breeding purposes. It's very miserable for the poor dogs concerned.

If you go to a breeder and see the parents, you will know more or less what the disposition of your new dog will be - nervous or calm etc. Like that you may as well get a pound puppy (which i have no problem with, just saying the biggest advantage of getting a 'pure breed' is to know what you're getting).

Also, pet store puppies are more prone to things like kennel cough and other diseases.

Sorry that you want to find a pure bred puppy in a week - don't forget a Lab will be for at least 10 years and you don't serve yourself well by rushing into purchasing a new dog - dogs are just like people. No 2 labs are the same just like no 2 people are the same.

you're best to find a good breeder where you can check out the parents and then book a puppy from the next litter - even if it takes a few months to a year, you will be doing a favor to yourself as well as to dogs generally because you won't be supporting inhumane puppy mill practices

labradorfan

Dec 31, 2007, 10:01 AM

Post #14 of 18 (13672 views)
Shortcut
Re: [reneewong] Looking for a Labrado... [In reply to] Can't Post

thank you very much,renee.i am still scouting for lab breeders around...may i know where did you get yours?i've decided to only get the labs only after next yr,april or may.coz that's the time i'll be graduating from uni.js completed my job as intern...hehe...so,if you do know anything,pls pm me.thank you.

cccp
New User

Jan 5, 2008, 7:29 PM

Post #15 of 18 (13506 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
thank you very much,renee.i am still scouting for lab breeders around...may i know where did you get yours?i've decided to only get the labs only after next yr,april or may.coz that's the time i'll be graduating from uni.js completed my job as intern...hehe...so,if you do know anything,pls pm me.thank you.

Hi everyone, I'm also looking for a labrador, saw one in a pet shop in Kepong but very sceptical after reading all your comments about buying from pet store. I have currently a mix border collie which I've adopted from SPCA and would love to get a labrador as companion. Can anyone provide me with a labrador breeder information, even if it's in Ipoh, I wouldn't mind going all the way there if they are genuine. Please email me at obi.joe.hanobi

(This post was edited by cccp on Jan 5, 2008, 7:30 PM)

jimin
Novice

Jan 18, 2008, 11:50 AM

Post #16 of 18 (13358 views)
Shortcut
Labrador for adoption [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hi everyone, I'm also looking for a labrador, saw one in a pet shop in Kepong but very sceptical after reading all your comments about buying from pet store. I have currently a mix border collie which I've adopted from SPCA and would love to get a labrador as companion. Can anyone provide me with a labrador breeder information, even if it's in Ipoh, I wouldn't mind going all the way there if they are genuine. Please email me at obi.joe.hanobi

Hi cccp, I am putting my 3yr old female yellow Lab for adoption. Are you interested? She has very good temperament, very manja and playful. And would do ANYTHING for food! I just want to find a good home for her.

Email me at jiminlai(at)g m a i l.com if you got any questions. Thanks.

Jimin

yellowtank
Novice

Apr 1, 2008, 8:18 PM

Post #17 of 18 (13047 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jimin] Labrador for adoption [In reply to] Can't Post

i',m from ipoh,also looking for a black male lab with mka cert,but mr tan dont have male dont now.........any idea ipoh got lab to buy??if got pls sms me.....012-5052227 yow.thanks a lot!!!

bravogila
Novice

May 14, 2008, 12:23 AM

Post #18 of 18 (12639 views)
Shortcut

HI Mickey123,

I am looking for a Lab puppy. Can you email me Mrs.Tan's contact number or contact of any reputable Lab breeders in Ipoh or Penang? Many thanks.

b ra vo gi la [at] g m a i l . c o m

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my