Bite as a revenge and say no to us..

mickey123
Enthusiast

Nov 12, 2007, 2:25 AM

Post #1 of 19 (7519 views)
Shortcut
Bite as a revenge and say no to us.. Can't Post

Hi,

my black labrador will bite us as a revenge when we say no to her or don't let her do something we don't like. For example, if I scolded her and pointed at her saying that she can't bite this, she'll try to bite me.. and sometimes when she get "geram", she'll jump on me and try to bite me.. sometimes is play bite, but sometimes it's not..

then, my mom said that she even barked when my mom scolded her..

may I know what can I do to stop this??

Jess_lee

Nov 12, 2007, 5:54 PM

Post #2 of 19 (7512 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mickey123] Bite as a revenge and say no to us.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Mickey, my gr pup act the same as urs. He's a very stubborn fellow, he knows the do n don't. However, just won't listen sometimes.

When I scold or beat him, he'll either bark or bite our hands. So what I do is to ignore him...walk away. Then he'll show his pity face, suprisingly it works!

But sometimes really cannot tahan, whack him until he listen to meMad ( i know some dog lovers here disagree with beating, but he's just too naughty!!)

mike9my
Enthusiast

Nov 12, 2007, 8:16 PM

Post #3 of 19 (7508 views)
Shortcut

to me , i oso whack my furkid but use two or three pages of newspaper roll up coz mine is min pin,small size. but do not always whack him otherwise become "ban puey". always raise your voice a bit n stare into his eyes when u reprimand him. one more thing is to always stand up so that you are taller n looks meaner than him. dogs is always like that,if u dun show whose the boss they will be confused n tried to become alpha.
same thing happen to my family,my amber will listen to me only n will show her teeth if my family members try to take her food tray while she is eating but even if i take away the tray she will just keep quiet n sit there if i gave the command.
she knows that she has to obey me so dare not argue lah ha ha
i dun know whether it works for u but it certainly is working in my case.

bakamono
Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2007, 12:02 AM

Post #4 of 19 (7499 views)
Shortcut

Hi Mickey, my lab will scold me back if she's not happy wz something when I tell her off. Forget about whacking as she's not afraid n will take it as a challenge. What I do is have a muffle in hand n when she does not obey, I put it onto her. After that she'll sit right in front of me wz those pitiful eyes n that's the time I lecture her and it works everytime. Try to take it off after your lecturing and if she forgets, show it to her n if she does not stop, put it on for her again. Lab are very intellegent n u won't be suprised they actually understand what u says. Don't know about yours but mine is very hiao as she likes to be praised as pretty and loves perfume. As she grows, you'll love her more n more bcoz they r really good companion dog.

myzanordin
ALPHA

Nov 13, 2007, 1:41 AM

Post #5 of 19 (7494 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bakamono] Bite as a revenge and say no to us.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hai Jeannie,

Didnt manage to catch u that day. I was late, in fact our class started late too, about 11 a.m (instead of 10.30 a.m).

Nevertheless, this Sunday, we have to attend graduation at 10.45 a.m and Raja wants us to come early to warm up...as we cant attend the 10.30a.m class..Hpe to catch up with u....

mickey123
Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2007, 7:05 AM

Post #6 of 19 (7488 views)
Shortcut
Re: Bite as a revenge and say no to us.. [In reply to] Can't Post

hi, thanks all of you for responding to this post... well, I'll try to ignore her if she jumps on me next time.. and I'll buy a muffle when I go to the pet shop.

when I see all your replies, then only I find out that I'm not alone.. thanks again..

I'll have to agree with you that whack her, she'll think it's a challange .. cause her bites getting harder and harder..

I'll try all the tricks that you all tell me, and will tell you all later whether it works for Billion or not..Cool

Hope that it's working!

bakamono
Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2007, 5:05 PM

Post #7 of 19 (7481 views)
Shortcut
Re: [myzanordin] Bite as a revenge and say no to us.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Wil be at the same place every weekend (6 more lessons to go) for my lab's class. Musashi's Jiro was trying to hump my Ruby (ECS) last week on their first meeting last week n only realise she started her heat when we got back. Phew! She was lucky that he did not suceed. Guess this week, I might take my Mei Mei (Mix TS) wz me or I might go alone. Mr. Raja is doing a great job training my daughter more than my lab n it's fun to see him shouting at her sometimes. What a cruel mother I am (hee hee hee). Usually we'll b there at around 8am so that Nan will hv some time for a walk before class. See u there this week!

myzanordin
ALPHA

Nov 13, 2007, 6:07 PM

Post #8 of 19 (7477 views)
Shortcut

Ha..ha..Jiro ! Jiro..naughty, naughty boy..if your ECS ter pregnant..u have mix of ECS and Pekingnese...wonder how it would look like...Tongue

bakamono
Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2007, 6:29 PM

Post #9 of 19 (7470 views)
Shortcut

find out by yrself. There's this site I always go to whenever I'm curious, try it out.

www.dogbreedinfo.com/designerdogs.htm

after u got in, go to All Breeds. U might get yr answer.

bakamono
Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2007, 6:36 PM

Post #10 of 19 (7469 views)
Shortcut

here's a shot of my three girls at home napping at their favourite spot : the entrace door. See how my lab sleeps, this is her usual position as she feels very relax at home most of the time. She's 16 mths now weighing 29kg n hv change to obesity food recently as everyone who saw her says she's like a piglet. There's some improvement lately n my target of getting her back to the sexy shape is about one month.
Attachments: family.JPG (141 KB)

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 13, 2007, 6:51 PM

Post #11 of 19 (7465 views)
Shortcut

Myza try find bulldog and ecs see how it look like.. Haha..

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

myzanordin
ALPHA

Nov 13, 2007, 6:56 PM

Post #12 of 19 (7463 views)
Shortcut

Super cute !!!!!!

myzanordin
ALPHA

Nov 13, 2007, 7:05 PM

Post #13 of 19 (7460 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] Bite as a revenge and say no to us.. [In reply to] Can't Post

he he shld check it out! There's a mini st bernard, minmaltese (min. pin & maltese) and mini bull dog....they all look adorable...though a bit pelik ...Tongue.Plus they have handsome looking mongrel lar....

mickey123
Enthusiast

Nov 22, 2007, 7:48 PM

Post #14 of 19 (7305 views)
Shortcut

hi.. sorry for my late replied.. I've been busy for quite some time.. I'd attached a picture of Billion.. I just taken this pic on Tuesday.. She's very cute.. when I said I want to take photo, asked her to sit down.. she sat and slided down... ahahha.. so, I quickly took a picture of her..

but, she's getting more aggressive.. when we won't allow her to do anything, she'll bite us.. 3 of us (my parents and I)'s hands are all scratchs (her teeth).. what should I do to stop this?? we did bit her, but looks like not effective too...

(This post was edited by mickey123 on Nov 22, 2007, 8:10 PM)
Attachments: 12 weeks old_S.JPG (44.1 KB)

bakamono
Enthusiast

Nov 22, 2007, 9:13 PM

Post #15 of 19 (7295 views)
Shortcut

You hv to be very firm at this stage to show her who's the boss in order not to let her go over board. LR is quite big when she grows up n it'll be too late trying to correct her then.

A few slap at the mouth whenever she bites will do the trick as they r very smart to understand. Here's pictures of my Nan when v brought her home abt 4 mths old n a recent snap taken last week. She was soooo skinny when she came back but now v have to put her on obesity food to control her weight. She's 19 mths n weights at 29kg. She's a real darling now but still hv her mood sometimes when she does not agree to us.
Attachments: Before.jpg (139 KB)
  Present.JPG (30.2 KB)

mickey123
Enthusiast

Nov 24, 2007, 12:20 AM

Post #16 of 19 (7275 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
You hv to be very firm at this stage to show her who's the boss in order not to let her go over board. LR is quite big when she grows up n it'll be too late trying to correct her then.

A few slap at the mouth whenever she bites will do the trick as they r very smart to understand. Here's pictures of my Nan when v brought her home abt 4 mths old n a recent snap taken last week. She was soooo skinny when she came back but now v have to put her on obesity food to control her weight. She's 19 mths n weights at 29kg. She's a real darling now but still hv her mood sometimes when she does not agree to us.

wow... 2 very different look... hahahaha... like from hell (skinny look) to heaven (fatty look)... ahahhaah.. well, then I can say that Billion is fat although she's only 3 months old now..

well, we slap her, but she'll bite back.. I got another new scratch from her yesterday not only me, my mom and dad too.. get new scratches.. Unsure

but, she'll onlly do that when she's "over" excited.. may be too excited, so can't control.. Pirate

one of the member here taught me to hold her mouth and say no firmly.. I did try yesterday, and that's how I got my new scratch.. so, what else we can do?

when we chose her from the breeder, she's the most active and greedy (love food) among the 4 of them.. hahaha.. cause we afraid that if we chose a less active one, will have problem later.. by the way, cause of her hyperactive, we're so tired !! by the way, today she sleeps a lot, may be because of the hot weather.. so, less active, and I can rest more.. Laugh just know I pitty her, so let her go into the toilet and put some water on a container for her to play with the water, she's so happy about it.. hahaha.. I think I pamper her too much.. hahahhaha... Crazy but, when you see her pitty look, you know that she's so hot and tired.. so, let her play with water to cool her down..

(This post was edited by mickey123 on Nov 24, 2007, 12:25 AM)

bakamono
Enthusiast

Nov 24, 2007, 12:41 AM

Post #17 of 19 (7268 views)
Shortcut

was vry worried when v got her due to her skinny look compared to all the books v refer to. In the end v found out that there's 2 types : field line and show line. The field line tends to be a bit boney and the show line r wz big bones like yrs. Whichever it is, both like food very much n there4 need special attention not to over feed to avoid obesity.And also avoid to feed from human food bcoz they wil always look pity when we eat. If u don't hv the habit of feeding them at this time, they wil think twice abt grabbing the food frm u hands in the future. Good luck to u n do send some updates as she grows.

mickey123
Enthusiast

Nov 24, 2007, 1:23 AM

Post #18 of 19 (7266 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
was vry worried when v got her due to her skinny look compared to all the books v refer to. In the end v found out that there's 2 types : field line and show line. The field line tends to be a bit boney and the show line r wz big bones like yrs. Whichever it is, both like food very much n there4 need special attention not to over feed to avoid obesity.And also avoid to feed from human food bcoz they wil always look pity when we eat. If u don't hv the habit of feeding them at this time, they wil think twice abt grabbing the food frm u hands in the future. Good luck to u n do send some updates as she grows.

thanks for the info.. I did read about there's 2 types of labs: field line and show line.. but, I don't know how to differentiate before reading your post.. :)

we won't feed her any human food until now.. when we have our meal, we'll keep her (close the door) in the dinning room with us.. she'll play there or sometimes just stay under the dinning table.. she'll only jump when we prepare her food.. Wink

I'll post her pic regularly here. .:)

Veanne
K9 Maniac

Apr 1, 2008, 10:44 PM

Post #19 of 19 (6946 views)
Shortcut

erm... last time my dalmation also very stubborn and naughty... my house got lot of animal... haih... there is an aquarium in my living room... and my dada (dalmation) likes to go fishing everyday Pirate... he go kacau my daddy's fav gold fish.. then we show him his fav bone and then put it in a very high place where he cannot reach but it is visible to him and he saw you putting it there... then don't bother about him eventhough he bark at you or show a fierce face... then the next day my dada go fishing again then we do it again... later on he will understand if he do this, he won't have his fav bone... then he wouldn't do that anymore... try slowy.... need time and patient... erm... dunno whether this will work on your dog or not... the time depends on how stubborn he is... my tzutzu (my shih tzu) only take 5 days to understand... but my dada take 2 weeks to understand...

good luck in your training...

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my