Home: Behavioral Problems: Aggresive Dogs and Puppies:
dog aggressive great dane puppy

isdapous
New User

Nov 7, 2007, 3:58 PM

Post #1 of 3 (3204 views)
Shortcut
dog aggressive great dane puppy Can't Post

Hi All: I have a 19 week old Great Dane puppy who came here at 5 weeks due to dam's death and 18 puppies. He is wonderful with all people but is very dominant with one of my 100 pound labs and rough houses with the other 100 pound lab. Both labs are male. the pup is also male to be neutered and have gastropexy mid December. My problem is he is very aggressive toward other dogs. We do go to obediance class every week, but he has taken a distinct dislike to a doberman in the class and wants to dominate all other dogs in class.
I work hard on distracting him with treats and getting his attention away from other dogs, but he is getting stronger and I want to really stop this behavior as soon as possible. Any hints would be greatly apprectated. Chaos is one of the loves of my life, along with my other 2 dogs and 3 cats and hubby and daughter.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 7, 2007, 4:28 PM

Post #2 of 3 (3201 views)
Shortcut
Re: [isdapous] dog aggressive great dane puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

I think neutering would be one of the options. Another is behavior correction. i am not so sure how to do it. Have seen my dog's trainer doing it very effective dog learnt in 20 minutes. Make sure you find a certified trainer to do that so far i heard onli few are certified here in KL.

If you believe in law of attraction the name might attract chaos. If all fails try changing the name. Who knows it might help..

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

myzanordin
ALPHA

Nov 7, 2007, 10:11 PM

Post #3 of 3 (3191 views)
Shortcut
Re: [isdapous] dog aggressive great dane puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

U may want to try OB class with Mr. Rajah of Puppy.com. He is my kid's trainer. I saw him handle a bulmastiff recently...If u are not sure perhaps u may want to ask around from his other 'students' from this forum.

He is very detailed, strict but will definately see result......Basco, my stubborn min. pin has shown impressive improvement...M so proud of my Basco

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my