Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Grooming:
Can i bath my dog everyday using just plain water??

sirwin81
Enthusiast

Nov 3, 2007, 6:59 AM

Post #1 of 12 (2442 views)
Shortcut
Can i bath my dog everyday using just plain water?? Can't Post

Hi

Just wondering can i bath my dog everyday or at least once every 2 -3 days using only plain water?? will this strip the dog off the natural oil or coating the fur has??

Reason y i wanna bath the dog more often is because i am trying to get rid of its body odur without having to overdose the shampoo

chrisong
Doggyman

Nov 3, 2007, 4:58 PM

Post #2 of 12 (2434 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sirwin81] Can i bath my dog everyday using just plain water?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes you can. Just clean water. Remember to blow dry the coat.

sirwin81
Enthusiast

Nov 3, 2007, 5:32 PM

Post #3 of 12 (2430 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Can i bath my dog everyday using just plain water?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok.

i dun usually blow dry. I have one towel which i will use to dry him up.

chrisong
Doggyman

Nov 3, 2007, 5:34 PM

Post #4 of 12 (2427 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sirwin81] Can i bath my dog everyday using just plain water?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Is adviseble to blow dry their wet coat. Leaving dog with wet coat will increase chances your dog get skin problem.

lilfunky
Canine Addict

Nov 3, 2007, 8:19 PM

Post #5 of 12 (2422 views)
Shortcut

is your dog still a puppy? if is a puppy den dont bath them so much first. atlease more than 5 month is better. they will catch cold easier if u just use towel without hairdryer to dry them up.
just press a little bit of dog shampoo would make him smell better right ?
use powder as well
Love them, they will love you
They Don't Talk Don't Meant They Wrong.

sirwin81
Enthusiast

Nov 3, 2007, 9:30 PM

Post #6 of 12 (2420 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lilfunky] Can i bath my dog everyday using just plain water?? [In reply to] Can't Post

my puppy is 6 months old

lilfunky
Canine Addict

Nov 4, 2007, 8:39 PM

Post #7 of 12 (2389 views)
Shortcut

then i think is alright, but rmb dont bath ur dog when the weather is windy.
when there's Sunlight. then only bath ur dog.
good luck for everything
Love them, they will love you
They Don't Talk Don't Meant They Wrong.

sirwin81
Enthusiast

Nov 5, 2007, 12:57 AM

Post #8 of 12 (2370 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lilfunky] Can i bath my dog everyday using just plain water?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yup that is what i do

when it is raining or when the day is rather cold / windy i will not bath the dog

but to be on the safe side i have decided to just rinse my water with plain water every 2 -3 days once n use shampoo once a week

k9groom
Novice

Nov 5, 2007, 8:39 AM

Post #9 of 12 (2353 views)
Shortcut

Bathing without blowing will cause ur pup to have fungal. I believe it's a golden retreiver rite? cos ur picture says so. ah ha.. but anyway, goldens are very prone to having fungal bcos their undercoat is really hard to dry and all those wetness gets stuck inside without u knowing bcos u'll not feel the wetness in the undercoat if the outer coat is dry. I recommend u to THOROUGHLY dry ur pup after the bath. and also, i won't think that u can get rid of his body odour if u jus wash him with water everyday. Like, if we humans hv dirty hair, we can't just wash with plain water and be clean rite? Try to find out why he has the BO bcos dogs with normal skin won't really have much of a smell.

Maybe u can try to get a clarifying shampoo if he smells becos he's too dirty. but otherwise, could be a skin problem coming so better check on it. is his coat oily? rub ur hands against the lay of the hair. Does he hv dandruff? inflamed skin?

sirwin81
Enthusiast

Nov 5, 2007, 3:41 PM

Post #10 of 12 (2340 views)
Shortcut
Re: [k9groom] Can i bath my dog everyday using just plain water?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi K9groom. Thanx for the input. Yeah pretty hard to actually 100% dry the dog. not only is he full of long hair but also he just wont stay still. but i do go thru the hairs with dry towel a couple of times to dry him up as much as possible.

The body odur is the normal dog odur. The reason y i wanted to just rinse him with plain water is because i notice he tends to step on his stool n sometimes just lay still on top of his urine. so mah rinse with water lor.

He has no skin problems. no drandruf , no inflamation n etc. in fact his skin is almost flawless except for the one - 2 fleas which i try to catch on daily basis using a flea comb

Lil_Gizmo
Novice

Nov 22, 2007, 6:54 PM

Post #11 of 12 (2093 views)
Shortcut

Hi sirwin81!

Mebbe u would like to try shampoo called "Filthy Animal", de liquid is red in colour. My pup use to smell after 2-3 days after bath. But after using this shampoo, he smells pretty good for a week or so . Alternatively, u can consider getting a type of solution that you can add on to your pup's drinking water... apparently it can reduce the body odour as well as stool odour. I have not personally tried tat, but i have few frens using it with positive results.

Hope it helps!

boco

Nov 22, 2007, 7:13 PM

Post #12 of 12 (2090 views)
Shortcut

Sometimes the unpleasant odour come from the ears, make sure the ears are clean.

It's not advisable to let the dog get wet every day. Golden Retrievers are prone to have skin rashes as they have thick furcoat if they're not thoroughly dry. You can try to use powder shampoo that doesn't require rinsing with water.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my