Post #1 of 19 (2193 views)
Shortcut
Post deleted by twwong

boco

Nov 16, 2007, 7:33 PM

Post #2 of 19 (2182 views)
Shortcut
Re: [twwong] Miniature Schnauzer [In reply to] Can't Post

Did you visit the petshop and puppies before buying online?

I think your Miniature Schnauzer puppy without MKA birth cert is overpriced.

2 months old is the best time to start training puppies.

Regarding potty train, you can buy the spray thingy and spray at the designated pee/poo area. When you see the puppy sniffing around coz wanting to pee/poo, straight away carry it to the toilet. If you take it for a walk to do the business, please make sure your puppy don't pee/poo outside people's house area and please pick up the poo into a plastic bag to throw into garbage bin.

1. No milk should be fed - I don't see why milk shouldn't be fed as the puppy is still young and need the nutrition

2. No air-con area - The puppy will catch cold

3. No walk out of the house - Don't let it free on its own without guardian, there're dognappers out there

4. No Contact with other dogs - Making friends with other dogs is not a bad thing

5. No bath in the first week - No bath for a week after vaccination and make sure the bath water is lukewarm

6. No human food - Make sure the food is not too sweet and salty

7. No chocolates - Chocolate, coffee, grape, raisin are toxic to dogs

8. Need at least 20 hours of rest a day - Puppies need a lot of sleep and minimum 3 meals a day

I think there're few vets in Subang area, try google it.

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

Nov 16, 2007, 8:38 PM

Post #3 of 19 (2171 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

I have a 11 mths old poodle and a 4mths old MS, both female. This is just my opinon la.

1. No milk should be fed - i don't feed my kids with milk - kibbles and dog treats ( when training )

2. No air-con area - better wait till ur puppy finish all vaccinations

3. No walk out of the house - same as point 2

4. No Contact with other dogs - same as point 2. It is good for your puppy to socliase with other dogs, i bring them for evening walks or dog gatherings lor.

5. No bath in the first week - puppy has a change of environment so better don't stress them out or u dowan to make them fall sick before they take their vaccination, u may use damp cloth just to wipe them but remember not to shower after ur puppy has its vaccination. When i brought my MS home, she really smells of milk and i couldnt really stand it also..i bath my poodle once every 2 weeks cos she naturally has pleasant smell though we dont bath her often, my MS has some slight puppy skin problem so we bath her often with Selsun shampoo based on a recommended solution from a website, my MS already finish all her 3 vaccinations lor..

6. No human food - i gave my furkids baby carrots and fruits

7. No chocolates - never try this for read it somewhere it's dangerous for dogs

8. Need at least 20 hours of rest a day - my poodle didnt sleep much when puppy time but MS sleeps a lot one and tend to climb on my lap to sleep..

twwong
Novice

Nov 16, 2007, 8:58 PM

Post #4 of 19 (2170 views)
Shortcut
Post deleted by twwong [In reply to]

twwong
Novice

Nov 16, 2007, 9:13 PM

Post #5 of 19 (2165 views)
Shortcut

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

Nov 16, 2007, 9:16 PM

Post #6 of 19 (2163 views)
Shortcut

I manage to get my MS at quite a bargain price, she was rm850 with MKA cert. As for pee and poo, i didnt use any spray before, we just try to catch their signs and put them on the paper to do their business, for example when they wana poo, they will sniff around and circle first before squating down, there bounds to be lots of accidents, so u got to be patience in teaching them pee and poo at the correct spot.

Other commands like sit, heel, come and their name is pretty easy as long as u have some doggy treats n be consistent in teaching, they will learn in no time..i currently place my poodle in the playpen and MS in the cage while at work until my MS learns to pee on the wee wee pads, only i will placed both dogs in the playpen to play with each other.

As for feeding, i feed both my dogs twice a day, once in the morning around 7:30am before going to work and when we come home around 7pm.

lilfunky
Canine Addict

Nov 16, 2007, 9:19 PM

Post #7 of 19 (2162 views)
Shortcut

abit pricey but if u love ur ms then is alright Wink
Love them, they will love you
They Don't Talk Don't Meant They Wrong.

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

Nov 16, 2007, 9:25 PM

Post #8 of 19 (2161 views)
Shortcut

Normally puppies are curious about new environment one so when u let them roam around the house, they will go sniff every corner out, its ok but watch out hor, she may accidentally pee or poo on the floor..got to monitor her often lor. The most difficult thing is train a dog is actually on the peeing and pooing lor..but if ur patience enough and must really monitor them, they will learn very fast. Some puppies takes like 2-3 weeks to learn and some takes even more than 6 mths to learn where to do their business one lor. Oh 1 thing to take note, i find most dogs ha dun like to do their business once they soiled their business area.

Previously i used newspaper for my poodle to pee n poo but find it messy cos newspaper cannot absorb the pee and my poodle will step on it sometimes and walk all over the floor lor which i have now changed to wee wee pads that can absorb the pee up..i bought my wee wee pads from Jusco, 102 pcs for Rm49.90

The cage which u mention is the same as mine, it's better to let them do the business in the cage lor while ur at work cos puppy time they cant hold their wee and poo for long one..my bf's guideline is that when we cant watch them even while at home, put them in the cage so they dont make the accident often and think that we always clean up after they do their business lor..

if u want to train ur dog right, train them to learn their name and basic commands like sit, come, wait lor..btw what is ur MS name and is it male or female ?

twwong
Novice

Nov 16, 2007, 9:51 PM

Post #9 of 19 (2155 views)
Shortcut

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

Nov 16, 2007, 10:05 PM

Post #10 of 19 (2149 views)
Shortcut

Ahh nice name. My MS name is Mookie, my poodle name is Nana.

Anyways before i let my MS out from her cage right, we get her to sit down n wait before she can comes out, this is because they get so excited each time when we come home so we want them to calm down first so we got them to sit down and wait first. We says Ok then only let them out lor.

Only when ur puppy is out from the cage, look for signs when they wana pee or poo, it's a bit tough but monitor them and see lor cos my MS puppy hor very greedy one, she will sniff on the floor giving us the impression she wana pee but she was just looking for food nia..enjoy ur moments with them, they grow up fast..

boco

Nov 16, 2007, 10:37 PM

Post #11 of 19 (2143 views)
Shortcut

Personally i don't agree putting dog in the cage as it's like a prison to them, but no choice for you since both you and wife are working. How big is the cage? Make sure you provide bottle water and some food for Pepper, also a toy to pass the time. Please let it free when you're at home, Pepper need to get familiarise with the surroundings. You may want to let Pepper go to the garden after meal so that Pepper can do business there, easier for you to clean up.

Training a dog needs a lot of time and patience. Enjoy the process! Wink

twwong
Novice

Nov 16, 2007, 11:34 PM

Post #12 of 19 (2136 views)
Shortcut

twwong
Novice

Nov 16, 2007, 11:44 PM

Post #13 of 19 (2126 views)
Shortcut

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

Nov 16, 2007, 11:49 PM

Post #14 of 19 (2124 views)
Shortcut

You can actually surf around or buy a book on dog training lor.

I'm not very sure about male puppies but what i've heard from my friends that puppy time they will pee on 4 legs until u bring them out and they watch other male dogs pee with leg standing hor, they will learn it and pee at home lifting their legs up one lor..so maybe u better designate only 1 peeing and pooing place for Pepper like the toilet, easier for u to clean up also.

Oh don't worry that time will come, u just need to suffer few mths first. Tongue

Btw a word of advise, pls sure to feed the dog food that currently the petshop is feeding first, u can change brand but change it gradually with current food so it doesnt upset Pepper's tummy. And Oh if Pepper has slight watery poo for 1-2 days, its ok cos he is new to the environment. When we brought Mookie home, she has watery slimy poo with some slight blood, we got scared but thank gosh its nothing. Her poo became normal after 2 days..

boco

Nov 16, 2007, 11:55 PM

Post #15 of 19 (2122 views)
Shortcut

You won't need to put a clock since Pepper is already 2 months old. The ticking clock is actually used to resemble heartbeat to make the puppy feel not alone. If Pepper whines at night, you can try putting a clock wrapped with blanket.

If you let Pepper to pee in your living room, there're chances that Pepper will go back to the same spot to pee next time due to the smell.

twwong
Novice

Nov 17, 2007, 12:26 AM

Post #16 of 19 (2116 views)
Shortcut

twwong
Novice

Nov 17, 2007, 12:37 AM

Post #17 of 19 (2112 views)
Shortcut

boco

Nov 17, 2007, 12:54 AM

Post #18 of 19 (2108 views)
Shortcut

Sometimes male dogs do pee on 4 legs, depends on their preference. Wink

lilfunky
Canine Addict

Nov 17, 2007, 11:08 PM

Post #19 of 19 (2071 views)
Shortcut

wah, siao ah ? u wanna get another one? one is enuff headache d lorh. haaha. buthen good luck to u kay? Wink
Love them, they will love you
They Don't Talk Don't Meant They Wrong.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my