Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: General: Chit Chat:
Q by bubull - how much i spend and charge the adopter for a rescued dog.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 7, 2007, 7:55 PM

Post #1 of 26 (3577 views)
Shortcut
Q by bubull - how much i spend and charge the adopter for a rescued dog. Can't Post

Bubull : May i ask how much u spend on a dog u rescue and when u found them new home did u chrge the new owner ?

Hi,

The thread already locked so i will reply you here. How much i spend depends on the condition of a dog. Basically when i find a dog the first thing to do when i find or if someone brings a pup i will take it straight to my vet. He will deworm it and check on the blood cells and check for mange. If all is fine then i will take the dog home and isolate it for a week. So that any virus or disease int he body will show up. If show signs when we found it then will isolate at vet's place.

After a week if everything is fine then vaccinations will be done for the pup/dog. Then fatten it a bit then put it up for adoption . For vaccinations and spaying I have sponsors sometimes. Dun really like the idea of people paying for the dogs i rescue. Very pai seh..

For adopters, my dogs are free for adoption no matter pure breed(yes i do have pure breeds just that i dun advertise them) or mix breed. But they have to agree to my terms and conditions. Below is the terms and conditions that they have to sign and agree to it :-

l Neutering or spaying the dog when it is 6 months old.

l First 3 vaccinations must be done including yearly vaccination.

l Fosterer above mentioned has the right to be referred to the new vet for checking of the dogs medical report (to confirm whether the medical requirements are fulfilled)

l Must get a licence for the dog.

l Must send the dog for boarding if owner is away.

l Allow home visits from the above mentioned fosterer.

l Under any circumstances that you do not wish to keep the dog, you must pass the dog back to the fosterer as mentioned above and not pass it to someone else.

l In any case that the dog is found to be mistreated, the fosterer has the right to take back the above mentioned dog.

If i have already spayed the dog i will ask back for the spaying fee and also the vaccination fee if necessary. My vet gives me a special rate for spaying them but if someone adopts the dog I will ask for a normal dog's spaying price and pay him the balance. If the dog is returned to me i will refund them the money from my own pocket.

If any of the adopters would like to give any form of contribution i will usually insist on dog food or maybe anti tick. If they die die also wan to give me money i will accept but will record it down so that if anybody queries where the money go to i can show them. Best is still they pay straight to doctor for spaying or vaccinations sponsoring.

Spaying for female : Will range from rm200 - rm250 depending on size of the dog.

Neutering for male : Will range from rm150 - rm200 depending on size of the dog.

Vaccinations are rm35 each.

For food usually I would tell them to go to a pet shop in ss2 to get it cos the boss there gives a special rate for my rescued dogs. i also dun want them to waste too much money. Feel free to raise any concerns to me.

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Nov 7, 2007, 8:33 PM

Post #2 of 26 (3567 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] Q by bubull - how much i spend and charge the adopter for a rescued dog. [In reply to] Can't Post

wah, I can see you are really doing some good things for dogs lah.

nickchong
Dog Kichi

Nov 7, 2007, 8:55 PM

Post #3 of 26 (3561 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JS Lew] Q by bubull - how much i spend and charge the adopter for a rescued dog. [In reply to] Can't Post

She is ANGEL FOR THE DOG WORLD

Keep up with the good work........................

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 7, 2007, 9:59 PM

Post #4 of 26 (3553 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nickchong] Q by bubull - how much i spend and charge the adopter for a rescued dog. [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks. the vet see me till can recognise my car also liao. One week see him so many times. Later this dog later that dog. After that go to see him for consultation and ask for advice then so many more things. Think i visit him more than i visit giant for groceries..hahaha..

mike9my
Enthusiast

Nov 7, 2007, 10:11 PM

Post #5 of 26 (3546 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] Q by bubull - how much i spend and charge the adopter for a rescued dog. [In reply to] Can't Post

correction " Florence Nightingale OF Puppy . Com " would suite her better. I would definitely vote for her in this category.
Keep it up yen!!!

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 7, 2007, 10:17 PM

Post #6 of 26 (3545 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mike9my] Q by bubull - how much i spend and charge the adopter for a rescued dog. [In reply to] Can't Post

Haha...Dun la call me like that, i dun like wear nurse uniform hahaha.. Woo hoo... 13 minutes more i can go home liao.. Go play with the doggies.

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Nov 7, 2007, 10:38 PM

Post #7 of 26 (3539 views)
Shortcut

Shocked 13 minutes more can go home?????

Whats ur working hours mannn??? Crazy I got 2.5 HOURS more mannnn only can go home and bully my dogs. Tongue

Eh don forget, mail me too ok! Story story, i also wan story. Tongue

*Rascal's Philosophy "Will give the world up for a good nap"
Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 7, 2007, 11:27 PM

Post #8 of 26 (3522 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steffy1811] Q by bubull - how much i spend and charge the adopter for a rescued dog. [In reply to] Can't Post

I work for the australia team. So start from 7am- 4pm . Now daylight savings start 6am till 3pm. This week many onleave so we took half an hr lunch then can go home at 2.30pm. Eat in front of pc everyday so cham.. Later mail you also.. Haha..

bubull

Nov 7, 2007, 11:35 PM

Post #9 of 26 (3520 views)
Shortcut

U are saint but if u dont ask back the money u paid u will faint Frown

I think u need to put in the chip also just incase one day the dog is dump by road side u may trace who the owner is.

nickchong
Dog Kichi

Nov 8, 2007, 12:45 AM

Post #10 of 26 (3505 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bubull] Q by bubull - how much i spend and charge the adopter for a rescued dog. [In reply to] Can't Post

wal liao lei very good ideal, also ask for deposit lah, you dump the dog - your deposit gone with the wind.........

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 8, 2007, 1:35 AM

Post #11 of 26 (3496 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bubull] Q by bubull - how much i spend and charge the adopter for a rescued dog. [In reply to] Can't Post

I understand what you mean. I personally dedicate a part of my salary to it so i take it as doing charity lo. Spaying and vaccinations of cos must take back so that they will understand they are not suppose to breed the dogs. If they dun agree to it i will not allow them to adopt the pup. If i rescue wan i dun mind paying for some of the medical stuff but if someone else rescue and wants to put at my place i will charge them. They must know that I am not a charity organisation. I dun have funds like PAWS and SPCA.

Microchiping is very costly. MY own dogs I do put microchip la. But others haven't really gone into it yet. Maybe one day when i raise my financial status then i will do that. But transfer owner also ma fan.. haha.. See how lo..

(This post was edited by acsyen on Nov 8, 2007, 1:49 AM)

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Nov 8, 2007, 5:21 AM

Post #12 of 26 (3477 views)
Shortcut

Really salute you for what you have done for the dogs...

Hopefully I can be of any helps ---- maybe I can donate some dog food to you.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 8, 2007, 6:19 AM

Post #13 of 26 (3470 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JS Lew] Q by bubull - how much i spend and charge the adopter for a rescued dog. [In reply to] Can't Post

Come and visit them le.. All very naughty wan..haha..

nickchong
Dog Kichi

Nov 8, 2007, 6:32 AM

Post #14 of 26 (3469 views)
Shortcut

Yen

Tomorow is Deepavali, is your house open for visitor? I would like to take my family to visit your dog - JUST VISIT if you are free ?

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 8, 2007, 7:30 AM

Post #15 of 26 (3465 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nickchong] Q by bubull - how much i spend and charge the adopter for a rescued dog. [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes of cos, anyone is welcome anytime after my working time. Will go vets after work at 2.30pm then will be at home. Will be home by 4pm. Please give me a call at 012-4151524. Dun be suprised you are not the only visitor tomorrow. I think bout 3 people will be visiting me also after 4pm. Do drop by then all dog lovers can have a chit chat..

Kevin Chuan
ALPHA

Nov 8, 2007, 10:20 AM

Post #16 of 26 (3457 views)
Shortcut

Anyone can visit or adopt yen's doggies, BUT noy yen... coz yen has been adopted.... hehehehehe!

Kevin Chuan
ALPHA

Nov 8, 2007, 10:22 AM

Post #17 of 26 (3456 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mike9my] Q by bubull - how much i spend and charge the adopter for a rescued dog. [In reply to] Can't Post

hey mike,

We were at Old Town waiting for you ler... BZ kah?

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 8, 2007, 2:10 PM

Post #18 of 26 (3452 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kevin Chuan] Q by bubull - how much i spend and charge the adopter for a rescued dog. [In reply to] Can't Post

Haha.. mike went to old town to look for us. But at queensbay wan.. Win liao lo..

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 8, 2007, 2:20 PM

Post #19 of 26 (3451 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kevin Chuan] Q by bubull - how much i spend and charge the adopter for a rescued dog. [In reply to] Can't Post

Haha.. i think most of them has noted this le kai yeh.. U really waiting to watch the football wan hor. Sure u wake up late today.. When free u watch the video i sent you la. Need to support with speakers or ear piece as it's quite soft.

Kevin Chuan
ALPHA

Nov 8, 2007, 8:19 PM

Post #20 of 26 (3433 views)
Shortcut

Hahaha! Even I slept late also I will still wake up early. I will watch the clip tonite when m free.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 8, 2007, 8:50 PM

Post #21 of 26 (3431 views)
Shortcut

Do let me know if you need other clips will burn dvd for you le.. Oh ya do you know he himself owns a few pits?

lilfunky
Canine Addict

Nov 25, 2007, 6:33 PM

Post #22 of 26 (3313 views)
Shortcut

aiks, didnt notice this thread. i rescue another 5 months mongrel . replaced my baby mongrel. they look alike. hmmm..

but yen, u will look very great in nurse uniform Cool WAGHAHWHA
Love them, they will love you
They Don't Talk Don't Meant They Wrong.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 25, 2007, 7:14 PM

Post #23 of 26 (3311 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lilfunky] Q by bubull - how much i spend and charge the adopter for a rescued dog. [In reply to] Can't Post

Dun wan la.. Dun think it is nice. White colour will turn to black soon if i go play wt the dogs..

lilfunky
Canine Addict

Nov 26, 2007, 2:06 AM

Post #24 of 26 (3293 views)
Shortcut

lol take the pink colour one hahaha
or blue..
maybe u can do for urself one black 1. haha
but lenglui wear like nurse kills the whole streets ppl u noe. so do it Laugh
Love them, they will love you
They Don't Talk Don't Meant They Wrong.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 26, 2007, 3:03 PM

Post #25 of 26 (3285 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lilfunky] Q by bubull - how much i spend and charge the adopter for a rescued dog. [In reply to] Can't Post

Later ppl bang wall bang tree then blame the gal die liao lo..

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my